Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks, am the one who took McLachlan.  I missed that Bell was falling that far if i caught it I might have taken him before 192.

I like Sanders better than some do here.  But I wanted a better combine from him -- 4.7 speed, and he benched almost nothing so it makes me wonder about his athleticism.   He and Bell have sort of the same superpower YAC, Sanders with the better hands but it wouldn't shock me if Bell ends up better.  Wouldn't shock me if one of the two emerges and the other is just a guy or both bust, hard call.

I was early on Wiley back when he was more obscure, now he gets more attention but I tend to be partial to players I like early on.  Downside to him late bloomer, below average blocker but good hands and for a dude that size he can run.  I liked him before I knew he ran a 4.6, now am even more sold.  

Sinnott is the typical TE i like -- used everywhere, can block, can catch, good athlete.  I don't love his seperation skills though so i think his ceiling might be limited.

Stover, jack of all trades master of none, high floor, solid.

McClachlan I watched more of for the board's draft and he grew on me the more I watched.   He hits me as sort of a Cooley lite.   Sort of in that Stover made, jack of all trades, master of none but I think he has a good floor, solid #2 type TE in the NFL.

You are right on that outside of Bowers, none of the guys grade out before the 3rd round. You know that at least one or two of the guys will however be taken in the second.

My gut is they want Sanders way more than the others. If they were able to land a top OT at 36 and trade back from 40 like many predict, I can see them take Sanders with a potential later round 2 selection.

To me, if they can't get him they will look to Sinnott, Stover Wiley, McLachlan and don't forget Reiman as they did bring him in for a visit (guessing it's really late for blacking skills). It's tough as most of these guys just aren't capable of being all around TE's.

Always enjoy your TE takes!

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Where do people stand on Cooper dejean?

I'd play him at FS. Don't think he can keep up as a CB. But I think he'll end up being a late 1st rounder. Could see Detroit snagging him, they need secondary help bad.

Okay it won't happen, but at what pick does Brock Bowers have to tumble to that we start thinking about a tradeup for him instead of an OT?

I suspect he won't make it past 10, but sometimes a mock sneaks through where he goes in the mid-to-late teens and I start to think weird thoughts.

23 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Like the cut of his jib but I don't think we can get him.  PFF 9 overall, 4th CB/26th overall on ESPN.  Mayyyyyyybe he's still around at 36 but then you gotta compare him to available OTs because we need an OT much worse and if both Dejean and an OT fall then I think you take OT.

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Okay it won't happen, but at what pick does Brock Bowers have to tumble to that we start thinking about a tradeup for him instead of an OT?

Based on the draft value chart(antiquated I know but it does give you an idea), 36 + 40 = 15. Its a bit of a steep price to pay, and assuming we draft Daniels I don't think the need for a pass catching TE is as high anymore. Trading up for Fashanu at that point would make more sense, but ultimately I'd rather keep those two high 2nds.

I think the most I'm willing to give up to move back into the first would be some combo of one of our 2nds and one of our 3rds. And maybe a 5th round pick swap as the cherry on top. I think that would get us to like 23 or so.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Based on the draft value chart(antiquated I know but it does give you an idea), 36 + 40 = 15. Its a bit of a steep price to pay, and assuming we draft Daniels I don't think the need for a pass catching TE is as high anymore. Trading up for Fashanu at that point would make more sense, but ultimately I'd rather keep those two high 2nds.

I think the most I'm willing to give up to move back into the first would be some combo of one of our 2nds and one of our 3rds. And maybe a 5th round pick swap as the cherry on top. I think that would get us to like 23 or so.

I actually disagree and am working on a post in response to another one of your posts in the QB thread that touches on that, BUT overall I do agree with your assessment here.  Bowers would be a lovely toy but I think the delta between say, Bowers with a big trade-up vs just taking Sinnott in the 3rd isn't large enough to warrant sacrificing a shot at OT in a trade up, or OT + another player if we don't

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

You are right on that outside of Bowers, none of the guys grade out before the 3rd round. You know that at least one or two of the guys will however be taken in the second.

My gut is they want Sanders way more than the others. If they were able to land a top OT at 36 and trade back from 40 like many predict, I can see them take Sanders with a potential later round 2 selection.

To me, if they can't get him they will look to Sinnott, Stover Wiley, McLachlan and don't forget Reiman as they did bring him in for a visit (guessing it's really late for blacking skills). It's tough as most of these guys just aren't capable of being all around TE's.

