Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Colts ~ The Battle of the Backups!

zCommander

17 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Whoa, man got deets on habits. Watching him like a hawk. Did you turn your chair to face in his direction? Does he butter his bread? Was he a lefty, righty or free willy at the urinal?

Ron Riveria trying to enjoy enjoy a meal

SIP:

Am I staring too loud? - Lolcats - lol | cat memes | funny cats | funny cat  pictures with words on them | funny pictures | lol cat memes | lol cats

lol, I was far from staring but not hard to notice some basic things when they are sitting a few feet away from you.     When he got up a few people approached him and asked to take photos with him.  I didn't say a word to him and didn't ask for a photo.  So I think was far from being intrusive to poor Ron.😉

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, I was far from staring but not hard to notice some basic things when they are sitting a few feet away from you.     When he got up a few people approached him and asked to take photos with him.  I didn't say a word to him and didn't ask for a photo.  So I think was far from being intrusive to poor Ron.

You bump into all kinds of guys so I'm sure your etiquette was on point.

29 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

You bump into all kinds of guys so I'm sure your etiquette was on point.

lol, I try not to be intrusive.  I haven't asked for an autograph or photo with any athlete since I was a kid.   I have run into players at the team hotel before.  But never on the road until today.    And lol, yeah I was curious to see if Ron ordered the steak at St. Elmos so I did sneak a peak.  😀  And it was hard to miss he was on his phone nonstop because he was directly in my line of sight.  

Probably my oddest exchange of running into someone was Bruce Allen years ago at the team hotel in Richmond.  He started the conversation with me as we were waiting for the elevator and I was afraid my kids would crack up because they knew how much I detested him. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Leonard Washington said:

Why is this game at 4?!☹️

1pm games are the best thing about being a bad team.

I guess in the off-season when we got wentz, and Matt Ryan went to the colts, the nfl figured this would have “revenge game status” written all over it for Carson, or the colts would beat us with Matt Ryan and prove they made the right decision. Now? Battle of the backups.

but, that’s the risk the league takes when making the schedule and predicting revenge games or juicy matchups 

• Like 1

The Colts are tanking. Why else would the team say Ehlinger is their starter the rest of the year and Ryan won’t play? Can’t see the Colts players being too up for this game. It’s different with Carolina as they made a coaching change. 

Good guys 24

Give up guys 13

Last week was tough after that win.  (Heincke being the next coming and all)  After today's win, it might just be impossible to come to the site until gameday next week.  Yes, I want them to win, but If we are looking long term, to finally address some glaring issues and have a young QB in place that we can grow with, then winning is not the answer.  As long as we can at least acknowledge this, then it is what it is.  

I for one, would like to be a perennial contender, well run organization, with a clear goal and vision.  🤷‍♂️

But, we are going to get this W today.  

the worst place you could be in football 4-4 .500. as we are currently constructed.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Last week was tough after that win.  (Heincke being the next coming and all)  After today's win, it might just be impossible to come to the site until gameday next week.  Yes, I want them to win, but If we are looking long term, to finally address some glaring issues and have a young QB in place that we can grow with, then winning is not the answer.  As long as we can at least acknowledge this, then it is what it is.  

I for one, would like to be a perennial contender, well run organization, with a clear goal and vision.  🤷‍♂️

But, we are going to get this W today.  

the worst place you could be in football 4-4 .500. as we are currently constructed.

This is a loser mentality through and through. I understand what you are saying and I don’t disagree that a young QB could change the direction of the franchise in a way that a winning season would not so I’m not saying it’s dumb. But it’s a loser mentality, you don’t even know that the guy you pick will turn out. 

Also, let’s stop acting like this team is just devoid of talent. In fact, I’d say this team is relatively talented outside of finding said QB. Need a couple of OL, another corner, maybe LB, but other than that pieces are here to win. Go win 9 plus games and make the playoffs so that the team has something to feel good about. Then move mountains to go get a young QB to put you over the top. Or maybe roll with Howell.

I get embracing losses when the season is over. I don’t really understand that when the season is still wide open, especially for a team that rarely makes the playoffs in the first place. It’s like your setting up the narrative that if they win it’s a bad thing before it even happens. I don’t like it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

This is a loser mentality through and through. I understand what you are saying and I don’t disagree that a young QB could change the direction of the franchise in a way that a winning season would not so I’m not saying it’s dumb. But it’s a loser mentality, you don’t even know that the guy you pick will turn out. 

Also, let’s stop acting like this team is just devoid of talent. In fact, I’d say this team is relatively talented outside of finding said QB. Need a couple of OL, another corner, maybe LB, but other than that pieces are here to win. Go win 9 plus games and make the playoffs so that the team has something to feel good about. Then move mountains to go get a young QB to put you over the top. Or maybe roll with Howell.

I get embracing losses when the season is over. I don’t really understand that when the season is still wide open, especially for a team that rarely makes the playoffs in the first place. It’s like your setting up the narrative that if they win it’s a bad thing before it even happens. I don’t like it.

I understand your point of view.  I was just like you.  We can agree to disagree.