Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you do for fatigue?

Bang

Yea, losing weight and stopping certain medications have helped a lot with my snoring and sleep apnea.

My cousin recorded me stopping breathing in my sleep, was a wake up call for me.

On lighter note, both my daughters if they aren't laying down have tendency to end up with their mouths open when they sleep, same as me, and something that freaks out my wife because she thinks they gonna get my snore now :ols:

Exhibit A:

20220607_214411.jpg

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Get tested for Lymes. I had a thread about 15 years ago or more. Nobody could figure it out for about 6 months. It was brutal. 

Eat more plants and focus on fiber. Fiber Fueled is an amazing book. Eat fermented foods. Your microbiome basically runs your body and there are 37 billion microbes in your gut alone.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I had a doctor tell me the gut is brain#2 when it comes to our immunity system. 

As a side point, when i was a patient advisor for Patients Like Me, they were trying to do a study in combination with a wealthy Chinese company to install "smart toilets." These would analyze pee and poop to identify health conditions. The study was shut down over fear of U.S. health records potential to end up in foreign control. The science behind it still seems worthwhile if only a U.S. Corp was willing.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

This sounds backwards, but I can't sit down or else I'll get lethargic and want to go to sleep and whats worse is that it makes me not want to do anything. So I'm normally walking around with some headphones and some music on. I'll even listen to books and podcasts with music on in the background when I can (I can do this from computer but not from the phone). So I'll normally do a two step around the house. But after work when i really need energy I may find myself running in place or going on a quick jog down the street. That really gives me a burst of energy to get through the rest of the night. And if I need more, I just run more.

My kids are very young, so I find myself doing this a lot to get the required energy to play with my boys and get them ready for bed. 

• Thumb up 1