Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

On 5/11/2024 at 11:20 PM, China said:

Trump insiders say Nikki Haley being considered for VP — if she pays his legal fees

Donald Trump’s campaign is considering offering the role of vice president to his most long-standing campaign rival, Axios reported Saturday.

Nikki Haley is under “active consideration” for the position, according to unnamed insiders in the former president’s camp.

Axios said Trump’s decision hinges on whether Trump believes Haley — whom he called "Birdbrain" throughout the fight to become the GOP's presidential nominee — can help him avoid a prison sentence and cover millions of dollars in debt racked up by legal bills if he loses the election.

Haley has deep ties to donors who are not supportive of Trump, the report states. By linking up with her, he would also hope to win over the many Republicans who continue to support her.

Click on the link for the full story

Nikki is dumb enough to do it. She would permanently kill her future if she did that.

On Friday, a group of 26 House Democrats sent a letter to Biden saying they are “deeply concerned about the message the Administration is sending to Hamas and other Iranian-backed terrorist proxies by withholding weapons shipments to Israel.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/12/politics/biden-lawmakers-congress-israel-ultimatum-weapons-israel/index.html

if only someone could have seen that coming from making such a decision 🤦🏼‍♂️

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/10/opinions/us-election-isnt-playing-out-how-i-thought-zakaria/index.html

When President Joe Biden made clear that he was going to run for reelection, I had a sense of what his election strategy was and thought it was an intelligent path to victory. After the chaos of Covid-19 and the administration of former President Donald Trump, Biden would stand for normalcy and a rising tide of good economic news. Trump would divide Republicans, with significant chunks of the party wishing that someone like former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley or Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis would be their nominee. Meanwhile, Trump would unite and motivate Democrats, allowing Biden to focus on independent voters in the swing states that threw the Electoral College to Trump in 2016 and to Biden in 2020.

I have to admit, none of this is playing out as I had thought. Trump is now leading in almost all the swing states, and behind those numbers lie even more troubling details. As someone worried about the prospects of a second Trump term, I think it is best to be honest about reality. I understand that polls are not always accurate, but in general they have tended to underestimate Trump’s support, not overestimate it. I doubt that there are many shy Biden voters in the country.

Perhaps the most worrying new trend for Democrats is that far from being the more unified party, they are now bitterly divided over the war in Gaza. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders has said the eruption of pro-Palestinian protests could be “Biden’s Vietnam” and even invoked the specter of President Lyndon Johnson choosing not to run for reelection in 1968 because of the public opposition to that war. The analogy is farfetched — America was itself sending hundreds of thousands of troops to Vietnam, with more being recruited from college campuses every week. But there is no denying that the party seems more openly divided than it has been in decades. Only 33% of Americans say they approved of Biden’s handling of the Israel-Hamas war, which is criticized both by people who think he is too soft and people who think he is too hard on Israel.

On 5/11/2024 at 8:32 PM, Cooked Crack said:

This one had money involved so probably easier to charge. We'll see how it plays out in Washington. Everybody involved has put themselves in legal jeopardy.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/bob-ferguson-to-bob-fergusons-withdraw-or-face-possible-charges/

The state’s longtime attorney general is now the lone Bob Ferguson in the race for governor after two people with the same name withdrew from the race Monday. 

The state’s candidate filing week ended in chaos — and more than a few jokes on social media — on Friday when the field of candidates for governor increased by two more Bob Fergusons. 

Their entrance into the race, orchestrated by conservative activist Glen Morgan, had raised legal and logistical questions, but the drama subsided Monday when the other Bobs dropped out under what they said was pressure from Bob Ferguson, the Democratic front-runner in the race.

• Thumb up 2

i forgot today was the primary day so last day of those incessant Trone - Middlebrooks ads

Just pick a D and go face off against Hogan already. And enough of this "DAVID TRONE IS THE ONLY CANDIDATE WHO CAN BEAT HOGAN" why can't Angela do it?

Whatever, no more ads. Hopefully the WV governor primary ends today too because those trans ads are all over the tv now lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

i forgot today was the primary day so last day of those incessant Trone - Middlebrooks ads

Just pick a D and go face off against Hogan already. And enough of this "DAVID TRONE IS THE ONLY CANDIDATE WHO CAN BEAT HOGAN" why can't Angela do it?

Whatever, no more ads. Hopefully the WV governor primary ends today too because those trans ads are all over the tv now lol

In my experience, the commercials continue past election day because.....I dunno, they're stupid?.

14 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

In my experience, the commercials continue past election day because.....I dunno, they're stupid?.

1)  it's other people's money. 

2)  And, it's the next election. 

• Thumb up 2

27 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I had no idea he was self funding his campaign. I also was unaware he wasn’t favored… I literally never saw a single ad from his opponent, whereas Trone was on my television constantly. 

Possibly related: I don’t live in Maryland

• Haha 1