Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

16 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Apparently Bill Maher on his most recent show claimed that the vast majority of Americans are sane, but also predicted that Trump is going to be elected, which he claims is insane. 

I don't exactly know how you square this contradiction.

One of the problems cited by Allahpundit a few days ago, and by Filipkowski within the past two days, is that seemingly none of this crap about absolute immunity and Nikki Haley being responsible for the lack of troops at the Capitol on 1/6 is being covered enough in the mainstream media. Maybe this changes once Trump becomes the nominee, I don't know.

If Biden somehow prevails in November (I think he loses), he gets nowhere near 330. He doesn't even get 300. Of course, I don't see Trump getting close to.330 either if he wins.

Press made more money than it ever had when trump was in office. For them, at this point, it's about profits, not America. That's what happens when 6 corporations own the press.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

6 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I heard an actual good line, still wrong on the most important levels imv, but at least it's an understandable explanation.

Some upper level GOP source was asked why so much of the "Republican establishment" was starting to more and more line up in support of trump. The response was that the bulk of elected GOP officials and other party leaders no longer "run the party." Now it's run by maga world and we are yielding to that reality (my words).

It's obvious but rarely clearly and openly stated by such non maga GOP figures.

By this logic we would have more GOPers sounding like Christie or unlike Sununu.  Our political parties (or at least the GOP) are completly in lockstep to Orange Jung Un.  His stump speech is a disgusting WWE promo and I even wonder as he reads off "The Snake" that his voters don't realize he's the snake!  

"Yeah, I don't agree with Biden's policy, but I sure as heck am not supporting a criminal President who argues for unlimited immunity."  

Trump's immunity argument would mean Biden can kill him and claim immunity.  But by conflating "official act" immunity and unlimited immunity, he comes off as the victim.  Even cops have internal affairs... but he acts like, "its fine if we have bad apples". 

And the crowd eats it up.

Now that its a clear Trump vs. Not Trump matchup, the GOP can show what type of party they really are.  A party that will allow a narcisitic, selfish, criminal, racist be their leader and have their right wing agenda.  Or one that will support the typical right wing agenda.  I do think we will get about 85 to 90% of the same agenda from Trump as with Haley.  She's gonna try to implement the Project 2025 as well. 

This was the argument the GOP made in 2016 to defend Trump.  "Oh well, it's all substance... policy wise Trump won't be much different."  Oh except for the criminal, abuse of office, maybe selling secrets, staff turnover, and then election denialism.  So now that his mask came off, we'll see if they really push Haley now.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

By this logic we would have more GOPers sounding like Christie or unlike Sununu.  Our political parties (or at least the GOP) are completly in lockstep to Orange Jung Un.  His stump speech is a disgusting WWE promo and I even wonder as he reads off "The Snake" that his voters don't realize he's the snake!  

"Yeah, I don't agree with Biden's policy, but I sure as heck am not supporting a criminal President who argues for unlimited immunity."  

Trump's immunity argument would mean Biden can kill him and claim immunity.  But by conflating "official act" immunity and unlimited immunity, he comes off as the victim.  Even cops have internal affairs... but he acts like, "its fine if we have bad apples". 

And the crowd eats it up.

Now that its a clear Trump vs. Not Trump matchup, the GOP can show what type of party they really are.  A party that will allow a narcisitic, selfish, criminal, racist be their leader and have their right wing agenda.  Or one that will support the typical right wing agenda.  I do think we will get about 85 to 90% of the same agenda from Trump as with Haley.  She's gonna try to implement the Project 2025 as well. 

This was the argument the GOP made in 2016 to defend Trump.  "Oh well, it's all substance... policy wise Trump won't be much different."  Oh except for the criminal, abuse of office, maybe selling secrets, staff turnover, and then election denialism.  So now that his mask came off, we'll see if they really push Haley now.  

If Haley wins Tuesday it’s not because of Republicans but Independents and Dems.  She will get crushed in SC and drop out and kiss Don’s little ring.

We Need an Interpreter to Work Out Trump’s ‘Debanking’ Rant

Whether he is throwing out made-up words like “bigly,” “covfefe” or speaking about the fictitious country of “Nambia,” Donald Trump has always had a special way with the English language.

But as The New Abnormal team discusses in its latest podcast, the former president’s speech in New Hampshire about how banks are trying to “debank you from your political beliefs,” before randomly pivoting to deriding electric cars, left many scrambling to find an interpreter.

“We’re also going to place strong protections to stop banks and regulators from trying to debank you from your, you know, your political beliefs. What they do, they want to debank you. And we are going to debank, think of this. They want to take away your rights. They want to take away your country, the things you’re doing. All electric cars. Give me a break. If you want an electric car, good. But they don’t go far. They’re very expensive,” he said.

“The interesting thing here is that most of this ‘debanking’ is done against sex workers. You know, places like PayPal will not allow it to be used as a payment method for OnlyFans and for stuff like that. Generally, this sort of thing is used to target sex workers and Donald Trump has his own history with sex workers and I guess that didn’t work out too well for him. So maybe you’d think he would be in favor of this ‘debanking,’” he said.

Levy said trying to connect the dots between Trump talking about “debanking” and then electric cars proves more difficult.

“He’s not sundowning. I mean, it’s midnight. A thought pops in his brain and somehow he’s talking about banks not letting you use it for specific businesses or whatever. Then suddenly that makes him think of electric cars and apparently everyone is now being forced to buy an electric car. It’s bizarre. It’s the kind of thing that again might be funny if he weren’t going to be running for president. If he weren’t going to be the first official dictator of the United States.”

Click on the link for the rest

• Like 1

Joe Biden is an absolutlely moderate and competent President and shown himself capable of shifting to the left from 2021 to 2022 and moving more to the middle recently.  Sure, he's older than I would like to be. 

The rest of the country has gone mad.  No susprise from the frothy-right.  But moderate GOP (like Romney and Christie) have been disappointing (remains to be seen how loudly they will support Biden and oppose Trump)...so has "No Labels" - who are trying to act like Biden and Trump are equally bad. 

The far left is understandable - but no need to be frothy angry about it.