Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

August 13 Fan Field Day

hiswadeness

Seems like it's only a STH benefit. They're putting more and more things behind that "paywall" now. Gotta get STH to meet coaches, players, training camp. ****. Really trying to milk the perks lol

Edited by ixcuincle

29 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Seems like it's only a STH benefit. They're putting more and more things behind that "paywall" now. Gotta get STH to meet coaches, players, training camp. ****. Really trying to milk the perks lol

What they're trying to do is create more significant benefits to being a season ticket holder in order to entice more season ticket holders.  

It actually makes a lot of business sense.  They're basically giving away a bunch of free stuff to folks who sign up for season tickets.  

Right or wrong, they are trying a lot of things to create better value for season ticket holders.  Not all of them are going to work.  Some won't.  Some will be massively stupid.  Others will be really good.  

I don't fault them for trying to create a better product for the STH.  I was one for years, and I wish we had those perks.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What they're trying to do is create more significant benefits to being a season ticket holder in order to entice more season ticket holders.  

It actually makes a lot of business sense.  They're basically giving away a bunch of free stuff to folks who sign up for season tickets.  

Right or wrong, they are trying a lot of things to create better value for season ticket holders.  Not all of them are going to work.  Some won't.  Some will be massively stupid.  Others will be really good.  

I don't fault them for trying to create a better product for the STH.  I was one for years, and I wish we had those perks.  

i have STH to the Nats and Caps the WFT before this year had some of the worst perks for season ticket holders

it's still not as good as the aforementioned but it's as you said perks of being STH

On 7/29/2022 at 3:51 PM, hiswadeness said:

I did a search but couldn't find anything on this. 

Are their players or alumni on the field during the Fan Field Day activities? Thanks. 

Yup, all kinds of great stuff planned, here are some of the events:

- Learn how to play linebacker with Landon Collins

- How to file medical claims with Clinton Portis

- Let Danny take your picture with the cheerlea...err...dance squad

- Take a dump in the porta potties from Sean Taylor day

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, DiscoBob said:

Yup, all kinds of great stuff planned, here are some of the events:

- Learn how to play linebacker with Landon Collins

- How to file medical claims with Clinton Portis

- Let Danny take your picture with the cheerlea...err...dance squad

- Take a dump im the porta potties from Seam Taylor day

I think there's a dance party competition on the ST memorial too.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I could not find a thread dedicated to Jason Wright so I hope my post in this thread is okay...

Soooo, now the "coffee mug" embarrassment. I don't know if this is directly attributable to Jason (anything in marketing is on him IMO) but COME ON, MAN. Everything he touches goes terribly wrong and I'll be shocked and insulted if he's here next season. I just have to wonder if he double-checks anything about his department at all before it goes into effect. He was hired to improve the image of our team. He's flailing and failing epically. 

On 7/29/2022 at 9:27 PM, ixcuincle said:

i have STH to the Nats and Caps the WFT before this year had some of the worst perks for season ticket holders

it's still not as good as the aforementioned but it's as you said perks of being STH

Actually I think the STH perks for Washington Commanders is much better than Caps perks.  I've had Caps STH for 14 years and Redskins/Commander tickets for 13.   You pretty much get the same or better perks being a Capital One Card holder then a Caps STH.

I also had Valor and DC Defender Tickets for those short lived teams and they had better perks then both the Caps and the Commanders.

9 hours ago, Chachie said:

I could not find a thread dedicated to Jason Wright so I hope my post in this thread is okay...

Soooo, now the "coffee mug" embarrassment. I don't know if this is directly attributable to Jason (anything in marketing is on him IMO) but COME ON, MAN. Everything he touches goes terribly wrong and I'll be shocked and insulted if he's here next season. I just have to wonder if he double-checks anything about his department at all before it goes into effect. He was hired to improve the image of our team. He's flailing and failing epically. 

The coffee mugs were made by someone in the NFL, not in the organization. And they tried making their money back on the NFL’s screw up. I can’t fault them for that 🤷🏻‍♂️

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The coffee mugs were made by someone in the NFL, not in the organization. And they tried making their money back on the NFL’s screw up. I can’t fault them for that 🤷🏻‍♂️

This whole coffee mug thing is hilarious to me right now. Unless this coffee directly hurt you as fan then who cares? like seriously I'm going to start asking people to show me where the mug hurt him. Like good god have a laugh and move on 😂

*yes I know you're not the one complaining about the mug just the most recent post about it lol 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

This whole coffee mug thing is hilarious to me right now. Unless this coffee directly hurt you as fan then who cares? like seriously I'm going to start asking people to show me where the mug hurt him. Like good god have a laugh and move on 😂

*yes I know you're not the one complaining about the mug just the most recent post about it lol 

Is it that big of a deal? No.

