Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

13 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I'd kill to have someone's positional breakdown of fav day1, day2, day3 OT's, IOL's, DL's, LB's and DB's......That's my dream :)

Fave realistic 2nd round targets:

Chop Robinson

Arie whatshisnamefromyale

Kingsley Saumatia

Ladd Mcconkey

Max Melton

Dont care for any of the DL or LBs in round 2

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think almost no shot Robinson is there at 36.  Had a big proday apparently.  His stock dropped according to some at the combine but feels like the momentum is gained back.

Chop is boom-bust but his boom especially with this coaching staff intrigues me.  Really tough for me to pass on Ladd.  I think if Robinson is gone, I'd go Ladd.  

As for pass rushers, am guessing early 3rd won't be bad:  Kneeland, Isaac, Braswell, Booker, Trice maybe?

I recall we both like Elliss but without the measurable and his length not being hot maybe that's why I often see him in the 4th-5th round range in some mocks.

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 12.56.05 PM.png

Kinda feel like 3-5 (though 5 feels doubtful) of those DEs could go in round 2.  Say roughly - several corners go, a couple/few safeties, something like 6-8 receivers, a couple/few linebackers, maybe Nix, maybe one of the TEs… that leaves something like 10+ spots for DL.  Maybe I’m way off base though?

48 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Fave realistic 2nd round targets:

Chop Robinson

Arie whatshisnamefromyale

Kingsley Saumatia

Ladd Mcconkey

Max Melton

Dont care for any of the DL or LBs in round 2

Chop Robinson looks like a first rounder to me. 

4 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Is anyone going to make a big board this year?  I'm thinking about making a top 100 and creating another thread to keep big board records.

I'd love to see what people think, as I've been playing around with the various simulators I notice some positions seem to differ wildly.  TE especially, curious what people have here...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Kinda feel like 3-5 (though 5 feels doubtful) of those DEs could go in round 2.  Say roughly - several corners go, a couple/few safeties, something like 6-8 receivers, a couple/few linebackers, maybe Nix, maybe one of the TEs… that leaves something like 10+ spots for DL.  Maybe I’m way off base though?

I like some later round guys including 2 guys I took in the board's mock draft Solomon and Cole.  Maybe Cedrick Johnson, Brennan Jackson, Hunt neither of who I watched yet.

But I would guess there will be a run in the late 2nd through mid 3rd:  Kneeland, Isaac, Braswell, Booker, Trice.

In the 4th round range;  Ellis, Murphy?

11 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Is anyone going to make a big board this year?  I'm thinking about making a top 100 and creating another thread to keep big board records.

Maybe.   I got a lot of work to do to hit that because some spots I haven't watched anyone like DT.  

I was thinking of ranking players in the spots I have watched.  I plan to watch a lot this weekend to catch up.  i spend too much time on the QB thread which is derailing me some, plus busier at work than typical at this time of the year. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.   I got a lot of work to do to hit that because some spots I haven't watched anyone like DT.  

I was thinking of ranking players in the spots I have watched.  I plan to watch a lot this weekend to catch up.  i spend too much time on the QB thread which is derailing me some, plus busier at work than typical at this time of the year. 

Yeah it is a lot of work.  Doing a top 100 is less than half of an actual draft board and it still feels like a stretch.  If I can't get to 100, I should definitely be able to do a top 50 or 75.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I'd love to see what people think, as I've been playing around with the various simulators I notice some positions seem to differ wildly.  TE especially, curious what people have here...

TE I am not done but its usually the spot I watch the most and am getting there.  Right now for me as to the ones I've watched,  I think am most different from the mock draft types on TE and safety in this draft.   Maybe also WR on some guys.

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 3.11.28 PM.png

• Like 4

This is thread is what I'm talking about doing again this year:

It's a trip to go back and look at these things.  Big Boards are hard, and my big board from that season already looks like a mess.  But my position rankings look much better.  It speaks to how much harder it is to weigh draft stock than it is to identify talent and make apples to apples comparisons between it.  If we don't end up making a thread, I'd still invite everyone in here to make a big board and/or a position ranking chart and at least post it in here.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

This is thread is what I'm talking about doing again this year:

It's a trip to go back and look at these things.  Big Boards are hard, and my big board from that season already looks like a mess.  But my position rankings look much better.  It speaks to how much harder it is to weigh draft stock than it is to identify talent and make apples to apples comparisons between it.  If we don't end up making a thread, I'd still invite everyone in here to make a big board and/or a position ranking chart and at least post it in here.

Agree its really hard to compare players who play different positions, its easier to go apples to apples for players who play the same spot.

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

TE I am not done but its usually the spot I watch the most and am getting there.  Right now for me as to the ones I've watched,  I think am most different from the mock draft types on TE and safety in this draft.   Maybe also WR on some guys.

