Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

13 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Sure, I get that there are still conservative voters that want that agenda.  But, in no way, shape or form is Trump even the person able to enact that agenda.  When I read polls and see "the economy" or "Biden's age"... I just think we live in different political realities.  And my friends/family for sure are like, "it's not gonna be that bad" and even I think that in some form. But HE IS THAT BAD OF A HUMAN. And to know that a large swath of the country either supports him or is too politically nihilistic to care is disheartening.  This means that actually, they don't think he is that bad of a person.  Biden's age is just a convenient excuse to support a piece of trash.

When you ask people you know who lean Republican on "why is Trump being overwhelmingly picked over DeSantis or Haley," they'll give the circling the wagons answer of "because he's being persecuted with these cases about the classified, J6, Georgia, NY."

But I don't think that's it. At least 60 percent of GOP voters think the 2020 election was stolen, and they are backing Trump to avenge his illegitimate loss.

You're right, people don't care that this guy is a terrible human being. And honestly, for all people say about "he was just joking about being a dictator".....would you doubt that that's what the people who are going to vote for Trump actually want in some way?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

When you ask people you know who lean Republican on "why is Trump being overwhelmingly picked over DeSantis or Haley," they'll give the circling the wagons answer of "because he's being persecuted with these cases about the classified, J6, Georgia, NY."

But I don't think that's it. At least 60 percent of GOP voters think the 2020 election was stolen, and they are backing Trump to avenge his illegitimate loss.

You're right, people don't care that this guy is a terrible human being. And honestly, for all people say about "he was just joking about being a dictator".....would you doubt that that's what the people who are going to vote for Trump actually want in some way?

Right on.

The don’t give a **** about democracy. They care about imposing their values/will on the entire country and see that authoritarian rule is probably the only way they will get it.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, hail2skins said:

How did Trump torpedo the economy?

I think "torpedoed" isn't an accurate label.  

But I will point out that his first action on the economy was to start three trade wars.  

(Then send his kids overseas, with "no official duties, no not keep any records of the meeting" notes.) 

And then announce that, in 2 of the 3 cases, he's decided to reinstate the trade agreement that was already in place when he took office.)  

6 hours ago, hail2skins said:

How did Trump torpedo the economy? While I agree he personally displayed erratic behavior at the pandemics outset, what did you think was going to happen to the economy in the wake of covid?

Well to name a few..Trump's inability to deal with covid correctly is his major failure. That said, precovid he inherited a strong economy from Obama and instituted tax cuts to the top of the top, rather than the people who actually spend extra money when they have it. Then, as Larry already said, Trump's needless engagement in trade wars with China  crippled domestic businesses. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Sorry, but all these people who say Biden needs to jump in, need to shut up. Let Haley punch and soften Donnie up for as long as she can, then Biden can ride in on her coattails. Hell, possibly offer her a spot on his admin afterwards...a small one.

1)  Haley isn't softening up Trump.  Heck, indications are that felony convictions won't soften up Trump

2)  And no, Biden absolutely should not offer her anything.  Ever.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

1)  Haley isn't softening up Trump.  Heck, indications are that felony convictions won't soften up Trump

2)  And no, Biden absolutely should not offer her anything.  Ever.  

I disagree, EVERYTHING is softening Trump. He is not a strong person, every little ding, insult or chip on his ego ends in a late night Twitter (not calling it "X")/ Truth Social rant, it hurts. 

No, he shouldn't, but she has no where else to go. Haley won't ever be president, highest office she MIGHT be able to land is senator, but we're talking about in SC here, folks. Offer her another ambassador job if she keeps landing hits on Trump for you, she can turn that into an MSNBC gig or something. Unless she splits off a portion of the party for herself, she won't have anywhere to go.

Was going to put more thought into this, but I must go.

22 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I disagree, EVERYTHING is softening Trump. He is not a strong person, every little ding, insult or chip on his ego ends in a late night Twitter (not calling it "X")/ Truth Social rant, it hurts. 

Trolls with no conscience can't be hurt.

These Truth Social tirades are seen by never Trump political junkies on Twitter, but do the national outlets even show them anymore? Doubtful. Heck, do those outlets even show excepts from his rallies, which have become boring and predictable?

Even Trumps supporters who might not care for his rantings just shrug and say "he's not going to change." And given where his poll numbers are currently compared to Biden, he doesn't have a motivation to change.

Edited by hail2skins

The co-founder of Black Voters Matter, a group which encourages black people to vote, said the manipulated images were pushing a "strategic narrative" designed to show Mr Trump as popular in the black community.

“Cash was flowing with Trump, even through the Covid years toward the end of his term,” said Henry Perez, 50, who lives in California’s Central Valley. He voted for Mr. Trump in 2016 but switched to Mr. Biden in 2020 because, as a union member, he was not thrilled with Mr. Trump’s policies toward unions.

Mr. Perez plans to vote for Mr. Trump again this fall, partly because of the economy.

“Just go to the pump and go to the store — that will tell you everything you need to know about how Biden’s policies have hurt me,” he said.

https://dnyuz.com/2024/03/04/across-the-board-voters-give-better-marks-to-trumps-policies-than-bidens/

Wow, Henry, that flowing cash (read: stimmy) had absolutely nothing to do with the inflation we encountered in the next few years.

The one thing I still don't understand is why border encounters have risen so dramatically under Biden in comparison to Obama and Trump. Yes, there are a lot of problems in select Central American countries, but those problems existed before, no?

52 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Everything about this guy is fake. His hair, his skin, his weight, his height, his businesses/schools, his accomplishments.

At this point… are we even sure his name is legit? Is he even American?

4 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Everything about this guy is fake. His hair, his skin, his weight, his height, his businesses/schools, his accomplishments.

At this point… are we even sure his name is legit? Is he even American?

He’s really a direct descendant of Hitler. Adolph’s secret love child.