Always enjoy your TE takes!

Reiman hits me as a poor man's Adam Trautman.  A bit more inconsistent as a blocker but has big moments too.  His blocking grade ironically is "meh" from PFF.  Good athlete clearly.  Doesn't come off twitchy though or a YAC guy from what i watched. But I can see him developed as a blocking TE.

You sure they brought him in for a visit?  I know I saw Wiley, and it was either a formal combine interview or a provisit for Sanders. I saw an informal for Reiman at the combine, don't recall seeing pro visit.

Sanders I think miight fall in the draft, late 3rd maybe.   For a dude who majors in YAC, I was hoping to see him with a faster time.  I know its not the be all and and all but 8 reps on the bench press?  I am OK with Sanders but got some questions about him.  I've yo yo'd on him more than any prospect in the draft.  My first thought was overrated.  2nd thought was I get it.  Post combine i am getting closer to my original thought.  But I'll watch him again. 

McLachlan is my bigger grower.  Wiley has sort of been my guy for a long time but i don't love him either, I like him.

I don't think its that easy to parse through Sinnott, Stover, Wiley, Sanders, Mclachlan.  If someone told me they like anyone of them over the other, I'd get it.  They are grouped tight for me. Bell maybe, too. 

As for rolling the dice.  Erick All looks the part.  If he can stay heatlhy and put it together, maybe he emerges.  If I am going with a blocking TE I'd prefer Barner over Reiman but Reiman is definitetly more fun.  Barner though is really consistent as a blocker.

It's not like a have major conviction about these guys aside from Bowers.  Last year i had plenty conviction on a number of guys.

I talked about this some on the QB thread.  If they got with Daniels, the YAC TEs intrigue me more:  Bell, Sanders.  Sinnott, Stover and Wiley aren't bad either on that front.  But Bell in particular stands out to me more in that context.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Love him.  Just 21.  Played mostly outside corner in college but with his size and playmaking ability, in the pros he can be one of those swiss army knives, Minkah Fitzpatrick types.  

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If we go up to 15, it needs to be for Brian Thomas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

If we're drafting Daniels then yeah we gotta pair him with Thomas. Dude can't win without awesome WRs. A Thomas/McLaurin/Dotson trio would be nasty. 

I have Thomas going 17 to the Jags but could see him going as high as 14 to the Saints, so that's the team we'd have to trade up for. 36 + 40 is slightly short of 14, might have to throw in one of our 5ths.

On 4/12/2024 at 6:49 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

The thing I remembered about that draft is they had a camera at the Kenny Picket household  They cut to them as it went into the 2nd half of the first round and it looked like someone had died.  I guess he expected to go top 10 which was nonsense, he went where he was mocked to go. That and his fake slide made him an easy guy for me to root against.  

I hate the one year blow up picks like Pickett; give me Maye who stepped in and won ACC everything and threw for 4000 plus 

• Like 3

Don’t know that I necessarily see a particular draft pick where it makes sense for us to take him after bringing in Ekeler — but I just spent some time on Troy Franklin, and good lord do I love Bucky Irving. 

So much Sproles in that kid. Just impossible to bring down with the first man if he’s got time to get you lined up. So quick, so compact, exceptional finisher for a little guy.

He’ll end up on some team like Houston and will absolutely convert a few 3rd downs in big games for them before it’s said and down. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Reiman hits me as a poor man's Adam Trautman.  A bit more inconsistent as a blocker but has big moments too.  His blocking grade ironically is "meh" from PFF.  Good athlete clearly.  Doesn't come off twitchy though or a YAC guy from what i watched. But I can see him developed as a blocking TE.

You sure they brought him in for a visit?  I know I saw Wiley, and it was either a formal combine interview or a provisit for Sanders. I saw an informal for Reiman at the combine, don't recall seeing pro visit.

I can see your comparison. I liked Trautman, Reiman is eh, ok just like most of the TE's this year. 

I am looking at our TE pool and think they must want Ertz to teach a young gun. That means they either believe in Bates, Turner and/or Rogers. I don't see that, they are going to want to draft a TE this year. I think it's going to need to be one of the 3-4th round group. While I haven't heard much on the Sinnott front, I still think he is the best fit. My gut is they want Sanders. Stover can probably step in quickly so I could see an interest there for an all around TE.

