Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Payton Wilson didn't seem like a hard evaluation but i got less respect for Zierlien after watching his interview with Hoffman.  Hoffman goes to him any concerns about the lack of 2nd level throws with Daniels?  Zierlien was so wrapped in touting Daniels and trashing Drake in that segment that he missed that Hoffman was talking abut Daniels on that point so Zierlien goes yeah Drake doesn't show he can make 2nd level throws where for Daniels its absolutely no problem. 😎

lol, I dont care if some like one player over the other but get your facts straight as to what's what as to these players strengths and weaknesses.

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not shocked and shocked at the same time. He backed out of the shrine game last minute and was off, but he was better the bigger the game. 

I don't know if you caught the segment about Edgerrin being a mega dog lover, owns multiple pups.  I recall you are a big dog guy, too.  Enough reason to draft the dude. 😎

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Payton Wilson didn't seem like a hard evaluation but i got less respect for Zierlien after watching his interview with Hoffman.  Hoffman goes to him any concerns about the lack of 2nd level throws with Daniels?  Zierlien was so wrapped in touting Daniels and trashing Drake in that segment that he missed that Hoffman was talking abut Daniels on that point so Zierlien goes yeah Drake doesn't show he can make 2nd level throws where for Daniels its absolutely no problem. 😎

lol, I dont care if some like one player over the other but get your facts straight as to what's what as to these players strengths and weaknesses.

I don't know if you caught the segment about Edgerrin being a mega dog lover, owns multiple pups.  I recall you are a big dog guy, too.  Enough reason to draft the dude. 😎

Yeah, I saw that ols I'm all in on the top 3 LBers. Coop, Wilson, Gray.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Speaking of the connection between Maye and Wilson, Zierlein's comment also reveals he did not watch the full UNC NC State game. I'm going to post something about that game, because it's getting lumped in by a lot of bad analysts as a bad Drake Maye game and it's not. It's actually a pretty amazing game where you have an ascendent state team and a floundering tar heels team, but Wilson and Maye are clearly the two best players on the field. Anyone saying that was a bad game by Maye is going only by the stats and not watching it. Wilson was a man among boys playing in his last home game and elevated the whole state defense to the point they were playing out of their minds. He was everywhere, including sandwiching Maye on a scramble and causing a fumble early in the game. Meanwhile the entire UNC team crumbled and did not want to be there, except for Maye. Both his interceptions bounced off his own players' hands, including one that caromed to Wilson. Tez Walker not only dropped several other passes but also managed to catch a beautiful long pass from Maye, fumble at the goal line and then recover it in the end zone, which was fine for his team but took a TD away from his QB. McCollum and Jones were hurt. Nesbit drops several catches. The center repeatedly hikes the ball too early, and the entire team is entirely unable to keep their footing the whole game. Maye is pressured on every single drop back. And the UNC defense fails to stop a pedestrian state offense at all. I think State scored on its first seven possessions. It's a great game to watch, a hell of a performance by Wilson and actually a pretty damn heroic solo effort by Maye.

Edited by Rolo Tomasie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Was watching Texas tape last night. The more I watch AD Mitchell the more I like the guy. He looks so much like CeeDee. Smooth as butter with just the perfect amount of wiggle in his routes. The guy only had one drop all season. Only one year of production. But man what a year it was,

Cooper Bebe stood out to me against Texas as well.

I'm not a mitchell fan but in most of the drafts by the time I come back to WR he's gone.

Bebe could be good but I also like:

Cade Stover TE Ohio State
Jaheim Bell TE Ohio State
THeo Johnson TE PennState

Erick All the TE for Iowa keeps falling like a rock, he at one point was the highest TE after Bowers and the fellow from texas.

19 hours ago, PlayAction said:

If the Commanders take a QB with the #2 pick, as we all assume, then the real meat of the draft for this team begins at the top of the second round.  Either the #36 or #40 pick theoretically could be traded for a lower mid second round pick + a third or fourth round pick. Talent evaluation is key + probability analysis of the board.  2 prime second round picks, OR 1 prime second, 1 mid round second, 1 lower/mid 3rd or high 4th round pick, OR 2 mid round seconds, 1 lower/mid 3rd, 1 high 4th round pick.  There will be a lot of angst with any trade down.  Giving up the known for a possibility is a tough choice.  I'm inclined to roll the dice on trading one of the second-round picks but not both.  The what-ifs will haunt us forever if the current scouting group isn't up the task.     

