Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 hour ago, Bifflog said:

I love it in theory but what do you do if all of the tackles through Morgan/Suamataia are gone by 36?

You grab the 1st-round talent WR or EDGE that should have gone ahead of those guys and get Paul or the Yale tackle at 40 and/or 67.  That would be a great outcome, IMO.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I know we’ve talked about Cooper Beebe as a OG option, not sure if we have talked about Cohen. 

He is Emory Hunt’s top rated OG.

IMG_0780.png

I'm a fan.  Even drafted him at #55 (for Miami) in our mock draft.

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I'm a fan.  Even drafted him at #55 (for Miami) in our mock draft.

That seems pretty early for Cohen, IMO.  I was thinking maybe round 5 for him.

No knock-on Peters but we used to be ILB starved or just LB starved and now we don't have a starting OT on this team, LT or RT.  Peters I have to guess it going to know it out of the part after the first pick in the draft with our bookends.  I would certainly hope so.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

No knock-on Peters but we used to be ILB starved or just LB starved and now we don't have a starting OT on this team, LT or RT.  Peters I have to guess it going to know it out of the part after the first pick in the draft with our bookends.  I would certainly hope so.  

We'll draft one at least. Possibly two. Very deep OT draft.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

Emory rates Daniels’ arm strength and velocity as better than Mayes? That’s a joke. It invalidates his entire QB breakdown. It’s almost like an ES LSU alum poster’s take. 

Yeah I paid no attention to it after seeing that graphic. 

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We'll draft one at least. Possibly two. Very deep OT draft.

Loud Useless Windbag last night was saying wide receiver was a bigger need and the 36th pick should only be used on a receiver.

I hate our media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Loud Useless Windbag last night was saying wide receiver was a bigger need and the 36th pick should only be used on a receiver.

I hate our media.

It would probably be a shame to come out of our first 3 picks without one considering the value in this draft at the position?  QB > OT > WR for the first 3 picks with a good prospect at each slot would be prettttty great...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bifflog said:

It would probably be a shame to come out of our first 3 picks without one considering the value in this draft at the position?  QB > OT > WR for the first 3 picks with a good prospect at each slot would be prettttty great...

Yeah I think WR is an absolute must in round 2. There's gonna be really good value and we didn't do much to address the position in FA besides a couple ST signings.

I can't decide who my WR crush in round 2 is. I flip between McConkey and Corley but there's still part of me that is intrigued by Coleman.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I think WR is an absolute must in round 2. There's gonna be really good value and we didn't do much to address the position in FA besides a couple ST signings.

I can't decide who my WR crush in round 2 is. I flip between McConkey and Corley but there's still part of me that is intrigued by Coleman.

Personally, I’d add guys like Pearsall, Legette, Franklin, Roman Wilson, Polk, Burton and Thrash (and probably others I’m forgetting) to your group.  Which likely means one or more fall to the 3rd.  In other words, I’m not opposed to nabbing one in round 2, but I’m ok waiting too.  

Two things jump to mind when looking at this receiving group - 1) we have 3 guys that can play in the slot, so my temptation is to focus on an outside receiver.  

Number 2 is a bit more complicated… last year Terry and Dotson got dinged heavily in terms of separation.  Not sure how much is their fault vs scheme, qbing, play calling, etc.  I believe Dotson’s short area quickness testing wasn’t great relative to his speed/route running.  Worth considering that I think both of them are better at the intermediate routes than short routes - the longer ones take advantage of their route running IMO.  This year we’re replicating some of the same issues - concerns about pass pro (from our tackles) forcing more quick throws, having an inexperienced qb in the backfield, and implementing a new scheme.  Long story short, I’m uncertain whether to focus more on which of these draftees can win/separate quickly.  

Both of those factors narrow the field in terms of fit, which could alter how comfortable the FO would be waiting on addressing receiver.

The ES Mock highlights the potential if we trade down in the 2nd.  With the obvious caveat that the draft won’t shake out like the mock, trading down 5-15 spots from 40 (let alone 36) still leaves some/most of the next tier of tackles on the board, DEs Kneeland, Trice, Braswell, and Isaac, wrs Pearsall, Franklin, Worthy, Coleman, Corley, etc, some of the top safeties, some quality corners, etc.  No guarantees we can find a trade partner of course, but I imagine having the two 2nd rounders increases our chances of finding one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Personally, I’d add guys like Pearsall, Legette, Franklin, Roman Wilson, Polk, Burton and Thrash (and probably others I’m forgetting) to your group.  Which likely means one or more fall to the 3rd.  In other words, I’m not opposed to nabbing one in round 2, but I’m ok waiting too.  