Is Jason Wright approving each item for sale? No.

Is it humorous because of this teams history? Yes.

Is Cooleyfans theory that they knew about it, but it’s also okay to try and recoup their money back by selling them, really odd?  YES.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Actually I AM complaining about the mug!  😆

If it were Jason's only blunder it would indeed be just funny. It's a pattern now. A pattern of sloppy, ignorant job status. He stumbles and bumbles and fumbles every assignment. It's not funny anymore. 

The two year renaming project that ended in "Commanders." That's all you came up with??? TWO YEARS????

The uniform mistake in the promo video designed to keep the uniform hidden. It's even HIM in the video exposing the secret.

The alma mater tribute day that was announced WAY too late, former players names misspelled, Sean Taylors field tribute being DANCED upon.

The LAME new version of the fight song.

The coffee mug.

There's more I'm forgetting here but WOW, this guy sleeps soundly at night on his fat paychecks while mishandling every project.

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Is it that big of a deal? No.

Is Jason Wright approving each item for sale? No.

Is it humorous because of this teams history? Yes.

Is Cooleyfans theory that they knew about it, but it’s also okay to try and recoup their money back by selling them, really odd?  YES.

agree about them selling them to get their money back would be odd. Id guess more likely scenario is whoever was stocking working where they were being sold is probably working a low paying part time second job and didn't really pay that much attention to notice that it was Washington st. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Actually I AM complaining about the mug!  😆

If it were Jason's only blunder it would indeed be just funny. It's a pattern now. A pattern of sloppy, ignorant job status. He stumbles and bumbles and fumbles every assignment. It's not funny anymore. 

The two year renaming project that ended in "Commanders." That's all you came up with??? TWO YEARS????

The uniform mistake in the promo video designed to keep the uniform hidden. It's even HIM in the video exposing the secret.

The alma mater tribute day that was announced WAY too late, former players names misspelled, Sean Taylors field tribute being DANCED upon.

The LAME new version of the fight song.

The coffee mug.

There's more I'm forgetting here but WOW, this guy sleeps soundly at night on his fat paychecks while mishandling every project.

you wont get any argument from me that there have been mistakes. But outside of a couple a lot of them have been fairly small. And if you think every project has been mishandled you really havent been paying attention. like at all. because if you had youd notice that the only time anything the does is reported upon is when its negative. Let me ask you how much have you heard reported about all the new artwork around the stadium this past weekend? how much have you heard reported about the new mesh seating in club being used as a trial run, table top seating on club and lower level? how much have you heard reported about the new ticket prices or new member benefits? how much have you heard reported about the new legends lounge on LL with the radio stations, former players hanging out taking pictures with fans etc, food trucks, and 6.75 beer up until game time? how much have you heard reported about Tanya being at the fan rally taking pictures and just hanging out with fans and stuff? or that she was doing the same this past sunday in the legends lounge? how much have you heard reported about the fact that before the lottery was lifted fans were talking about how much they enjoyed their experience at training camp because of how intimate it was? Nah instead you get reports nitpicking every single small negative thing. Like nicki Jhavala (Sp?) taking pictures of the 2nd day of training camp with 0 context of it being so empty because it was a suite holders only day. Nope must be because it was such a stupid idea to have a lottery system. hell even like my point in my most recent post those mugs were likely stocked and being sold because it was probably done by someone who works a second part time job for a little extra cash and really didnt give it much thought. Totally a Jason Wright problem. Just like when people blame the organization about getting gear that's off centered when the organization has nothing to do with it. And if it seems like I'm taking it personal a bit you're absolutely right because of things that the organization has done for me in the background that have had an extremely positive influence on my life over the last year. But you don't ever hear those things being reported do you? are they perfect no they aren't by any means and ive been upset with some of the mistakes as well. For example I think theyve tried too hard to please everybody whether they want new traditions or they wanna keep old ones and its led to some of those mistakes. But there really is alot more good than bad if you actually pay attention