I swear I read a list of top 30 visits in a post here a week or so ago that only showed two TE's, Sanders and Reiman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Don’t know that I necessarily see a particular draft pick where it makes sense for us to take him after bringing in Ekeler — but I just spent some time on Troy Franklin, and good lord do I love Bucky Irving. 

So much Sproles in that kid. Just impossible to bring down with the first man if he’s got time to get you lined up. So quick, so compact, exceptional finisher for a little guy.

He’ll end up on some team like Houston and will absolutely convert a few 3rd downs in big games for them before it’s said and down. 

Sproles was one of my all time favorite players, he was so explosive. Ekeler is similar and I've always loved him too.  And like Sproles when he got to Philly I firmly believe Ekeler will be very productive for us this season.  

I posted this in the QB thread, Daniels superpower is judged purely on QB ratings per routes are go-post routes, these are the guys who majored in them more and had some success.

I am not one of the people here who think we for sure are taking Daniels though.  I think its 50-50.

Burton and Polk are two of my favs.  Got concerns about both.  Burton -- character.  Polk -- speed.

I like Legette feels a bit boom-bust though.  Franklin can run but my fear with him is the dude Paul Richardson?  He's scrawny and he doesn't play physical

Screen Shot 2024-04-13 at 1.57.40 PM.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Going Commando said:

It seems like you are high on Brian Thomas.  The NFL PFF podcast hate as both those hosts don't have him the first round.   They think he is a deep threat only guy (and routes that work off the deep route like comebacks).  He doesn't have a lot of short or immediate route running skills so those will have to be developed.  They think his drop percentage is a bit too high for him to be an elite deep threat.  They don't hate him, but they both have him more in that 8-10 range.   How do you see him?

10 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

He is a rich mans Quan Martin.  Probably best as a safety or slot corner, but does have the ability to play on the outside.  If you play him on the outside you probably want him in press coverage.  He could be a versatile piece.  An outside corner in a bump and run situations and a slot corner on off coverage.

34 minutes ago, philibusters said:

It seems like you are high on Brian Thomas.  The NFL PFF podcast hate as both those hosts don't have him the first round.   They think he is a deep threat only guy (and routes that work off the deep route like comebacks).  He doesn't have a lot of short or immediate route running skills so those will have to be developed.  They think his drop percentage is a bit too high for him to be an elite deep threat.  They don't hate him, but they both have him more in that 8-10 range.   How do you see him?

I think he's a rock solid first rounder and have him WR4.  I'm working on my big board, but right now I have Thomas 14.  He's a beast on crossers and quick outs, not just a great deep threat with elite speed and ball tracking ability.  He's 6'4 with elite speed and he's got legit finesse skills and wiggle.  I wouldn't overthink it with him.

21 hours ago, Going Commando said:

I think he's a rock solid first rounder and have him WR4.  I'm working on my big board, but right now I have Thomas 14.  He's a beast on crossers and quick outs, not just a great deep threat with elite speed and ball tracking ability.  He's 6'4 with elite speed and he's got legit finesse skills and wiggle.  I wouldn't overthink it with him.

He is my WR4 as well. The top 4 are set for me, the rest of the WR board continues to evolve lol. Thomas falls in the 13-21 range on most mocks. If we were moving up to 15 for him, wouldn't that go against your rules? 

I have agreed with your posts that it is only worth moving up if you are taking someone who is slipping quite a number of slots so you are getting a bargain, otherwise let the draft come to you. There are number of good WR's through day 1 and 2. Does his familiarity with Daniels influence you on this if JD was selected at 2? Or is your grade for him on your big board have him in the mid to late 20'S?

2024 NFL draft rankings: Matt Miller's top 474 prospects

• miller_matt.png&h=80&w=80&scale=crop

I'm really excited about this 2024 NFL draft class -- so excited that I couldn't stop listing prospects when putting together my final rankings. The group features incredible talent across the board but especially on the offensive side of the ball. Quarterback Caleb Williams and receiver Marvin Harrison Jr. are among the best we've seen at their respective positions in a long time.

But how do all of these excellent players stack up, from the first-rounders to the potential undrafted free agent signings? After months of film study, I'm ready to lock in rankings. So here is my final list of the 474 (!) best prospects available, plus detailed scouting notes and a pro comp for each of the top 50. And all the way at the bottom here, I also listed the top five to watch at every position. Let's get started.