Two things jump to mind when looking at this receiving group - 1) we have 3 guys that can play in the slot, so my temptation is to focus on an outside receiver.  

Number 2 is a bit more complicated… last year Terry and Dotson got dinged heavily in terms of separation.  Not sure how much is their fault vs scheme, qbing, play calling, etc.  I believe Dotson’s short area quickness testing wasn’t great relative to his speed/route running.  Worth considering that I think both of them are better at the intermediate routes than short routes - the longer ones take advantage of their route running IMO.  This year we’re replicating some of the same issues - concerns about pass pro (from our tackles) forcing more quick throws, having an inexperienced qb in the backfield, and implementing a new scheme.  Long story short, I’m uncertain whether to focus more on which of these draftees can win/separate quickly.  

Both of those factors narrow the field in terms of fit, which could alter how comfortable the FO would be waiting on addressing receiver.

The ES Mock highlights the potential if we trade down in the 2nd.  With the obvious caveat that the draft won’t shake out like the mock, trading down 5-15 spots from 40 (let alone 36) still leaves some/most of the next tier of tackles on the board, DEs Kneeland, Trice, Braswell, and Isaac, wrs Pearsall, Franklin, Worthy, Coleman, Corley, etc, some of the top safeties, some quality corners, etc.  No guarantees we can find a trade partner of course, but I imagine having the two 2nd rounders increases our chances of finding one.

I was really tempted to take Pearsall in the ES Mock draft but went with D. Robinson instead.  I do think the depth at WR will have a faller to the third.

Everything being equal, my favorite IMO high floor receivers are in the 2nd-3rd round range:  McConkey, Pearsal, Wilson, Burton.

My pause on Burton is potential character issues.  I liked Polk a lot until his 4.52 combine 40 time but I am still intrigued.

I like Legette albiet some boom-bust with him, ditto Franklin.

In the 4th round range.  Thrash is intriguing too. Malik Washington.  Baker maybe but has some boom bust to him IMO

Super deep draft at WR.  But I'd be especially stoked in the 2nd-3rd for Legette, McConkey, Pearsall.  Runners up Wilson, Burton, Thrash

• Like 1

Yeah there is so much depth at WR. Probably can get a good one in round 3 as well. But I've targeted round 3 for CBs. That's gonna be the sweet spot for a top notch slot/nickel CB. And I wouldn't mind doubling down on OT again in round 3 as well(assuming we take one in round 2).

40 minutes ago, illone said:

This seems like a "Adam Peters" type guy

I've always liked Davis and consider him a violent and strong runner but I like the guy from New Hampshire.  If we drafted Davis, I'd be happy!  :) 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah there is so much depth at WR. Probably can get a good one in round 3 as well. But I've targeted round 3 for CBs. That's gonna be the sweet spot for a top notch slot/nickel CB. And I wouldn't mind doubling down on OT again in round 3 as well(assuming we take one in round 2).

I’ve been operating under the assumption Martin would be our slot corner (which may be incorrect), and of course St Juste can move inside as well.  So I’ve been leaning boundary corner over wr in the 2nd.  But again, I could be way off base.

I’d be down with doubling up on OT in the 3rd (assuming we take one in rd 2).  Would love to land Sinnot or Stover there as well - let them learn under Ertz for a year.

29 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I've always liked Davis and consider him a violent and strong runner but I like the guy from New Hampshire.  If we drafted Davis, I'd be happy!  :) 

This guy? 

Jeah, I'd be good with him too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, illone said:

This seems like a "Adam Peters" type guy

This is a good video to also watch the two oline men - McCormick and Greenfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illone said:

This guy? 

Jeah, I'd be good with him too.

He reminds me a little bit of Darren Lee Sproles.  Can you see it?  Maybe it's just me.  LOL

On 4/1/2024 at 4:55 PM, Number 44 said:

That seems pretty early for Cohen, IMO.  I was thinking maybe round 5 for him.

My fault, I was talking about Beebe.

9 hours ago, Bifflog said:

I am fine not getting a WR until the 3rd. We have a gaping hole at LT right now. I am still convinced that 40 and 78 are going to end up vaulting us back into the 1st for an OT. If we got Keon Coleman or Xavier Leggette in the top of the 3rd, I'd be very happy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don’t think Chop falls and I don’t think we move up for him. But, he’s exactly the kind of edge rusher that we don’t have amongst our guys. The quick twitch, burst around the corner guy.