Edited by Mrshadow008

23 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

you wont get any argument from me that there have been mistakes. But outside of a couple a lot of them have been fairly small. And if you think every project has been mishandled you really havent been paying attention. like at all. because if you had youd notice that the only time anything the does is reported upon is when its negative. Let me ask you how much have you heard reported about all the new artwork around the stadium this past weekend? how much have you heard reported about the new mesh seating in club being used as a trial run, table top seating on club and lower level? how much have you heard reported about the new ticket prices or new member benefits? how much have you heard reported about the new legends lounge on LL with the radio stations, former players hanging out taking pictures with fans etc, food trucks, and 6.75 beer up until game time? how much have you heard reported about Tanya being at the fan rally taking pictures and just hanging out with fans and stuff? or that she was doing the same this past sunday in the legends lounge? how much have you heard reported about the fact that before the lottery was lifted fans were talking about how much they enjoyed their experience at training camp because of how intimate it was? Nah instead you get reports nitpicking every single small negative thing. Like nicki Jhavala (Sp?) taking pictures of the 2nd day of training camp with 0 context of it being so empty because it was a suite holders only day. Nope must be because it was such a stupid idea to have a lottery system. hell even like my point in my most recent post those mugs were likely stocked and being sold because it was probably done by someone who works a second part time job for a little extra cash and really didnt give it much thought. Totally a Jason Wright problem. Just like when people blame the organization about getting gear that's off centered when the organization has nothing to do with it. And if it seems like I'm taking it personal a bit you're absolutely right because of things that the organization has done for me in the background that have had an extremely positive influence on my life over the last year. But you don't ever hear those things being reported do you? are they perfect no they aren't by any means and ive been upset with some of the mistakes as well. For example I think theyve tried too hard to please everybody whether they want new traditions or they wanna keep old ones and its led to some of those mistakes. But there really is alot more good than bad if you actually pay attention

I haven't been to the stadium and no matter how well the team plays, I won't be going to the stadium. I'm priced out of that stuff. Speaking of prices, $18.00 for a beer. The team claims its because "they only have one size." WTF is THAT? Did their vendor force them to only offer one cup size at EIGHTEEN DOLLARS? Sounds like a sales and marketing issue there. Who's in charge of sales and marketing? Oh.

Mugs were "probably" done by someone who works a second part time job for a little extra cash? You reaching much on that utter speculative rebuttal? Even if by miracle that argument is true, why would an NFL organization hire someone who doesn't have time or resources to get it right?

You can take it personally if you want. I didn't post anything to you personally. The man is missing his fanbase FGs WIDE and SHORT. You can reply all you want from here. I know what I'm seeing from this guy so I don't need to keep it going with you. 

23 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I haven't been to the stadium and no matter how well the team plays, I won't be going to the stadium. I'm priced out of that stuff. Speaking of prices, $18.00 for a beer. The team claims its because "they only have one size." WTF is THAT? Did their vendor force them to only offer one cup size at EIGHTEEN DOLLARS? Sounds like a sales and marketing issue there. Who's in charge of sales and marketing? Oh.

Mugs were "probably" done by someone who works a second part time job for a little extra cash? You reaching much on that utter speculative rebuttal? Even if by miracle that argument is true, why would an NFL organization hire someone who doesn't have time or resources to get it right?

You can take it personally if you want. I didn't post anything to you personally. The man is missing his fanbase FGs WIDE and SHORT. You can reply all you want from here. I know what I'm seeing from this guy so I don't need to keep it going with you. 

im not saying you said anything personally to me. And please explain how its a reach considering those vendor trucks/ team stores inside the stadium are done once a day? btw this isnt first time nfl has done this. 

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/official-nfl-shop-mistakes-washington-state-for-redskins-home/541644684/

Wonder if Dan and jason caused nike to sell ray lewis 89 shirts https://butattheendoftheday.com/2012/04/02/nike-has-already-made-some-mistakes-with-their-new-nfl-merchandise/

I can't believe Dan and Jason didnt catch this misspelling how dare they 

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/nfl-shop-has-embarrassing-spelling-error-on-kirk-cousins-jersey-sales-01eawscmzs94

https://www.nflshop.com/new-york-jets/new-york-jets-15oz-its-your-state-of-mind-mug/t-25486011+p-2496372264505+z-9-1287707586?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r11c0:po-33

Yeah the Jets technically play in new jersey but they are the NEW YORK jets not the new jersey jets. how could dan and jason not catch that. 

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/15/16892986/nfl-shop-email-mistake-saints-falcons-titans-steelers-fans-ouch

sheesh Jason really gotta vet those emails better. 

did you know the bills havent won a super bowl but they have won a stanley cup? 

as far as the beer. goes yes there is one size beer its 24oz a normal draft beer is 12oz. so here's the simple math for you $16/2=8 and 18/2=9 so $8 and $9 a beer which is league average for a draft beer. and if thats still too much for you theres this magical thing called tailgating where you can bring whatever beer you like and wasted before you go into the game its actually pretty awesome and saves a ton of money try it sometime. hell ill even feed you and give you some jello shots

Edited by Mrshadow008
  • Like 1