_end_rule.png30.png&h=110&w=110

1. Caleb Williams, QB, USC

Height: 6-foot-1 | Weight: 214 pounds | Grade: 98
Comp: Aaron Rodgers

Williams is an elite prospect with upper-level arm strength, running ability, field vision and poise. There are times when he forces some passes, and he'll have to get the ball out faster in the NFL, but he has shown he can carry a team and create big plays with his second-effort mobility, diverse arm angles and arm talent. Williams finished 11th in QBR last season (82.4) and threw for 3,633 yards, 30 touchdown passes and five interceptions. He is the overwhelming favorite to go first overall.

194.png&h=110&w=110

2. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 209 | Grade: 98
Comp: A.J. Green

Harrison has excellent body control, breakaway speed and a savvy understanding of the wideout position. Despite defenses knowing where the ball is going the majority of the time when Ohio State drops back to pass, Harrison finished the season with 67 catches for 1,211 yards and 14 TDs. Buckeyes co-offensive coordinator Brian Hartline said Harrison is the best receiver he has coached, and if Caleb Williams weren't in this class, Harrison would be cemented as my top prospect for 2024.

• 5dNFL draft experts
264.png&h=110&w=110

3. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 212 | Grade: 97
Comp: Ja'Marr Chase

"Aggressive" might be the best word to describe Odunze's game. He's powerful before and after the catch, and he beats up cornerbacks with his frame and physicality. In his dominant 2023 season, Odunze posted 92 catches for 1,640 yards and 13 touchdowns. NFL teams hoping to emulate the 49ers and load up on physical, powerful wide receivers will love his game. His tape is that of a rookie star with high-end potential.

99.png&h=110&w=110

4. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 199 | Grade: 97
Comp: Stefon Diggs

Nabers dominates defensive backs on comebacks and breaking routes as a prototypical X receiver. He's a savvy yet powerful route runner who improved his post-catch ability in 2023. In 13 games, Nabers grabbed 89 catches, 1,569 yards and 14 TDs, averaging 17.6 yards per reception. We've seen his ability to win with his size, but now he's also winning with acceleration out of his breaks and over the top. Nabers profiles well as a future WR1 in the NFL.

99.png&h=110&w=110

5. Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 210 | Grade: 95
Comp: Lamar Jackson

The reigning Heisman Trophy winner, Daniels was the most improved player in college football last season, as his passing touchdown total went from 17 to 40. Playing in the ultra-competitive SEC, he also rushed for 1,230 yards (not including sacks) and 10 scores. Daniels is an elite dual-threat whose improved patience and vision in the pocket allowed him to become a 95.6 QBR passer. His lean body type may give some teams pause, but his deep-ball passing and rushing ability are special traits.

87.png&h=110&w=110

6. Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame

Height: 6-9 | Weight: 321 | Grade: 95
Comp: Andrew Thomas

Alt has started 33 games at left tackle, showing power in both the running and passing game. His strong lower body keeps him active in the running game, but it's his patience and calm demeanor in the passing game that is truly impressive. Alt has the length and power to handle outside rushers and their countermoves, and his agility allows him to recover well. He allowed just eight pressures and two sacks over the past two seasons, and he's a Day 1 starting left tackle in the NFL.

333.png&h=110&w=110

7. Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 247 | Grade: 95
Comp: Josh Allen

Turner was asked to replace Will Anderson Jr. at Alabama last season and performed admirably in the role. His speed off the ball is a wow factor, and while he doesn't have great length, he makes up for it with an impressive ability to dip his hips and bend around the edge. Turner finished the season with 46 pressures and 10 sacks. Some teams might consider him undersized, but I see him as a three-down outside defender in the NFL. And a 4.46-second run in the 40-yard dash, a 40.5-inch vertical and a 10-foot-7 broad jump at the combine pushed Turner to the top of my defensive rankings.

333.png&h=110&w=110

8. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 189 | Grade: 94
Comp: Devon Witherspoon

Arnold burst onto the scene as a redshirt sophomore last season. With 12 pass breakups and five interceptions in 2023, he's feisty at the line of scrimmage and at the catch point, and he shows excellent closing speed to play the ball. More poise in coverage will come with reps and experience, but Arnold is already displaying quick instincts and toughness that project well to the NFL.