I feel that trade down scenario strongly especially given the amount of talent in the 2nd Round.

Some guys from day 1 that have had my eye for a while:
Payton Wilson LB NC State 4.43 
Chop Robinson Edge Penn State 4.48
Edgerrin Cooper LB TX A&M 4.51
Jared Verse Edge FSU 4.58
Bralen Trice Edge Washington 4.72
Cedrig Gray LB UNC 4.64

On 2/14/2024 at 10:20 AM, Est.1974 said:

DL

Jonah Elliss

Cedric Johnson

Javon Solomon

I really like the odds of getting a very solid edge in rounds 3-5. Cedric Johnson has come up on the rails for me. 

The other Cedric, Gray, looks a standout at LB. Never even bothered looking at DT.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I'm not a mitchell fan but in most of the drafts by the time I come back to WR he's gone.

Bebe could be good but I also like:

Cade Stover TE Ohio State
Jaheim Bell TE Ohio State
THeo Johnson TE PennState

Bell, Florida State, fascinated to see what they run.  Sinnott, Wiley, and Sanders, too.

I suspect for Sinnott in particular it makes or breaks him -- 3rd-4th rounder or 6th rounder?.   For Sanders in a way too as to whether he goes in the 2nd or not

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not shocked and shocked at the same time. He backed out of the shrine game last minute and was off, but he was better the bigger the game. 

Not everyone tests well. I'm still confused on my top 3 LBers.

That's the shock of the day I think.

Yeah Edgerrin Cooper has been my Linebacker Man crush since I started looking ahead to the draft in October.

THere are other studs in this draft that won't guy very high.

My main issue with Cooper is, if we are running a 4-3 is his pass rushing focus going to be wasted.

Wilson or Gray would be great Inside/Middle Linebackers for us I believe.

A lot depends on how they plan to use Jamin Davis

But that speed on Wilson might vault him ahead of Cooper.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 10:20 AM, Est.1974 said:

DB

Kamren Kinchens

Kamari Lassiter

Sione Vaki

James Williams

Khyree Jackson

Todays watch, plus Sinnott as main TE interest.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I suspect for Sinnott in particular it makes or breaks him -- 3rd-4th rounder or 6th rounder?.   For Sanders in a way too as to whether he goes in the 2nd or not

I think it’ll certainly determine his draft status, however I’d love to think he’d be available in the 5/6 round range. He’s just going to churn out yards week after week.

34 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

Speaking of the connection between Maye and Wilson, Zierlein's comment also reveals he did not watch the full UNC NC State game. I'm going to post something about that game, because it's getting lumped in by a lot of bad analysts as a bad Drake Maye game and it's not. It's actually a pretty amazing game where you have an ascendent state team and a floundering tar heels team, but Wilson and Maye are clearly the two best players on the field. Anyone saying that was a bad game by Maye is going only by the stats and not watching it. Wilson was a man among boys playing in his last home game and elevated the whole state defense to the point they were playing out of their minds. He was everywhere, including sandwiching Maye on a scramble and causing a fumble early in the game. Meanwhile the entire UNC team crumbled and did not want to be there, except for Maye. Both his interceptions bounced off his own players' hands, including one that caromed to Wilson. Tez Walker not only dropped several other passes but also managed to catch a beautiful long pass from Maye, fumble at the goal line and then recover it in the end zone, which was fine for his team but took a TD away from his QB. McCollum and Jones were hurt. Nesbit drops several catches. The center repeatedly hikes the ball too early, and the entire team is entirely unable to keep their footing the whole game. Maye is pressured on every single drop back. And the UNC defense fails to stop a pedestrian state offense at all. I think State scored on its first seven possessions. It's a great game to watch, a hell of a performance by Wilson and actually a pretty damn heroic solo effort by Maye.

Yeah I don't see some of the things people are saying, but Walker, is he the WR that was in the Senior Bowl or East West Shrine game? Guy seemed to drop a lot of balls.  That scares me.