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 3.11.28 PM.png

Good looking list SIP.

For whatever it means, here is where TE's were picked in the ES Mock Draft

Brock Bowers    Georgia   12
Ja'Tavion Sanders    Texas    57

Theo Johnson    Penn State    94

Ben Sinnott    Kansas State     97
Cade Stover    Ohio State    101
Jared Wiley    TCU    102
Erick All   Iowa   110

Tanner McLachlan   Arizona    111

AJ Barner    Michigan   157

Jaheim Bell    Florida State    192
Tip Reiman    Illinois    196

Dallin Holker    Colorado St.   219

Not Mock Drafted

Isaac Rex    BYU    

Brevyn Spann-Ford    Minnesota   

Austin Stogner   Oklahoma   

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Good looking list SIP.

For whatever it means, here is where TE's were picked in the ES Mock Draft

Brock Bowers    Georgia   12
Ja'Tavion Sanders    Texas    57

Theo Johnson    Penn State    94

Ben Sinnott    Kansas State     97
Cade Stover    Ohio State    101
Jared Wiley    TCU    102
Erick All   Iowa   110

Tanner McLachlan   Arizona    111

AJ Barner    Michigan   157

Jaheim Bell    Florida State    192
Tip Reiman    Illinois    196

Dallin Holker    Colorado St.   219

Not Mock Drafted

Isaac Rex    BYU    

Brevyn Spann-Ford    Minnesota   

Austin Stogner   Oklahoma   

Thanks, am the one who took McLachlan.  I missed that Bell was falling that far if i caught it I might have taken him before 192.

I like Sanders better than some do here.  But I wanted a better combine from him -- 4.7 speed, and he benched almost nothing so it makes me wonder about his athleticism.   He and Bell have sort of the same superpower YAC, Sanders with the better hands but it wouldn't shock me if Bell ends up better.  Wouldn't shock me if one of the two emerges and the other is just a guy or both bust, hard call.

I was early on Wiley back when he was more obscure, now he gets more attention but I tend to be partial to players I like early on.  Downside to him late bloomer, below average blocker but good hands and for a dude that size he can run.  I liked him before I knew he ran a 4.6, now am even more sold.  

Sinnott is the typical TE i like -- used everywhere, can block, can catch, good athlete.  I don't love his seperation skills though so i think his ceiling might be limited.

Stover, jack of all trades master of none, high floor, solid.

McClachlan I watched more of for the board's draft and he grew on me the more I watched.   He hits me as sort of a Cooley lite.   Sort of in that Stover made, jack of all trades, master of none but I think he has a good floor, solid #2 type TE in the NFL.

Theo Johnson, I want to love, I don't hate but he doesn't jump at me when I watch him.  i get bored watching him.  He's one of those players that i have a hard time figuring out good or bad.

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 3.51.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 3.53.02 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks, am the one who took McLachlan.  I missed that Bell was falling that far if i caught it I might have taken him before 192.

I like Sanders better than some do here.  But I wanted a better combine from him -- 4.7 speed, and he benched almost nothing so it makes me wonder about his athleticism.   He and Bell have sort of the same superpower YAC, Sanders with the better hands but it wouldn't shock me if Bell ends up better.  Wouldn't shock me if one of the two emerges and the other is just a guy or both bust, hard call.

I was early on Wiley back when he was more obscure, now he gets more attention but I tend to be partial to players I like early on.  Downside to him late bloomer, below average blocker but good hands and for a dude that size he can run.  I liked him before I knew he ran a 4.6, now am even more sold.  

Sinnott is the typical TE i like -- used everywhere, can block, can catch, good athlete.  I don't love his seperation skills though so i think his ceiling might be limited.

McClachlan I watched more of for the board's draft and he grew on me the more I watched.   He hits me as sort of a Cooley lite.   Sort of in that Stover made, jack of all trades, master of none but I think he has a good floor, solid #2 type TE in the NFL.

Theo Johnson, I want to love, I don't hate but he doesn't jump at me when I watch him.  i get bored watching him.  He's one of those players that i have a hard time figuring out good or bad.

The one that fell through the floor for me was Holker.  I was a BIG advocate for him and had several posts about him (with links, etc) before the Shrine Bowl.  But after seeing him in the Shrine Bowl and his combine performance, some red flags went up.  I went back and rewatched some of his video and I now think he benefited from a very good offensive scheme that got him the ball.  I still think he has really good hands, but where he was picked in the mock draft seems about right (if a team really has to pick a TE.)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Rook said:

The one that fell through the floor for me was Holker.  I was a BIG advocate for him and had several posts about him (with links, etc) before the Shrine Bowl.  But after seeing him in the Shrine Bowl and his combine performance, some red flags went up.  I went back and rewatched some of his video and I now think he benefited from a very good offensive scheme that got him the ball.  I still think he has really good hands, but where he was picked in the mock draft seems about right (if a team really has to pick a TE.)

