Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

I'm honestly puzzled why the clock stopped after that Cousins completion to Addison on 3rd and 3 with 2:26 left. Addison went down in bounds. SF did not take a timeout. Does the clock automatically stop on penalties even when they are not accepted? 

If someone could help me out that would be appreciated, I feel like I must be misunderstanding something. I checked the Vikings message board and no one said anything about it in the game thread.

*edit - I found something that says that the clock automatically stops after a foul within the last five minutes of the game.  So that must be it.  *shrugs*  Even though the penalty was declined.

Edited by abdcskins

Dumbass, Josh Allen ran the ball in and started strutting around like a pea****. Apparently, he's hurt himself and now Kyle Allen is in. I just say anything and let everyone in the thread think its Josh Allen out there...but I'm bored.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Except those were legit penalties though. 

Not really. The legal contact started at about 3 yards and the two kept contact to about 7 yards. If the hill you want to die on is "technically that's a penalty so it's 100% awesome to be deciding games on plays like that which they almost always let go" then go ahead, I guess. 

The facemarks was a facemark. Though with how they protect QBs, it ws odd they wouldn't blow that dead when Mayfield was int he grasp for so long, forcing the DL to take him down. But it was a facemark. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Not really. The legal contact started at about 3 yards and the two kept contact to about 7 yards. If the hill you want to die on is "technically that's a penalty so it's 100% awesome to be deciding games on plays like that which they almost always let go" then go ahead, I guess. 

The facemarks was a facemark. Though with how they protect QBs, it ws odd they wouldn't blow that dead when Mayfield was int he grasp for so long, forcing the DL to take him down. But it was a facemark. 

The contact started while the QB was still in the pocket. That is illegal like they said. The rule is the rule. Now if the offence lineman trips and loses his balance and ends up on top the defender that is called holding. Those are subjectives though. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

The contact started while the QB was still in the pocket. That is illegal like they said. The rule is the rule. Now if the offence lineman trips and loses his balance and ends up on top the defender that is called holding. Those are subjectives though. 

So you believe any contact outside 5 yards always is, and should be, called. Got it. 

I'm extremely glad the game that you want to see doesn't actually exist. 

10 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So you believe any contact outside 5 yards always is, and should be, called. Got it. 

I'm extremely glad the game that you want to see doesn't actually exist. 

What the hell you are talking about. The contact started at the LOS and continued for 7 yards or so. Did you see the replay? What did I miss?

On 10/22/2023 at 11:27 PM, hail2skins said:

Looking at who the Eagles are dealing with after next week.....DAL, bye, @KC, BUFF, SF......and you can make a case that next week is a trap game for them. Not that I think the Commanders will win.

It still cracks me up that one of the announcers referred to our game today as a trap game for us. "Commanders having a trap game" is something that just doesn't make any sense.

I thought the same thing. That commentator obviously knows nothing about us. It's literally impossible for us to EVER play a trap game. Where the trap is set vs us. Absolutely inconceivable. A preposterous suggestion.