Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Would rather take Blake Fisher at the top of the 3rd round.

I would rather take Rosengarten over both of them. He is a day one player. And a good one at that imo. I think we go with 2 tackles in the first three rounds. Maybe Suamataiea and Rosengarten. Or something similar. I know Kdawg is pounding the table for Beebe. And I actually wouldnt hate that. But I prefer Barton more if he falls because he gives you position flexibility. And we just signed a guard in FA. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I would rather take Rosengarten over both of them. He is a day one player. And a good one at that imo. I think we go with 2 tackles in the first three rounds. Maybe Suamataiea and Rosengarten. Or something similar. I know Kdawg is pounding the table for Beebe. And I actually wouldnt hate that. But I prefer Barton more if he falls because he gives you position flexibility. And we just signed a guard in FA. 

Agree on Rosengarten. I’ve got him just after Paul as day 2 preferences.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

If he's there I'll be a bit surprised. I once thought Blake was being overrated 4 or 5 months ago, but now have done a complete 180. I now think Blake is going to be a great value pick for someone. I do think I would opt for Blake over Morgan. Kiran & Suamataia perhaps even Paul. I see strength issues with several of these guys. Blake is not getting the attention I think he deserves - just repeating what I said several weeks ago. 

I'm with you. I think Blake Fisher goes in the 2nd round and not the 3rd.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I'm with you. I think Blake Fisher goes in the 2nd round and not the 3rd.

He just screams 2nd round value to me. I've also read pretty recently that analysts - some anyway actually think he is the more athletic of the 2 OT's between he and Alt.

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Rosengarten in the 1st round? Wow. I kind of want to move him to Guard instead of OT, but I do like him.

I'm not seeing it with Suamataiea. I think he's nowhere near ready to play in the NFL. I know we need a developmental OT, but I'm not sure what he shows on tape is going to be that easy to fix.

20 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Agree on Rosengarten. I’ve got him just after Paul as day 2 preferences.

For clarification, CLSkins is saying he's a 1st rounder. Are you also think Rosengarten is a 1st rounder and if he falls to #36 or #40 you'd take him (unless Paul is also there?)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chump Bailey said:

He just screams 2nd round value to me. I've also read pretty recently that analysts - some anyway actually think he is the more athletic of the 2 OT's between he and Alt.

I don't think he's more athletic than Alt. Alt has really light feet, and that's the major reason (in my mind) why he's getting drafted in the Top 15 picks. If Fisher was actually at Alt's athleticism, we'd draft him at #36 and not think twice.

16 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

For clarification, CLSkins is saying he's a 1st rounder. Are you also think Rosengarten is a 1st rounder and if he falls to #36 or #40 you'd take him (unless Paul is also there?)

No I don’t, must have misread that. Day 2, later second/early third round.

13 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I don't think he's more athletic than Alt. Alt has really light feet, and that's the major reason (in my mind) why he's getting drafted in the Top 15 picks. If Fisher was actually at Alt's athleticism, we'd draft him at #36 and not think twice.

Me either, but it's not that wide a gulf for me personally. 

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Mike Florio editorializes pretty hard against the draft because he's a ****ing idiot.  The draft is one of the fundamental pillars of the NFL's success.

European soccer league structure flat out blows.  The reason the NFL crushes every other major revenue sports league on the planet is because of parity.  32 robust teams where the fan bases are kept alive by the understanding that they are never more than two or three years of good building away from competing for a championship.  There is nothing else like it, and the draft coupled with the hard salary cap and revenue sharing are what make it possible.

The draft in and of itself is one of the most interesting parts of the NFL's show, and that's only the case because it is so consequential.  It is tremendously valuable to the health of the NFL, and players have always had to live with it to be part of the true Big Show in sports.

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Mike Florio editorializes pretty hard against the draft because he's a ****ing idiot.  The draft is one of the fundamental pillars of the NFL's success.

European soccer league structure flat out blows.  The reason the NFL crushes every other major revenue sports league on the planet is because of parity.  32 robust teams where the fan bases are kept alive by the understanding that they are never more than two or three years of good building away from competing for a championship.  There is nothing else like it, and the draft coupled with the hard salary cap and revenue sharing are what make it possible.

The draft in and of itself is one of the most interesting parts of the NFL's show, and that's only the case because it is so consequential.  It is tremendously valuable to the health of the NFL, and players have always had to live with it to be part of the true Big Show in sports.

When you think about it the draft getting so much hype and attention is kinda absurd. Its literally a player selection meeting as Chris Berman used to always say, but it regularly gets higher ratings than NHL and NBA playoffs.