153.png&h=110&w=110

9. Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 223 | Grade: 93
Comp: Justin Herbert

Maye's powerful right arm allows him to hit every area of the field, and high-level traits are obvious on tape. He has great arm strength and mobility to create on the go, and he is poised and aggressive as a passer and runner. Maye is also excellent under pressure and has proved he can carry a roster lacking in elite talent at core positions. He threw for 3,608 yards, 24 TDs and nine interceptions last season. Considering he had only 26 starts in college, we could see Maye sit early in his career -- but NFL scouts have already compared his ability to Herbert and Josh Allen.

play

1:44
The plays that make UNC's Drake Maye a top NFL prospect

Take a look at the top plays from Drake Maye during his time at North Carolina.

61.png&h=110&w=110

10. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 243 | Grade: 93
Comp: George Kittle

The perfect tight end for the modern NFL game, Bowers has game-changing after-the-catch ability and has even lined up at tailback for the Bulldogs on occasion. In his three seasons of play, he had 26 touchdown catches (plus five more scores on the ground) while averaging 14.5 yards per reception. He's a Kittle-like "move" tight end who can haul in passes on middle-of-the-field option routes. The rise of Kittle and Sam LaPorta as legitimate passing-game options and mismatch players is great for Bowers' draft stock.

213.png&h=110&w=110

11. Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT, Penn State

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 312 | Grade: 93
Comp: Terron Armstead

Fashanu shows excellent poise, power and agility, and he allowed one sack and a blown block rate under 1% over 21 career starts. He is a plug-and-play starting left tackle at the next level, with Armstead vibes as an all-around player. There has been debate about his run blocking needing improvement, but Fashanu has the most potential of any blocker in this class.

204.png&h=110&w=110

12. Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 324 | Grade: 93
Comp: Darnell Wright

Fuaga spent the past two years starting at right tackle for Oregon State and established himself as an elite run-blocker with power, balance and precision on the move. He allowed one sack during those two seasons, and he excelled while playing in space in the running game. Fuaga's Senior Bowl performance put him in strong consideration to be a top-15 pick.

251.png&h=110&w=110

13. Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas

Height: 6-1 | Weight: 297 | Grade: 93
Comp: Justin Madubuike

Playing in a 5-technique alignment, Murphy wasn't always put in prime pass-rushing situations in the Texas 3-3-5 defense. He still managed five sacks and 33 pressures, showing the first-step quickness and pure strength to be a difference-maker when allowed to be a one-gap penetrator. Murphy's ability to stay on the field as a three-down 3-technique is driving his stock through the roof.

52.png&h=110&w=110

14. Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 254 | Grade: 93
Comp: Trey Hendrickson

A power rusher, Verse is a handful for offensive tackles against both the run and pass. In his 25 games at Florida State since transferring from Albany, Verse posted 18 sacks, 81 pressures and 24 run stops. And while he got off to a slow start statistically in 2023, he's still an impact three-down defensive player. Verse has the size, length and lower-body strength to be a traditional 4-3 defensive end but could also hold up in a 5-technique alignment over the tackle. His versatility, power and relentless motor are eye-catching.

2649.png&h=110&w=110

15. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 195 | Grade: 93
Comp: Jaylon Johnson

The star of the Senior Bowl, Mitchell dominated every receiver thrown his way throughout the week of practices. He had six interceptions and 32 pass breakups over his final two college seasons, and he allowed a completion rate of 35.2%. He has the length, speed (4.33 in the 40-yard dash) and instincts to be a shutdown cornerback in the NFL.

264.png&h=110&w=110

16. Troy Fautanu, OT/G, Washington

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 317 | Grade: 93
Comp: Peter Skoronski

While Fautanu mainly played left tackle at Washington, he is projected by most scouts to play guard in the NFL. He's an active, aggressive blocker with light feet and really good movement skills both laterally and up the field in the run game. Fautanu also has fast hands and uses them well to create separation or lock onto defenders clearing space as a pulling blocker. He allowed two sacks over 2,053 career snaps and has Day 1-starter ability at guard -- but teams will also love the versatility he brings.

99.png&h=110&w=110

17. Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 209 | Grade: 93
Comp: Tee Higgins

Thomas broke onto the scene as the LSU downfield passing game developed in 2023. He caught 68 passes for 1,177 yards (17.3 per grab) and a nation-leading 17 touchdown catches. Thomas' 6-foot-3 frame and awesome wingspan allow him to separate over the top of defenders, and he has the speed to run right past unassuming cornerbacks.

