Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's straight out of the Ron playbook there. Grade school.

Β 

Howell was a legit starter last season when we beat the Cowboys. Nobody is developing him. It's amazing that he's surviving, let alone succeeding in spite of the bad play calling.Β Β 

That’s your opinion. I think the league is going to view things very differently if the production stays the level of the last 2 weeks.Β 
Β 

But we’ll see.Β 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's a young team seems to be Ron's mantra.Β  It's about smack in the middle of the league as for the age of this roster.

I want to scream every time I hear him say that. Β Especially on defense. Β 
Β 

This is not a young and developing team. Β It’s a veteran team that shouldn’t need to develop at this point. Β Especially on defense. Β 
Β 

It was a new offense and a 23 year old QB so if you want to say there’s growth and learning there, ok. Β But there is not one rookie playing on offense consistently. Β And I think only 2 second year guys in Dotson and Robinson. Β Everybody else is 3ywar or more. Β 
Β 

Stuff it with the young and developing team. Β Bram even called Ron out on that a few weeks ago.Β 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It’s a young team seems to be Ron's mantra.Β  It's about smack in the middle of the league as for the age of this roster.

Yeah the guy is talking nonsense now. It’s self preservation isn’t it. Ron has been good for us in so many ways, unfortunately we just aren’t a very good football team.Β 
Β 

As an aside, you really are all out on him aren’t you SIP πŸ˜‚

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Who’s Feinstein and why do you put so much faith in their opinion?Β 

Β 

John Feinstein, and that was supposed to read "I want NO part of Bieniemy!" Stupid autocorrect. I hate Feinstein with a passion, that bloviating jackass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I really wish one of our incompetent media dum dumps would call Ron put on this ridiculous β€œyoung team” Bull crap.

Β 

”Ron, you keep saying this is a young and developing team, but only one rookie has played meaningful snaps this year, apart from Howell, 2 players on offense are in their second year, and the rest of the team is 3rd play, at least those who are participants on game day.

Β 

except for the QB, this is a veteran team. Β Can you please explain what you mean by young and developing?”

Β 

Rons answer will be β€œThe quarterback is young and developing.”

Β 

Follow up: β€œok but then why are the other players making rookie mistakes in years 3+?”

Β 

Somebody would ask this in New York. Β We have such wussies in our media core. Β Standig wants to ask tough questions but tries to wrap it in nebulous bull pucky and comes across incompetent. Β Keim just isn’t that guy. Β 
Β 

Honestly the last time I remember a member of the media directly β€œinterrogating” one of the staff was a million years ago when Kelly Johnson (she of very tall and long neck fame) wouldn’t let something go post game in a live interview with Gregg Williams. Β He kept trying to evade and she kept not letting him. Β After the interview he actually praised her for doing a good job. Β (He never did answer the question though. It was something Lavar playing time related)

Β 

But that was 20 years ago and she’s out of the industry selling real estate in San Francisco. Β 
Β 

Our media core just lacks teeth. Β 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yeah the guy is talking nonsense now. It’s self preservation isn’t it. Ron has been good for us in so many ways, unfortunately we just aren’t a very good football team.Β 
Β 

As an aside, you really are all out on him aren’t you SIP πŸ˜‚

Β 

lol, yeah.Β  I think what did it for me is his comments this off season.Β  It's one thing to have a crap off season.Β  But the comments are the kicker.

Β 

It's another when he comes off oddly entitled and out of touch and always in spin mode with the bar continually changing.Β  Β  And I wouldn't say he's dishonest but he's teetering on that edge.

Β 

I find the we were a QB away and we got our guy in season 3 obnoxious especially when Ron played it all down in the aftermath of that season.Β  in other words,Β  he's basically saying don't listen to his BS because it means nothing.

Β 

Then he has IMO a crap ho hum off seasom while sucking up to Dan Snyder well past the point when he needed to -- then the send him the SB ring comment, then him being snippy with reporters who suggest he needs to win in season 4.

