Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rip Barbara Walters

88Comrade2000

Barbara Walters, trailblazing TV icon, dies at 93

Barbara Walters, the trailblazing television news broadcaster and longtime ABC News anchor and correspondent who shattered the glass ceiling and became a dominant force in an industry once dominated by men, has died. She was 93.

Walters joined ABC News in 1976, becoming the first female anchor on an evening news program. Three years later, she became a co-host of "20/20," and in 1997, she launched "The View."

In a career that spanned five decades, Walters won 12 Emmy awards, 11 of those while at ABC News.

She made her final appearance as a co-host of "The View" in 2014, but remained an executive producer of the show and continued to do some interviews and specials for ABC News.

"I do not want to appear on another program or climb another mountain," she said at the time. "I want instead to sit on a sunny field and admire the very gifted women -- and OK, some men too -- who will be taking my place."

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

In the early 90s I attended some big sales seminar event at the Capital Center, lots of speakers, motivators, blahblahblah, But she was the keynote speaker, and she was fascinating. 
She talked about meeting and interviewing Anwar Sadat and other things, and man, i could've listened to her talk and tell her stories for hours.

She was always a top shelf journalist.

~Bang

• Like 1