I watched him while ago, talked about him here, struck me as a poor man's Stover.  And its not that I think Stover is a world beater.  But who knows, will see.

Watched some more Blake Fisher, he might be the better candidate than Rosengarten to convert to LT, for starters he looks stronger and has more length.

Rosengarten with better feet-athleticism.  Fisher has more of a mean streak and people mover in the run game.   Has work to do in pass protect -- decent at mirroring and anchoring IMO but counters from some pass rushers can give him issues from my watches

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watched some more Blake Fisher, he might be the better candidate than Rosengarten to convert to LT, for starters he looks stronger and has more length.

Rosengarten with better feet-athleticism.  Fisher has more of a mean streak and people mover in the run game.   Has work to do in pass protect -- decent at mirroring and anchoring IMO but counters from some pass rushers can give him issues from my watches

That would be a steal for us to take a guy that late and have him become a starting-quality LT

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

thanks for that SIP! Third round looks like the sweet spot to pick up a TE. I hope Peters grabs one of these guys there. I like Wiley who I took in the mock as a weapon in the pass game. At 6-7 could be great in the red zone. But if he’s that bad as a blocker, I think I’d rather see Sinnot. I’ve been a fan of Theo J as well, so sad to see that you’re not very impressed with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

thanks for that SIP! Third round looks like the sweet spot to pick up a TE. I hope Peters grabs one of these guys there. I like Wiley who I took in the mock as a weapon in the pass game. At 6-7 could be great in the red zone. But if he’s that bad as a blocker, I think I’d rather see Sinnot. I’ve been a fan of Theo J as well, so sad to see that you’re not very impressed with him.

lol, I am not really up or down on Theo Johnson.  Over the years, some (not most) players just confuse me enough where I have a hard time forming an opinion so instead of forcing it this year, I decided to just give up and decide I can't land on a take.  So I take a neutral position.

For WR I got a bunch of them that fit that this year.  The two Wrs from Florida State.  Troy Franklin.   A. Mitchell. 

• Like 1

I was early on the Ja'Lynn Polk train, then dropped off some after his 4.53 at the combine.

I just rewatched him some.  Back on the train.  His play speed looks plenty good enough.   His ability to track the ball, make contested catches, block in the running gamme, seperate -- he's a complete WR.   High floor IMO.  If he's there in the early third I'd take him depending on who else is there.  In that range, I think Burton is more explosive but his personality makes him a wildcard so i think I'd go Polk over him.

Still on the McConkey, Pearsall, R Wilson (late 2nd) train in the 2nd.  Legette my wildcard in that mix.

But in the third I think its Polk for me assuming he's there. 

https://uwhuskieswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/08/washington-huskies-jalynn-polk-nfl-draft/

At the end of every practice, while coaches and players were giving interviews, Polk was always the last person on the field, spending an extra 15-20 minutes with the JUGS machine working on his hands, which showed up in big moments for the Huskies and should continue in the NFL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was early on the Ja'Lynn Polk train, then dropped off some after his 4.53 at the combine.

I just rewatched him some.  Back on the train.  His play speed looks plenty good enough.   His ability to track the ball, make contested catches, block in the running gamme, seperate -- he's a complete WR.   High floor IMO.  If he's there in the early third I'd take him depending on who else is there.  In that range, I think Burton is more explosive but his personality makes him a wildcard so i think I'd go Polk over him.

Still on the McConkey, Pearsall, R Wilson (late 2nd) train in the 2nd.  Legette my wildcard in that mix.

But in the third I think its Polk for me assuming he's there. 

https://uwhuskieswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/08/washington-huskies-jalynn-polk-nfl-draft/

At the end of every practice, while coaches and players were giving interviews, Polk was always the last person on the field, spending an extra 15-20 minutes with the JUGS machine working on his hands, which showed up in big moments for the Huskies and should continue in the NFL.

Pearsall in the 3rd if they go high on WR and Tahj Washington in the 6th, ( I think Peters trades down and gets a 6th) if they are looking for WR late in the draft. 

Just now, RWJ said:

Pearsall in the 3rd if they go high on WR and Tahj Washington in the 6th, ( I think Peters trades down and gets a 6th) if they are looking for WR late in the draft. 

Pearsall I mentioned in the 2nd, he might last to the third but I suspect late 2nd.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I go back and forth on Bell but definitely worth a roll of the dice after the third round

Upside in that 2nd tier pass rusher group, Kneeland is appealing. A bit raw but his size-traits super intriguing. Had a sick shuttle time considering his weight.

• Thanks 2