Β 

It's clear he decided before the season the defense will be stellar but they might not win because of Sam so he will sell the patience argument.Β  But that plan was foiled when the defense sucked and arguably Sam is if anything their best weapon to win a game.Β  Β  So he's been on the track that we just need to be patient with Sam.Β 

Β 

Now, he's switched the argument to the idea that they decided to not try to win via the defense anymore and ride it with Sam.Β  Hence the trades, etc.Β  As if they were winning with the defense but now veering to a Sam centric model.

Β 

It's just nonstop BS and spin from Ron.Β  Β I've gone from wanting him to go at the beginning of the year but feeling a bit bad for him to now, i don't feel bad for him anymore, I find him VERY annoying this year.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Β 

John Feinstein, and that was supposed to read "I want NO part of Bieniemy!" Stupid autocorrect. I hate Feinstein with a passion, that bloviating jackass.

First problem is listening to the junkies. Β I don’t understand why people listen to them just to have their intelligence levels reduced. Β 
Β 

If you skipped the junkies, you wouldn’t have to listen to their mostly idiotic guests.

Β 

Feinstein is a moron. Β 
Β 

But he’s kindof like Mr. 2 minutes. Β You just ignore him because he doesn’t say anything worth listening to either direction, and it’s almost certainly being copied from somewhere else.Β 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Β 

It's just nonstop BS and spin from Ron.Β  Β I've gone frm wanting him to go at the beginning of the year but feeling a bit bad for him.Β  Now, i don't feel bad for him anymore, I find him VERY annoying this year.

No kidding πŸ˜‚ I tend to agree, he’s either lost concept of reality or it’s just BS. The couple of trades at the deadline were encouraging for me. Harris has others calling some shots. We will be moving on soon.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

First problem is listening to the junkies. Β I don’t understand why people listen to them just to have their intelligence levels reduced. Β 
Β 

If you skipped the junkies, you wouldn’t have to listen to their mostly idiotic guests.

Β 

Feinstein is a moron. Β 

Β 

Honestly, I listen to them because I have been for a long time, and they make me feel really good about myself--especially Bickell. That guy is painfully dumb.

Β 

But they do have good guests on, a lot--Keim, Standig. I listen to the Rizzo interview during baseball season.

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

No kidding πŸ˜‚ I tend to agree, he’s either lost concept of reality or it’s just BS. The couple of trades at the deadline were encouraging for me. Harris has others calling some shots. We will be moving on soon.

Β 

I never thought I say this about Ron.

Β 

But I've come to 2 conclusions about him.

Β 

A.Β  His off season approach is VERY Bruce Allen.Β  Go cheap and hope to get lucky and celebrate mediocrity and feel like somehow it organically will get better while watching other more aggressive FO-teams pass them by.

Β 

B.Β  The BS-politics.Β  Spin.Β  I don't know if Ron keeps track of his BS.Β  But it just doesn't stop with the spin.Β  And again it feels a bit like Bruce where Ron is about playing the politician over winning.

Β 

I think he's genuinely a likeable guy unlike Bruce.Β  But IMO he lacks imagination and high-end competence.Β  Β  And his attempts at self preservation are as clunky and clumsy as Bruce was.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Β 

A.Β  His off season approach is VERY Bruce Allen.Β  Go cheap and hope to get lucky and celebrate mediocrity and feel like somehow it organically will get better while watching other more aggressive FO-teams pass them by.

Yeah I was there in the offseason, there was a lot of discussion that the takeover was keeping cash tight, but for me I never bought into that.Β 
Β 

Ron was deluded about what we had in house and what we could add on the cheap.Β 

• Thumb up 3

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Β 

Honestly, I listen to them because I have been for a long time, and they make me feel really good about myself--especially Bickell. That guy is painfully dumb.

Β 

But they do have good guests on, a lot--Keim, Standig. I listen to the Rizzo interview during baseball season.

I get it.Β  There are also guys who like to get kicked in the nuts.Β  I don't understand why, but to each their own.... To me, listening to the Junkies is like getting kicked in the nuts.Β Β 

Β 

:PΒ 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Yeah I was there in the offseason, there was a lot of discussion that the takeover was keeping cash tight, but for me I never bought into that.Β 
Β 

Ron was deluded about what we had in house and what we could add on the cheap.Β 

Β 

I buy the cash being tight to some extent.Β  I've heard it enough.

