Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I love the prospect of a top 10 pick and the ability to go playmaker or OT. 

Get in the top 7 and I think you could get Bowers who is an x factor. Bowers fits the mould of a prototypical modern TE. 

Then follow up with OL and MLB on Day 2. I love the idea of getting the second or third best lineman, but give me a top 2-3 playmaker instead. 

Once they get a GM and HC in place, the focus has to be on the OL.  The first round pick has be a LT which has been lacking since they traded Trent away.  They need protection for Sam badly.  It may be an area where they go with the 1st two picks.  They also need a quality OL coach because Wharton has been abysmal.  After that, focus on getting a MLB which has been glaring  during Rivera's entire tenure

Edited by NoVaSkins21

3 hours ago, Dark Acre said:

The first 5 picks should be day 1 OL starters.  The current OL can compete for the other backup spots.

At least 2 of the first 5 should be OL. Hopefully a great WR is available when Commanders pick. A good TE that can block and catch.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Hypothetical: we pick 8th and Bowers, Alt, and Fashanu are all

off the board. Who do you go with?

I am first seeing if I can trade back 1-2 spots, guaranteeing one of them and a draft haul.

But I’m not sure right now. Bowers is one of those guys that you may look back on and say, “damn, wish we took him.” Or… “damn, this is why you shouldn’t draft TEs so early.”

The OL probably improve the team more. Does total improvement provide more value that a legit top end talent? **** if I know.

If Marvin Harrison made it there (he won’t) I’d have a similar internal debate.

”Hey, take the OL. The pass catchers don’t make a difference if the OL is trash. Just do it. Don’t take the sexy pick. Fix the line you dummy”

”Ya but Harrison and Bowers are legitimately generational type talents, and I hate that phrase. How can you pass on them? Blue chip talent is necessary to win in the League, take the best player!”

”Ya but you know you’re going to regret not fixing the OL come November.”

Just now, KDawg said:

I am first seeing if I can trade back 1-2 spots, guaranteeing one of them and a draft haul.

But I’m not sure right now. Bowers is one of those guys that you may look back on and say, “damn, wish we took him.” Or… “damn, this is why you shouldn’t draft TEs so early.”

The OL probably improve the team more. Does total improvement provide more value that a legit top end talent? **** if I know.

If Marvin Harrison made it there (he won’t) I’d have a similar internal debate.

”Hey, take the OL. The pass catchers don’t make a difference if the OL is trash. Just do it. Don’t take the sexy pick. Fix the line you dummy”

”Ya but Harrison and Bowers are legitimately generational type talents, and I hate that phrase. How can you pass on them? Blue chip talent is necessary to win in the League, take the best player!”

”Ya but you know you’re going to regret not fixing the OL come November.”

I know it’s a long day, but I said OFF the board. 🙂

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I know it’s a long day, but I said OFF the board. 🙂

Taliese Fuaga, perhaps? I’d have to see the entire board.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

I was seriously wondering if no-one else could read or if it was me. 

When in doubt, I usually bet on my own stupidity. 

To be fair, I didn’t think there would be a scenario where they’d all be off the board at 8… 

Also, I can’t read good. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To be fair, I didn’t think there would be a scenario where they’d all be off the board at 8… 

Also, I can’t read good. 

I was looking at tankathon and all three were gone by six in their current mock. Now, a third QB may end up moving up the boards. It is early.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Also, I can’t read good. 

If none of the other QBs ends up being targeted early, it'd be possible. 

I really don't think that'll happen, but that would be the scenario 

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I was looking at tankathon and all three were gone by six in their current mock. Now, a third QB may end up moving up the boards. It is early.

Who was off the board? Fashanu, Alt, Bowers, Harrison, Williams, Maye, Odunze?

Latu and Turner on the board… and Keon Coleman… yeesh.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Who was off the board? Fashanu, Alt, Bowers, Harrison, Williams, Maye, Odunze?

Latu and Turner on the board… and Keon Coleman… yeesh.

Just so we can stop playing this game, the top 7 in that mock are: Williams, Harrison, Maye, Fashanu, Alt, Bowers, Turner. They have us taking Turner at 7. Not sure how we get that pick right now, but that's the top 7.  Late goes 8.

They have been mocking the QBs real low. Pretty unrealistically so, imo. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Just so we can stop playing this game, the top 7 in that mock are: Williams, Harrison, Maye, Fashanu, Alt, Bowers, Turner. They have us taking Turner at 7. Not sure how we get that pick right now, but that's the top 7.  Late goes 8.

They have been mocking the QBs real low. Pretty unrealistically so, imo. 

We were eighth after our game. Seventh after the Rams game. Is that what you were wondering when you say “not sure how we get that pick right now”?

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

We were eighth after our game. Seventh after the Rams game. Is that what you were wondering when you say “not sure how we get that pick right now”?

Yeah, that is what I meant. I didn't realize we moved up one. Also didn't realize they were updating their mock through the day Sunday, which honestly feels like overkill. 

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, that is what I meant. I didn't realize we moved up one. Also didn't realize they were updating their mock through the day Sunday, which honestly feels like overkill. 

It looks like the players change later and they change the team slots in real time. Turner has stayed at seventh since their last mock. If that makes sense.