Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Philly isn't as dominant offensively as they were last year.  They're still really good, but not great.  The 49ers are rounding into form and can beat them next week and in the playoffs when they meet

As long as we don't see Philly or Dallas in the SB it will make my year.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is entirely on McDermott, who I like, but when he elected to play conservative and not at least give it a shot with 20 seconds left, the football gods were angered.

There was never a doubt after that 

Or he could have just run more running plays before scoring that TD so there was no to little time left for the Eagles to go down and tie the game. 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is entirely on McDermott, who I like, but when he elected to play conservative and not at least give it a shot with 20 seconds left, the football gods were angered.

There was never a doubt after that 

IMO, the Bills fate was sealed after that incompletion in OT.  That's a TD if Allen and the WR are on the same page

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zCommander said:

What is wrong with these refs? That was a late hit on the QB out of bounds!

I'm just an inch away from calling for violence to refs on some of the calls this year(reacting emotionally, not really wanting such).

The game isn't rigged. The refs are just incompetent too often. I know the job is super challenging, so the NFL needs to make it a goddam profession with intensive training and specific preparation for each game and the teams involved just like players and coaches do it. And real consequences for egregious errors. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, bh32 said:

So people in NY can call to the refs to have a player rejected for a non intentional bang bang hit,but can't do the same for the Herbert hit?

I've never understood that anyway. 

It's like, "if you want a call overturned you have to challenge" so then how am I supposed to feel when you're overturning calls for the other team without a challenge?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

19 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

The game isn't rigged. The refs are just incompetent too often. I know the job is super challenging, so the NFL needs to make it a goddam profession with intensive training and specific preparation for each game and the teams involved just like players and coaches do it. And real consequences for egregious errors.

Maybe it is rigged...

just not in the way we are thinking.

If I had to map out a pathway to get the NFL to establish a Ref school and full-time job...

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Maybe it is rigged...

just not in the way we are thinking.

If I had to map out a pathway to get the NFL to establish a Ref school and full-time job...

They don't "screw teams" or try to rig games. What they do (apart from just screw up, badly) is what happens in all sports- they err in favor of the better players/teams.

That sucks in all sports,. But in some situatins you can kind of understand it (ie "Barry Bonds didn't swing at that so it must not be a strike") but there is really no reason for it in football. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

They don't "screw teams" or try to rig games. What they do (apart from just screw up, badly) is what happens in all sports- they err in favor of the better players/teams.

All I'm sayin' is we will never have full time refs if they were good at their jobs.

If I was in the ref fraternity and we wanted to get some of that sweet-sweet NFL bag... You have the power to help make that happen.

istockphoto-1257284419-612x612.jpg.f152f05acd9a12076ce6dfc1da0b489b.jpg