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Sinnot, Theo Johnson, maybe Stover depending on when you feel we move to TE.

As far as FS goes Kinchens and Nubin are really neck and neck for me now, but they aren't the same player, Different teams it would not surpris me, if they have them rated and ranked differently.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think it’ll certainly determine his draft status, however I’d love to think he’d be available in the 5/6 round range. He’s just going to churn out yards week after week.

I like Sinnott watching him but sometimes it harkens me back to Harrison Bryant (though the 2 players are different stylistically)among some other TEs I've watched over the years where I liked the player (but didn't love them) and had "meh" combines as to speed-agility.    And for TE's athleticism often matters, not always, but often enough. 

Tough for me to gauge Sinnot's athleticism watching him that's why for him in particular i am fascinated.  I am usually good at guessing WRs and Rbs as to athleticism but am hit and miss at best at TE.  So I tend to be transfixed by the TE portion of the combine.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

We have 2 problems at TE

1. Logan's injury history
2. most of the rest didn't stand out or shine.  But was that because of lack of talent and skill? Or was it because of play calling, bad OL play and Sam?

I dunno, but we need a stud TE and a guy to elevate from the crowd just enough to be the sure #2.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Sinnott watching him but sometimes it harkens me back to Harrison Bryant (though the 2 players are different stylistically)among some other TEs I've watched over the years where I liked the player (but didn't love them) and had "meh" combines as to speed-agility.    And for TE's athleticism often matters, not always, but often enough. 

Tough for me to gauge Sinnot's athleticism watching him that's why for him in particular i am fascinated.  I am usually good at guessing WRs and Rbs as to athleticism but am hit and miss at best at TE.  So I tend to be transfixed by the TE portion of the combine.

Good route runner, good hands, tough, physical. Makes yards. I suspect he could be one that potentially tests ‘average’ but still passes the simple eye test IMO. You have an array of speed and playmakers all over the place, he’s the guy that drifts out and gets you 8 on 3rd and 6 every time.

• Like 2

We need two TEs. Thomas is getting cut and Cole has shown nothing. Bates is a good TE3. 

Sinnott is a fantastic TE2/HB/FB type and just a weapon. It'll be interesting to see how he runs. He's definitely going to be over shadowed by Theo, Cade, Sanders.

I feel like LBer is another spot we need two guys at. There is some skill in FA, but Davis has a shaky future and could miss time. He's also a dolt.

If we could get Gray or Wilson, they're future green dots. Cooper I think can play that Hasaan Riddik OLB/Edge role.

Cowboys ran sort of a 3-3/4-3 hybrid. I can absolutely see getting another Allen type that can play around the line and an edge who isn't always hand on the ground.

Our draft could go a lot of different ways at this point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Good route runner, good hands, tough, physical. Makes yards. I suspect he could be one that potentially tests ‘average’ but still passes the simple eye test IMO. You have an array of speed and playmakers all over the place, he’s the guy that drifts out and gets you 8 on 3rd and 6 every time.

My point is I think he can potentially post below average but will see.  I don't have a strong feel for it with him as to athleticism but he doesn't look fast to me.  Tough for me to gauge whether he's slow though/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My point is I think he can potentially post below average but will see.  I don't have a strong feel for it with him as to athleticism but he doesn't look fast to me.  Tough for me to gauge whether he's slow though/

I think he's going to run around a 4.7 which isn't great. I definitely expect him to drop to day three, which is where I've always had him. 

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think he's going to run around a 4.7 which isn't great. I definitely expect him to drop to day three, which is where I've always had him. 

I think Sinnott is more like Cooley or Travis Kelce at 34. He may not be the fastest but can get open. I would like to finally have a true tight end that can block and catch.

3 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I think Sinnott is more like Cooley or Travis Kelce at 34. He may not be the fastest but can get open. I would like to finally have a true tight end that can block and catch.

Nothing like Kelce at 34, but the Cooley comp is good.

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am pretty sure they kept talking injury for him but he went anyway. He was stumbling all over the place in the drills and had no explosion. 

49 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Is Fiske working his way into the 1rst?

That's what they were saying last night, early second, he really stood out would be a good fit in a 3/4 at end. He is quick for 290lbs not just fast.

• Like 1