Β 

But if he's going to spend all of it last year on Wentz and then pound the table for his he looked at the "anayltics himself"Β :ols:Β  Β Then that's on him.

Β 

And he could have spent his money better this off season, too.

Β 

The only good FA season he had was when Kyle Smith was here, year 1.

Β 

But for me I had patience with the speed he was using to build the roster -- expecting the speed to pick up this off season.Β  But when I saw if anything the speed was taken down a notch. and both the draft-FA showed no urgency in a win now season, I was done with him.Β 

Β 

But what makes me a bit edgy about it all are his comments through it all -- I find many of them obnoxious.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Β 

I never thought I say this about Ron.

Β 

But I've come to 2 conclusions about him.

Β 

I wonder how much of that was owner driven?Β  I know we've been on opposite sides of the "Dan's cash flow problems" debate, and while I still think they had the cash to do anything they wanted, maybe Dan just didn't let them?Β  Maybe?Β  We'll never know.Β Β 

Β 

I would think that would have been the case this off season, but they did end up paying Daron.Β 

Β 

It's a bit of a mystery as to the "why."Β  I'm sure some could have been Dan driven.Β  Other might have been Ron/Marty's philosophy.Β  Which, up until they hired EB, seemed to be to run a 1960's wishbone offense.Β Β 

Β 

B.Β  The BS-politics.Β  Spin.Β  I don't know if Ron keeps track of his BS.Β  But it just doesn't stop with the spin.Β  And again it feels a bit like Bruce where Ron is about playing the politician over winning.

I'm pretty sure Ron knows his talking points.Β  I'm also pretty sure he has no recallection of what he says when.Β  He puts his foot in his mouth with a regularity I find surprising from somebody who has been doing this for as long as he has.Β 

Β 

I think he's genuinely a likeable guy unlike Bruce.Β  But IMO he lacks imagination and high-end competence.Β  Β  And his attempts at self preservation are as clunky and clumsy as Bruce was.

I think Ron is very good at creating an organization and letting it run.Β  When he had success in Carolina, he had good coordinators and good personnel people.Β  He just had to keep the train on the tracks.

Β 

He might have screwed up with both of his initial coordinator hires.Β  One is gone.Β  The other one is still here.Β  To me (and I get that there are those who disagree), the book is still out on EB.Β  I like what he's been doing overall with some pointed criticism.Β  But it took 3 years to figure out they needed to make a change.Β  And the sheer number of Panther's coaching staff Ron brought with him was very Bruce from Tampa-esque.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, Conn said:

Β 

Shocked to read this, this is not in his skillset at all (at least anymore). Arguably one of the most painful parts of his tenure has been listening to him (maybe incidentally) insult people’s intelligence with buffoonish circular logic week after week. Sticking his foot in his mouth on player and staff relations, etc. All stuff that could be secondary if he were otherwise a productive and winning coach, but he’s notβ€”and this would be his only job? This would be a horrible fit even if you wanted to keep him around for some reason.Β 

Β 

Β 

Actually, you are absolutely correct here. We don’t need that do we? We need honesty. Not in the sense of what are plans are as far as player acquisition or game plans, but as to what is going on behind the scenes with the club and stuff like outreach with the community. I thought maybe he’d be a great liaison or public relations person, but that might just get us into the same ole crap pattern that we’ve been in for the past 25 years.Β 
Β 

So, with that, I think we should make a clean cut. Bye Ron and I wish you the best.

Β 

17 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

EB is more likely to be demoted to a position coach than promoted to head coach or keep the oc position.

EB wouldn’t accept a demotion here and he shouldn’t. He’s either not here or at minimum the OC.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I wonder how much of that was owner driven?Β  I know we've been on opposite sides of the "Dan's cash flow problems" debate, and while I still think they had the cash to do anything they wanted, maybe Dan just didn't let them?Β  Maybe?Β  We'll never know.Β Β 

Β 

I would think that would have been the case this off season, but they did end up paying Daron.Β 

Β 

It's a bit of a mystery as to the "why."Β  I'm sure some could have been Dan driven.Β  Other might have been Ron/Marty's philosophy.Β  Which, up until they hired EB, seemed to be to run a 1960's wishbone offense.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I got little doubt that some of it was on Dan.Β  But I think I've seen enough from Ron, he tends to explain his thoughts enough and we've some of Ron post Dan -- that I've reached the conclusion that Ron is not an aggressive type.Β  He's an optimist who thinks the solutions are within.

