Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

51 minutes ago, Larry said:

Not sure of the rules. But is it possible that "Haley voters" = "Democrats"?

Depends on the state, in VA, you go in and pick if you want a DEM or GOP ballot. Trump is not doing well in VA, I would say I'm shocked...but I knew it would go down like this. Stop paying attention to these whack ass polls and look how people are voting.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Depends on the state, in VA, you go in and pick if you want a DEM or GOP ballot. Trump is not doing well in VA, I would say I'm shocked...but I knew it would go down like this. Stop paying attention to these whack ass polls and look how people are voting.

GA is the same.  I was in & out in less than 10 minutes yesterday, our primary is 3/12. 

GO DARK BRANDON!!! 

• Like 2

image.png?ex=65fa2ea5&is=65e7b9a5&hm=714

Clown **** by MSNBC here. Literally who cares how many delegates Uncommitted has. How you going to sit delegates for no candidate? How you going to nominate no one?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-compares-north-carolina-lt-gov-mark-robinson-martin-luther-king-rcna141523

“I told that to Mark. I said, I think you’re better than Martin Luther King. I think you are Martin Luther King times two,” he continued as he offered Robinson his endorsement in the Republican gubernatorial primary on Tuesday. 

Robinson has been a vocal supporter of the former president and first endorsed Trump for re-election in June while speaking at the Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference in Washington, D.C. 

Robinson, a pastor, is a polarizing figure, catching harsh criticism for his past comments about women, Muslims, Jewish people and members of the LGBTQ community.

Wait a minute! How come we can't get exit polling from every state? Is that some kind of state law or is MSNBC slacking? Exit polling is probably the only polling I find interesting at this point.

13 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

image.png?ex=65fa2ea5&is=65e7b9a5&hm=714

Clown **** by MSNBC here. Literally who cares how many delegates Uncommitted has. How you going to sit delegates for no candidate? How you going to nominate no one?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-compares-north-carolina-lt-gov-mark-robinson-martin-luther-king-rcna141523

The Holocaust denier and complete nutbag?

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Trump is not doing well in VA, I would say I'm shocked...but I knew it would go down like this. Stop paying attention to these whack ass polls and look how people are voting.

Can you explain this logic?  In 2016, Trump got 356,840 in the VA primary.  Right now, he's already at 349,302, but under 60% of the vote has been counted.  He's easily going to surpass his 2016 totals.  How is he not doing well?  How do you look at that and say the polls are wrong?  He's doing better than the year that he won the general election.

Edited by PeterMP

11 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Can you explain this logic?  In 2016, Trump got 356,840 in the VA primary.  Right now, he's already at 349,302, but under 60% of the vote has been counted.  He's easily going to surpass his 2016 totals.  How is he not doing well?  How do you look at that and say the polls are wrong?  He's doing better than the year that he won the general election.

I guess in 2016 he got 35 percent of the vote in VA against four other candidates still in the race.

Tonight, pretty much running as an incumbent president and against only one other person still in the race, he's pulling 65 percent of the vote in VA. 

Not sure what it really means.

Just now, hail2skins said:

I guess in 2016 he got 35 percent of the vote in VA against four other candidates still in the race.

Tonight, pretty much running as an incumbent president and against only one other person still in the race, he's pulling 65 percent of the vote in VA. 

Not sure what it really means.

It is hard to look just at precents because there is a lot of cross over from Dems voting in some of these primaries.  In 2016, there was also a somewhat competitive Dem primary that kept more Dem voters voting in the Dem primary.  To me looking at vote totals makes a lot more sense.  And there was hope in 2016 that some of those people that voted for other candidates would in the end not support Trump.

We'll have to see how it breaks down, but in what is essentially not a contest that wasn't likely going to result in strong Republican turn out, it looks like Trump is going to win nearly as many votes as the whole GOP field in 2016.  That's a strong showing (to me).

CA primary voter here.  I am literally so confused about the Feinstein replacement.  We had 2 votes for Senators.   It's not clear if it's a general election for the remainder of her term, and then a primary vote for the January 2025 term.  Or a primary for both (but that would mean we have another 2 votes in a general?).  I just voted for Schiff in both because he's up and I was worried that voting for Porter would somehow allow Garvey the seat, if we split too much.  I didn't look at my ballot until today.

The other 2 voters in my family went Trump and had no clue where to go for the other elections.  So Garvey didn't pick up those votes.  Glad I convinced "son of Fergasun" to register in CA rather than AZ.  He is convinced the youth are going to propel Trump.

24 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Dude, if he's "their guy", he wouldn't be doing similar numbers than when he was fighting for the nom the first time around. The pundits can blame independents/Dems for Haley's numbers all they want, but he's only getting two thirds or the GOP vote and way less of the indy/swing voter. I don't see how you can look at this and say Trump is doing well.