Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air). Supreme Court rules in Trump's favor sends immunity case back to the lower court. Aileen Cannon (R-Florida) dismisses classified docs case

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That doesn't mean immigrants are a threat to our country or at fault for that

I didn’t say they were a threat. 

I said it was a problem. Illegal immigration is a problem. There’s actually several problems it creates. 

and it’s actively encouraged by the “correct” process being a total **** show 

Edited by tshile
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

You can be a felon and still get a security clearance. I don't think it automatically disqualifies you unless it's a certain type of crime (violent, drugs, etc)

Edited by mistertim

3 hours ago, China said:

Perhaps this conversation should be moved to this thread:

And leave this thread  for its intended purpose, the Trump trials.

Thanks, cuz trying to get through the last 3 hours' worth of posts made me make a Bloody Mary (and dammit, I forgot to get a lime), go out on the deck and watch backed up Friday night traffic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, tshile said:

I didn’t say they were a threat. 

I said it was a problem. Illegal immigration is a problem. There’s actually several problems it creates. 

I honestly believe you and @Captain Wiggles were talking about two different things.

Illegal immigration is a problem, but not nearly as much for the reasons some try to present it as.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

Our policy is a problem.  The lack of enough immigration judges is a problem.  Texas legislature is a problem. 

Immigration itself is not. 

Edited by skinsmarydu
syntax
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You can be a felon and still get a security clearance. I don't think it automatically disqualifies you unless it's a certain type of crime (violent, drugs, etc)

Yep, this caught my attention when looking back into it:

SECURITY CONCERN
The Adjudicative Guidelines states that “Criminal activity creates doubt about a person’s judgment, reliability and trustworthiness. By its very nature, it calls into question a person’s ability or willingness to comply with laws, rules and regulations.” Because of the high rate of adult recidivism, this issue is perhaps one of the best predictors of future compliance with rules for handling classified information.

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2020/09/01/relevance-of-criminal-conduct-and-security-clearances/

There's a case to be made that Trump has shown the high chance he would break the law again if given the chance in the capacity if POTUS. 

Maybe an automatic disqualifer you and me in that context having 34 felony convictions, and potentially more coming....

• Thanks 2

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Yep, this caught my attention when looking back into it:

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2020/09/01/relevance-of-criminal-conduct-and-security-clearances/

There's a case to be made that Trump has shown the high chance he would break the law again if given the chance in the capacity if POTUS. 

Maybe an automatic disqualifer you and me in that context having 34 felony convictions, and potentially more coming....

And he's been indicted for STEALING SECRET/TOP SECRET DOCUMENTS ALREADY.

That's a big "**** you". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

And he's been indicted for STEALING SECRET/TOP SECRET DOCUMENTS ALREADY.

That's a big "**** you". 

Like, fa real, that's next up and the process is centered around determining their likelihood of a threat based on what they've done in the past.

Giving him a clearence anyway is throwing the whole process to get one in the trash.

• Thumb up 3

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Like, fa real, that's next up and the process is centered around determining their likelihood of a threat based on what they've done in the past.

Giving him a clearence anyway is throwing the whole process to get one in the trash.

If they denied Trump a security clearance then Trump, being Trump, would probably just fire the director of the DCSA and then order his Secretary of Defense to appoint a new director who would approve his security clearance application.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If they denied Trump a security clearance then Trump, being Trump, would probably just fire the director of the DCSA and then order his Secretary of Defense to appoint a new director who would approve his security clearance application.

Dude will jus pull every lever and press every button possible to get what he wants...

elf-will-ferrell.gif

• Haha 4
  • Thumb down 1

The person who is elected President, whoever it is,  is not granted a security clearance like you all are talking about. Private Citizen Donald Trump would likely not get a clearance. If he becomes President again then the position automatically is granted access to the information he needs to do his job. To include that which has been deemed "classified".  

• Thumb down 1

They really should indict Trump for tax evasion.  After all, according to the IRS  :

Stolen property. If you steal property, you must report its fair market value in your income in the year you steal it unless you return it to its rightful owner in the same year.

I'm pretty sure he didn't report the value of the classified documents he stole on his income taxes, and he didn't return them in a year.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Redskins Diehard said:

The person who is elected President, whoever it is,  is not granted a security clearance like you all are talking about. Private Citizen Donald Trump would likely not get a clearance. If he becomes President again then the position automatically is granted access to the information he needs to do his job. To include that which has been deemed "classified".  

Nominees of the major parties have, since I think the 50's, been given regular classified briefings.  So even "private citizen (but nominee) Trump" might have access to classified information as well. There's no law, to my knowledge, that says it has to happen...but it has been tradition.

Will be interesting to see, once he's nominated, if the tradition continues.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Nominees of the major parties have, since I think the 50's, been given regular classified briefings.  So even "private citizen (but nominee) Trump" might have access to classified information as well. There's no law, to my knowledge, that says it has to happen...but it has been tradition.

Well tradition was also that outgoing presidents continue to get regular classified briefings.  Joe Biden didn't do that with Trump because he knew he was a dangerous person who couldn't be trusted with sensitive information.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, China said:

Well tradition was also that outgoing presidents continue to get regular classified briefings.  Joe Biden didn't do that with Trump because he knew he was a dangerous person who couldn't be trusted with sensitive information.

Yes, but innies are just different from outies.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

That's true. It would probably veer into semantics but the nominee is not granted a clearance either. They are, as you stated, provided briefings that will contain restricted or summarized classified info. 

Pretty sure the tradition will continue.  And the briefers will be more restricted than traditionally 

Edited by Redskins Diehard

Let's not pretend that Trump would even read security briefs as a nominee. Hell, he didn't even do it when he was POTUS.

He doesn't read them, he just steals them to show off to people. Which is basically a microcosm of exactly what and who Trump is and has always been.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Let's not pretend that Trump would even read security briefs as a nominee. Hell, he didn't even do it when he was POTUS.

He doesn't read them, he just steals them to show off to people. Which is basically a microcosm of exactly what and who Trump is and has always been.

Sweet, I get to use this gif again...

elected-to-lead-not-to-read-the-simpsons.gif

• Haha 4

This is why I tend to not hold campaign promises against them. They promise things they may want to truly do, then get in and find out why they 'lied'. 
Like Obama's promise to close Gitmo. He got in and they said "no, and here is why".
Bush I promised no new taxes, read my lips, he said.
Then a big war happened and he had to pay for it. And frankly, to his credit, he owned up to it instead of passing the buck.

~Bang

• Thumb up 3