Β 

Β 

I'm pretty sure Ron knows his talking points.Β  I'm also pretty sure he has no recallection of what he says when.Β  He puts his foot in his mouth with a regularity I find surprising from somebody who has been doing this for as long as he has.Β 

Β 

Β 

He's constantly trying to sell a new narrative once the old one dies a natural death.Β  Β  It's become nauseating to me.Β  Β There is always an excuse and a new spin.

Β 

Β 

Β 

He might have screwed up with both of his initial coordinator hires.Β  One is gone.Β  The other one is still here.Β  To me (and I get that there are those who disagree), the book is still out on EB.Β  I like what he's been doing overall with some pointed criticism.Β  But it took 3 years to figure out they needed to make a change.Β  And the sheer number of Panther's coaching staff Ron brought with him was very Bruce from Tampa-esque.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Maybe.Β  Also, Ron doesn't strike me as sharp or motivated as he was when he started here.Β  Β  it happens to other coaches, they lose their fire as time progresses.

Β 

He actually has some Zorn like spacy moments on the sidelines where it comes off a bit buffoonish.Β  Β  And that's not a feeling I had earlier in his tenure.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I get it.Β  There are also guys who like to get kicked in the nuts.Β  I don't understand why, but to each their own.... To me, listening to the Junkies is like getting kicked in the nuts.Β Β 

Β 

Β 

You know, there are times I don't disagree

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Β 

Yes, but do you enjoy it?

Β 

image.gif.5d646623239dcd31ae1f0c164f14c4ca.gif

• Haha 3

On 11/10/2023 at 12:37 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Β 

lol, yeah.Β  I think what did it for me is his comments this off season.Β  It's one thing to have a crap off season.Β  But the comments are the kicker.

Β 

It's another when he comes off oddly entitled and out of touch and always in spin mode with the bar continually changing.Β  Β  And I wouldn't say he's dishonest but he's teetering on that edge.

Β 

I find the we were a QB away and we got our guy in season 3 obnoxious especially when Ron played it all down in the aftermath of that season.Β  in other words,Β  he's basically saying don't listen to his BS because it means nothing.

Β 

Then he has IMO a crap ho hum off seasom while sucking up to Dan Snyder well past the point when he needed to -- then the send him the SB ring comment, then him being snippy with reporters who suggest he needs to win in season 4.

Β 

It's clear he decided before the season the defense will be stellar but they might not win because of Sam so he will sell the patience argument.Β  But that plan was foiled when the defense sucked and arguably Sam is if anything their best weapon to win a game.Β  Β  So he's been on the track that we just need to be patient with Sam.Β 

Β 

Now, he's switched the argument to the idea that they decided to not try to win via the defense anymore and ride it with Sam.Β  Hence the trades, etc.Β  As if they were winning with the defense but now veering to a Sam centric model.

Β 

It's just nonstop BS and spin from Ron.Β  Β I've gone from wanting him to go at the beginning of the year but feeling a bit bad for him to now, i don't feel bad for him anymore, I find him VERY annoying this year.

Couldn't agree more.

Β 

SIP, do you think the H.O.G. is aware of all of this? Β I'm hoping they are well-versed on the history instead of just making up their minds wether to extend Ron based on this season in a vacuum (which isn't anything to crow about in its own right). Β My ultimate football terror is that this regime gets more time. Β It'll truly take a lot of faith I have in the new ownership away.

Outside from a Cinderella finish to this season, aka Playoff Wins (*2), Rivera and company are gone.Β 

Β 

Bienemy gets an interview for HC, but they ultimately head in another direction. This season is about seeing if Bienemy can be a HC and probably doesn't do enough to convince them to hand over the keys.Β