Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

13 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Look up Williams stats vs ranked opponents. 6 touchdowns 6 interceptions with 51 percent completion percentage. I am not saying Penix is a great quarterback but with an average running game, he would be different tonight.

He only threw 5 total INTs all year, and he never had a game with less than a 55% completion rate, so…I’m not sure your numbers are quite accurate.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Penix cant miss that throw. But look at the mechanics of it. UGLY.

Both of these QB's have no business being drafted in the first two rounds..

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He only threw 5 total INTs all year, and he never had a game with less than a 55% completion rate, so…I’m not sure your numbers are quite accurate.

I am not even going to waste anymore time on the butthurt "Penix is the best QB in this draft" crew.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Penix seems to have mechanical issues - his footwork is poor (throws with his weight on his back foot when he doesn’t need to way too much) and he doesn’t use his right side in the throw - his right arm is hardly involved in his motion. 

I think that’s part of why he’s inconsistent with his accuracy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Penix is making some good reads...he's just missing.

He also doesn’t appear to move outside the pocket much if at all. Not saying he has to do it every play, but that may help

7 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I'm sorry, JJ has only 6 completions passing and we're about to hit the 4th quarter???

I basically havent agreed with you once since you came here a couple of days ago. But I do here. McCarthy stinks. 

• Haha 4

Just now, MartinC said:

Penix seems to have mechanical issues - his footwork is poor (throws with his weight on his back foot when he doesn’t need to way too much) and he doesn’t use his right side in the throw - his right arm is hardly involved in his motion. 

I think that’s part of why he’s inconsistent with his accuracy. 

His mechanics are always spotty but tonight they’ve been way off. He hasn’t faced this kind of pressure.

His OL has been overrated all year, too. He masked a lot of deficiencies with quick releases all year.

And his receivers look just decent tonight. The whole Washington team is being exposed.

And they’re only down 7.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

throws with his weight on his back foot when he doesn’t need to way too much) and he doesn’t use his right side in the throw

Two right knee reconstructions will do that to you. I will be shocked if he goes top 25. It is such a QB starved league that he might. But I will still be shocked.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I basically havent agreed with you once since you came here a couple of days ago. But I do here. McCarthy stinks. 

He’s a frail kid..he needs to go back to school..If comes out early he will be a bust.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He certainly doesn’t stink. He’s a project, though. Has the moxie factor. He’ll be okay in a back up role with starter potential. But he doesn’t have “it”

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am not even going to waste anymore time on the butthurt "Penix is the best QB in this draft" crew.

Okay should we take a look at 1 game of Mayes where he was bad (he had them) and just throw that in his face as why not to draft him? 

Just now, Skins199021 said:

Okay should we take a look at 1 game of Mayes where he was bad (he had them) and just throw that in his face as why not to draft him? 

I mean.... you could. I wouldnt, but you certainly could.... 😄😂😄

Just now, clskinsfan said:

McCarthys best play there and he drops it. :)

I think you’re exaggerating how bad McCarthy has been. He’s had a few great passes tonight. His receivers have let him down.

Hes not a world beater. I think that’s obvious and goes without saying. 

But some of you guys are acting like he’s the worst QB to ever walk the planet.