Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

28 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

The Eagles are making a Christmas album.  🤮

It's Kelce and 2 other Olinemen and that's pretty funny.

They're taking it super serious too which is even funnier.

1 minute ago, PolarExpress said:

Are the Eagles in all black or all dark green?  I can’t tell.

If all black, even though I like them, we need to burn our all black uniforms.

It's the first time the Eagles have been in a black uniform.

Ours has the white people taco hholder on the forhead though 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well. Unless Rodgers retires I Think they have to move him.  They traded up in the first to get him.  They need to get some return on that other than 4 years of a backup QB.

I think it depends on how he looks during the rest of the season if Rodgers sits. If Love looks like a rockstar, they HAVE to keep him. Even if it's hard pay, they cannot let a franchise QB walk out the door with Rodgers clearly being at the end of his rope, possibly even retiring before the contract runs out. That's a big if, but they need to find out. What they saw in the past few years when they were without Rodgers should be terrifying.

If the Packers think Love is worth bending over backwards for, they'd have to play some serious cap gymnastics, but I'd think it could be doable. Put him on 3 year contract or so, make it cheap the first year or two when Rodgers is on the team, then pump it up late to make up for it. But cap managing is magic to me, so I'm just guessing.

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

I think it depends on how he looks during the rest of the season if Rodgers sits. If Love looks like a rockstar, they HAVE to keep him. Even if it's hard pay, they cannot let a franchise QB walk out the door with Rodgers clearly being at the end of his rope, possibly even retiring before the contract runs out. That's a big if, but they need to find out. What they saw in the past few years when they were without Rodgers should be terrifying.

If the Packers think Love is worth bending over backwards for, they'd have to play some serious cap gymnastics, but I'd think it could be doable. Put him on 3 year contract or so, make it cheap the first year or two when Rodgers is on the team, then pump it up late to make up for it. But cap managing is magic to me, so I'm just guessing.

The problem is, if he’s not playing, he runs out of the contract before he plays.  

Rodgers has a $100m cap hit if released before 2023, and a 24m before 2024.

So let’s say they cut Rodgers after 2023, take the $24m cap hit.  

They still need to either sign or franchise Love.  

And if he does go gangbusters, does he really want to sit for a 4th season?

I don’t think they can keep Rodgers on the roster and have him as a backup. 

It’s a mess for the Packers.  

I think they’d try and trade Love for a 1st if he plays well.  

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The problem is, if he’s not playing, he runs out of the contract before he plays.  

Rodgers has a $100m cap hit if released before 2023, and a 24m before 2024.

So let’s say they cut Rodgers after 2023, take the $24m cap hit.  

They still need to either sign or franchise Love.  

And if he does go gangbusters, does he really want to sit for a 4th season?

I don’t think they can keep Rodgers on the roster and have him as a backup. 

It’s a mess for the Packers.  

I think they’d try and trade Love for a 1st if he plays well.  

If Rodgers retires, does he cost the Packers anything? 
I agree, they can’t keep both.

5 minutes ago, PolarExpress said:

If Rodgers retires, does he cost the Packers anything? 
I agree, they can’t keep both.

You know, I don’t know.  I need to look up the salary cap rules of a retirement. 

I think if you retire the player gives up the remaining amount of money they haven’t collected, but anything which has been paid and prorated escalates to the current year.  

Which j think would still be a whopping big number for the Packers, but not nearly as big as releasing or trading him where they have to deal with all the guaranteed money.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You know, I don’t know.  I need to look up the salary cap rules of a retirement. 

I think if you retire the player gives up the remaining amount of money they haven’t collected, but anything which has been paid and prorated escalates to the current year.  

Which j think would still be a whopping big number for the Packers, but not nearly as big as releasing or trading him where they have to deal with all the guaranteed money.  

Looks like the Packers will be in a tough situation.  I think Rodgers looks miserable and in pain.

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Do we still hate the Colts? They're getting embarrassed on tv and I don't feel a thing.

We hate the Steelers more and their terrible towels. The Colts are like meh and only make fun of them for getting rid of Wentz and going after Matty Ice only to see that the ice is melting lol

58 minutes ago, zCommander said:

We hate the Steelers more and their terrible towels. The Colts are like meh and only make fun of them for getting rid of Wentz and going after Matty Ice only to see that the ice is melting lol

I went to college with Tomlin.  Didn’t know him, but we overlapped for a year.

For a school that doesn’t have a lot of NFL pedigree, I root for him.

30 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I still can't believe that they turned Monday Night Football into Garbage Game of the Week. 

This game is just straight trash. 

Jeff Saturday looks like he just jumped off somebody's couch after an all night bender to give that interview. 

This game wasn’t supposed to be as trash as it ended up being.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

I still can't believe that they turned Monday Night Football into Garbage Game of the Week. 

This game is just straight trash. 

Jeff Saturday looks like he just jumped off somebody's couch after an all night bender to give that interview. 

This didn't age well... And an hour later the game is jumping... lol