Wh18. Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 205 | Grade: 93
Comp: George Pickens

It took Mitchell a few games to warm up after transferring from Georgia, but he finished with 11 touchdowns on 90 targets while proving himself as an over-the-top receiver. Mitchell stretches the field with size and speed, and he has excellent body control when adjusting to the deep ball. And he simply doesn't drop passes (one over the past two years). Mitchell's 4.33-second run in the 40-yard dash at his size justified a big move up the board here (No. 30 overall before the combine).

130.png&h=110&w=110

19. J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 219 | Grade: 92
Comp: Jake Plummer

McCarthy enjoyed a breakout 2023 season with more freedom in the Michigan offense, and his draft stock improved immensely. The junior has good arm strength and can speed up his release for better velocity. He's also an accomplished runner who isn't afraid to put his shoulder down to take on linebackers at the goal line. McCarthy is just 21 years old and still developing, and it shows at times in his ball placement. But he's a fast learner when he does make mistakes on the field. He finished third in the nation in QBR (88.2) while completing 72.3% of his throws. I have McCarthy lower here than his likely draft range; recent buzz around the league says he's a potential top-six pick.

2294.png&h=110&w=110

20. Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

Height: 6-1 | Weight: 203 | Grade: 92
Comp: L'Jarius Sneed

DeJean really stands out when you combine his coverage ability, what he brings to the table as a punt returner and how dynamic he is with the ball in his hands after an interception. He had seven interceptions and three defensive touchdowns over the past two years. He also had a punt return touchdown and would have added another against Minnesota had it not been called back on a penalty. His season ended with a broken leg suffered in early November.

150.png&h=110&w=110

21. Graham Barton, OT/C, Duke

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 313 | Grade: 92
Comp: Cody Whitehair

Barton started the past three years at left tackle for Duke, but NFL scouts believe his best position might be guard or even center due to shorter arm length. His movement ability is certainly good enough for inside work. Barton's versatility to play all five O-line spots is intriguing, and his poise in pass protection is solid enough that he should be a rookie starter.

26.png&h=110&w=110

22. Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 259 | Grade: 92
Comp: Matthew Judon

After medically retiring because of a neck injury while at Washington and missing the 2020 and 2021 seasons, Latu landed at UCLA in 2022. He was super productive with 23.5 sacks and 112 pressures over 25 games with the Bruins, and he is sneaky strong in the run game and when asked to counter with his speed moves. Latu figures to be an early draft pick if teams are comfortable with his injury history.

201.png&h=110&w=110

23. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma

Height: 6-8 | Weight: 322 | Grade: 92
Comp: Lane Johnson

Guyton is a lean right tackle prospect with great arm length and the agility to easily move in space as a pass-protector or get out in front of the run game. He's ideal for a zone-blocking scheme, and one NFC East area scout told me that Guyton could be the best tackle in the draft class. Guyton is raw as a prospect -- he has 15 career starts -- but he allowed only eight pressures and one sack over his college career.

61.png&h=110&w=110

24. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

Height: 6-8 | Weight: 340 | Grade: 91
Comp: Cam Robinson

Mims is an eight-game starter at right tackle, but those eight starts and his traits as a pass-protector have NFL scouts very excited. Mims was sidelined with an ankle injury that required TightRope surgery midway through the 2023 season but returned for the final four games. The biggest hole in his game is experience, but Mims didn't allow a sack at Georgia, and he had a blown run block rate of 1.2% over his three-year career.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/38756784/2024-nfl-draft-rankings-top-prospects-positional-matt-miller

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

His numbers on posts-go routes deep balls are insane.  Next best successful route according to PFF are crossers.

Seems like all the receivers just about catch a ton of hitches.

The Commanders Wire 2024 NFL 7-round mock draft: 3.0 is one of the best I've seen yet though I doubt the availability of some where they're taken. Definitely pie in the sky'ish but this draft would be a game-changer for this team in my opinion.

Round 1, No. 2 overall: LSU QB Jayden Daniels

Round 2, No. 36 overall: Arizona OT Jordan Morgan

Round 2, No. 40 overall: South Carolina WR Xavier Legette

Round 3, No. 67 overall: Kansas State TE Ben Sinnott

Round 3, No. 78 overall: Michigan CB Mike Sainristil

Round 3, No. 100 overall: Yale OT Kiran Amegadjie

Round 5, No. 139 overall: Utah edge Jonah Elliss

Round 5, No. 152 overall: Michigan G Zak Zinter

Round 7, No. 222 overall: Auburn CB Nehemiah Pritchett

• Like 2