So here is how I see the positional breakdown in round 1:

QB: 4

WR: 7

OL: 10(combining OT with G and C since so many guys are position flex)

TE: 1

Edge: 3

DT: 2

CB: 5

I'm fairly confident in all of these except WR and OL. Think there is some questions there at the bottom tier(i.e. someone like Jordan Morgan, could be end of 1st or could slide to 2nd, but there could also be MORE than 10 OL drafted if a run occurs in the mid to late 20s). WR as well, with guys like McConkey and Worthy who may be late 1st or early 2nd types.

There MIGHT be a fourth Edge taken if someone late reaches on someone like Chop or Darius Robinson.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

So here is how I see the positional breakdown in round 1:

QB: 4

WR: 7

OL: 10(combining OT with G and C since so many guys are position flex)

TE: 1

Edge: 3

DT: 2

CB: 5

I'm fairly confident in all of these except WR and OL. Think there is some questions there at the bottom tier(i.e. someone like Jordan Morgan, could be end of 1st or could slide to 2nd, but there could also be MORE than 10 OL drafted if a run occurs in the mid to late 20s). WR as well, with guys like McConkey and Worthy who may be late 1st or early 2nd types.

There MIGHT be a fourth Edge taken if someone late reaches on someone like Chop or Darius Robinson.

Who are your 7 receivers?

3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Who are your 7 receivers?

Top 10:

Harrison jr

Nabors

Odunze

11-20 ish:

Thomas jr

21-32 ish:

Worthy

Mitchell

McConkey

Franklin

(3 of the 4 1st round)

I'm not sure about the bottom 4. I think 3 of the 4 will end up being in the 1st and one will fall to early 2nd(would love if McConkey fell to 36).

Edited by Warhead36
  • Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Top 10:

Harrison jr

Nabors

Odunze

11-20 ish:

Thomas jr

21-32 ish:

Worthy

Mitchell

McConkey

Franklin

(3 of the 4 1st round)

I'm not sure about the bottom 4. I think 3 of the 4 will end up being in the 1st and one will fall to early 2nd(would love if McConkey fell to 36).

That's a lot, but not unreasonable. Paints a bleak picture for early 2nd round for us, as WR is in a really big weak spot for a Klif Kingsbury offense.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Mind blowing, actually.

Unfortunately, for the Sanders clan, we won't be in the market for a qb next year.

To be honest if Shadeur Sanders follows through on his father's threat it will be a distasteful side show, more consistent with the escapades of our former, rather than current, regime.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

When you think about it the draft getting so much hype and attention is kinda absurd. Its literally a player selection meeting as Chris Berman used to always say, but it regularly gets higher ratings than NHL and NBA playoffs.

Morgan Freeman Hope GIF - Morgan Freeman Hope Shawshank Redemption -  Discover & Share GIFs

Or drive ratings.

• Like 1

Very early rudimentary mock draft including trades which I'm sure will be like maybe 2% accurate lolol

1. Chicago-Caleb Williams

2. Washington-Drake Maye

3. New England-Jayden Daniels

4. Arizona-Marvin Harrison jr

5. Minnesota(from LA Chargers)-JJ McCarthy

6. NY Giants-Malik Nabors

7. Tennessee-Joe Alt

8. Atlanta-Dallas Turner

9. Chicago-Rome Odunze

10. NY Jets-Taliese Fuaga

11. LA Chargers(from Minnesota)-Brock Bowers

12. Denver-Jared Verse

13. Las Vegas-Quinyon Mitchell

14. New Orleans-Ola Fashanu

15. Indianapolis-Kool Aid McKinstry

16. Seattle-Troy Fautanu

17. Jacksonville-Jackson Powers Johnson

18. Cincinatti-JC Latham

19. LA Chargers(from LA Rams)-Brian Thomas jr

20. Pittsburgh-Troy Franklin

21. Miami-Laiatu Latu

22. Philadelphia-Nate Wiggins

23. LA Rams(from LA Chargers via Minnesota)-Jer'zhan Newton

24. Dallas-Graham Barton

25. Green Bay-Byron Murphy

26. Kansas City(from Tampa Bay)-Xavier Worthy

27. Arizona-Terrion Arnold

28. Buffalo-Ladd McConkey

29. Washington(from Detroit)-Tyler Guyton

30. Baltimore-AD Mitchell

31. San Francisco-Amarius Mims

32. Tampa Bay(from Kansas City)-Cooper Dejean

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Troy Franklin

I like Troy, just would've preferred a move up a bit earlier for a goodness to gracious legit starting OT, but overall fine draft.

Not going to quibble over Maye at 2, as I personally  prefer Jayden, but only by a slight margin, I would defunitely be happy adding either player, in the long run.

Very nice work.

• Like 1