Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

24 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What does that mean? Is that for cardiac arrest?  I sincerely don’t know.

Ventricular Fibrillation......Electrical malfunction of the heart....heart beat goes above a certain point....quivers and doesn't supply blood to the body. Like 300 beats a minute. Not saying this happened to him...just reminded me of it. Sorry for proposing that.....just scared the **** out of me when I saw it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Ventricular Fibrillation......Electrical malfunction of the heart....heart beat goes above a certain point....quivers and doesn't supply blood to the body. Like 300 beats a minute. Not saying this happened to him...just reminded me of it. Sorry for proposing that.....just scared the **** out of me when I saw it.

Sorry you’ve had to go through that.

51 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

ESPN needs to but away from this to something other than trying to have Joe Buck vamp for 20 minutes.  That’s not really fair to him or anybody else. 

World Knife Throwing Competition from Appleton, WI is on now.

Just reacting to all the stuff in all the twitter threads…

I don’t see how this is the nfl’s fault. And I think they have a process for dealing with a serious situation like this and we watched it play out. Forfeits have rules and it requires lots of people talking and agreeing on things and it takes time. And I’m sure they didn’t really do any of it until after the ambulance left or at least got outside 

only “fault” I can see is if this winds up being something team doctors should have reasonably discovered and done something about (or at least made him aware of the danger etc)

bizarre outcomes from undiagnosed medical issues isn’t exactly new in sports. 

and not just pro sports. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Just reacting to all the stuff in all the twitter threads…

I don’t see how this is the nfl’s fault. And I think they have a process for dealing with a serious situation like this and we watched it play out. Forfeits have rules and it requires lots of people talking and agreeing on things and it takes time. And I’m sure they didn’t really do any of it until after the ambulance left or at least got outside 

only “fault” I can see is if this winds up being something team doctors should have reasonably discovered and done something about (or at least made him aware of the danger etc)

bizarre outcomes from undiagnosed medical issues isn’t exactly new in sports. 

and not just pro sports. 

This has nothing to do with an undiagnosed condition. Your heart has a rhythm....if you pop it just right you can shut it off. Electricity makes all the chambers pump in a specific order.....mess it up and no more blood to the body. Hopefully he is back in "rhythm" with no lasting damage.

10 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

This has nothing to do with an undiagnosed condition. Your heart has a rhythm....if you pop it just right you can shut it off. Electricity makes all the chambers pump in a specific order.....mess it up and no more blood to the body. Hopefully he is back in "rhythm" with no lasting damage.

Well. We don’t really know what it is. Unless they’ve announced something?

it’s all speculation I believe?

• Like 1

I'm having a hard time really blaming the NFL for how it was handled either. Yes, the NFL said they could have 5 minutes before starting the game. But considering the teams agreed to not play, it's not like the NFL was forcing them to play. It was up to the teams to decide, and they did decide.

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm having a hard time really blaming the NFL for how it was handled either. Yes, the NFL said they could have 5 minutes before starting the game. But considering the teams agreed to not play, it's not like the NFL was forcing them to play. It was up to the teams to decide, and they did decide.

Should it be left up to the coaches though?  What if they didn’t agree?  What if Taylor wanted to be an ass and say we’re winning here, we’re not shutting this down? Then what?

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Should it be left up to the coaches though?  What if they didn’t agree?  What if Taylor wanted to be an ass and say we’re winning here, we’re not shutting this down? Then what?

Then I think the NFL picks the side that doesn't make the entire sporting world hate their guts for going against the wishes of a team in shock.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s just part of the procedure. They’re given 5 minutes and then have to still decline to play, or something. 

it’s in the rule book I just don’t know it. I know college has the same thing, AD’s and university presidents get involved. 

Edited by tshile

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

So for everyone who says that the league has a contingency plan in place, what happens now?  The game was suspended tonight, what’s next?  How come the league hasn’t come out and say what they are doing?  It’s because they don’t know and they are winging it. 

Why do you think that it's impossible for league protocol to be that it's up to the teams to decide? The teams can and should decide tomorrow whether they are in condition to play the game. If they aren't, they have reason to be. If they're ready, cool. But it would be incredibly heavy-handed for the NFL to just wipe the game out and tell the teams they have no choice.

Edited by NickyJ

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Because the league makes and maintains the schedule. 🤷‍♂️

So? If a team says no and it's for such a major reason like this, the NFL can plan around it when they need to. It would be stupid for the NFL to tell a team how they should feel. It should, and as far as we can see, is up to the teams to decide. The NFL will decide on what to do after the team decides.

13 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

So for everyone who says that the league has a contingency plan in place, what happens now?  The game was suspended tonight, what’s next?  How come the league hasn’t come out and say what they are doing?  It’s because they don’t know and they are winging it. 

because the league doesn’t operate on your time or mine. 

They don’t really owe us anything right now. They’ll tell us when they want. 

17 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

It depends on what happens with Hamlin. If he is turns out to be OK then there will be a different response/plan than if he dies or is permanently maimed.

Youre picking a strange hill to die on at a bad time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1