Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I think if you are going to trade up from 36 you might as well commit to go all in and get to a pick in the 15-20 range. 

Going from 36 to 29 is a waste of a third rounder IMO

Ehhh depends.

If you think the dude you want won't make it past 30, then there's value.  But I'm guessing the guy we want at 36 but who probably gets picked at 30 also isn't worth 15-20.

Plus there's gonna be really really solid value at 40.  Starter value at a number of spots.

36+100, if you can swing it, is perfect because it sounds like there's a bit of a drop off in talent around pick 90.

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Ehhh depends.

If you think the dude you want won't make it past 30, then there's value.  But I'm guessing the guy we want at 36 but who probably gets picked at 30 also isn't worth 15-20.

Plus there's gonna be really really solid value at 40.  Starter value at a number of spots.

36+100, if you can swing it, is perfect because it sounds like there's a bit of a drop off in talent around pick 90.

You only trade up from 36 for a starting LT. Work it out from there IMO.

Kool Aid just ran a 4.47 at his pro day. Probably kills my dreams of him making it to one of our 2nd rounders. Hopefully one of Kool Aid or Rakestraw make there.

Edited by clskinsfan

Harrison ducking his pro day. 

No workouts, agility scores, interviews, or 40 yard dash times. For most players this would mean a huge plummet down the draft board.

But given his pedigree does it even matter?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

You only trade up from 36 for a starting LT. Work it out from there IMO.

Day 1 starter?  I think those are gone before 15.

Future starter with a little experience?  Maybe you get someone in the 15-20 range.

But my thought is they really like Morgan according to a number of accounts and that if he's there at 36 barring something wacky he's the guy.  But of there's a thought he's gone before then, the 36+100 might be the play to go up and get him.

17 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Harrison ducking his pro day. 

No workouts, agility scores, interviews, or 40 yard dash times. For most players this would mean a huge plummet down the draft board.

But given his pedigree does it even matter?

My guess is, Harrison's gotten guarantees from Cardinals and/or Chargers, knows he won't go in top 3 b/c of QBs, and took advice of agent/etc to skip pro day to further reduce risk of injury.

10 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Day 1 starter?  I think those are gone before 15.

Future starter with a little experience?  Maybe you get someone in the 15-20 range.

But my thought is they really like Morgan according to a number of accounts and that if he's there at 36 barring something wacky he's the guy.  But of there's a thought he's gone before then, the 36+100 might be the play to go up and get him.

Who you got starting LT this year then ?

28 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Who you got starting LT this year then ?

I mean, none of the options left are gonna be that amazing.  Just a reality of the situation.

Barring someone falling big time, we're gonna have either Lucas, some other non-ideal vet, or a developmental rookie there.

So I guess if reports are right we're high on Morgan he's probably the favorite at the moment.

Kool-Aid McKinstry.  I'd take him in a heartbeat in the 2nd if he falls.

Watched 2 games.  In them, they kept him on the right side (the Qb's left) -- mostly against the X WR.  Mostly zone, a little bit of man. 

Really looks the part.  Good length.  Can sink his hips well, looks twitchy.  Only downside was no picks this season.  He had a pick a season the previous 2.

The LSU game was especially impressive.  Daniels was clearly favoring his right side and avoiding Kool-Aid for the most part.  Kool-Aid though held up well when tested.  Matched up mostly to Thomas and trailed him almost perfectly including on some crossers.  

Looks like a smart player with good recognition skills, not easily fooled.  Mirrors well.  Can be a bit handsy but most college corners are.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Whether we choose to trade back in from #36 or not, at the very least we'll be entertained on draft night. Whether we know who #2 will be or not (we did in 2012 and it took quite a bit of air out of the anticipation but whatever) ... knowing we could trade back into R1 from R2 makes keeping the draft on til the end of Night 1.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Boom-bust player to me but considering the Dolphins obsession with speed -- no shocker McDaniel with you had me at Hello look

Didn’t we make some Quinn/Texas connections….

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Saying you want to move up now nine spots at this point, with no idea of who's available is adorable.

To clarify, I think we're all talking about draft day trades.

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Didn’t we make some Quinn/Texas connections….

We did.  Doesn't mean of course he takes Texans players but he should have a good window about them.

Which is good considering IMO A. Mitchell, Worthy and J. Sanders all have some boom-bust to them.  So having more insight should help/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Boom-bust player to me but considering the Dolphins obsession with speed -- no shocker McDaniel with you had me at Hello look

Makes perfect sense. That's why McDaniel targeted  De'Von Achane last year. 

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Makes perfect sense. That's why McDaniel targeted  De'Von Achane last year. 

I loved Achane, took him ironically for the Dolphins in the board's mock draft.

Worthy and A. Mitchell are tough ones for me to assess.  I do agree that they have freakish speed and in turn high upside.  Adonai makes some acrobatic catches and has some good seperation skills.  But he's not that hot as to contested catches, meh as to YAC and disappears for stretches in some games I watched.

Xavier is fast and its fun to watch him with the ball in space.  But I didn't see much of him as a deep threat (some but not much) and he had some drops and he plays to his size as to his physicality meaning h's not physical.  But his ability to return kicks adds his appeal to me.

J. Sanders is probably my TE #2 but I waffle on it.  My favorite YAC TE in this group aside from Bowers. Yet his combine-pro day concern me.  8 bench pressses? 30 vertical.  9.6 broad.  All meh. And 4.69 speed is OK but I'd feel better if it was 4.6

I got to do a deeper dive again on the TEs and sort through:  Stover, Sinnot, Sanders.  And also Theo Johnson and Wiley.  Wiley has been sort of my third tier favorite for months and that's soild with me.  As for the others I have to rewatch them again.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

If he falls into the 20s I'd consider tradng up.   Yes, he's a bit of a project.  But not as much of a project IMO as Guyton, Paul, Kiran, Kingsley.

His abilty to bend at his size -- speed-agility is freakish.

But watching his interviews was the kicker for me.  Articulate -- comes off like a super good dude.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Kool Aid just ran a 4.47 at his pro day. Probably kills my dreams of him making it to one of our 2nd rounders. Hopefully one of Kool Aid or Rakestraw make there.

I thought this was a joke. I didn't know a kid at Bama had that nick-name.

• Haha 1