Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

23 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The first skeet is just fine, it’s the reskeeting you got to watch out for.

I'll be honest, you always struck me as the multi-skeeter type.

But reskeeting, picking up someone else's skeet and throwing it at multiple people you know or don't know...I don't like the sound of that, either...😶

There's no way I could keep a straight face at their Launch Press Conference...they should double-down and invite Lil John and the East Side Boyz to help promote it...

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

This will be a disaster, won't work. You can't even be sure who is real. What to stop someone from posing as the WP, making a fake click bait article and cash in?

Exactly, and you gave the perfect reason why. Also, imagine clicking for what believers think is an "article" titled proof the 2020 election was rigged.

Oh? It needs my credit card? Ok. It's only $0.027. Here's the number and my expiration and csv. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'll be honest, you always struck me as the multi-skeeter type.

But reskeeting, picking up someone else's skeet and throwing it at multiple people you know or don't know...I don't like the sound of that, either...😶

There's no way I could keep a straight face at their Launch Press Conference...they should double-down and invite Lil John and the East Side Boyz to help promote it...

Multi skeet is a different beast than a reskeet….

10 hours ago, Simmsy said:

This will be a disaster, won't work. You can't even be sure who is real. What to stop someone from posing as the WP, making a fake click bait article and cash in?

That is a problem, which is why I don’t Twitter is the right platform for it..

• Thumb up 1

On one hand, you all make some very legitimate points about this latest Twitter enterprise and it’s limited appeal.

On the other hand, you’re all relatively sane non-Nazis.  So, you’re not the target demo here.  

This is a product for madmen and morons and the vile grifting racists that prey on them.  And they’ll likely enjoy it immensely.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Thumb down 1

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/01/tech/dorsey-turns-on-musk-twitter-acquisition/index.html

WashingtonCNN — 

Former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey backtracked Saturday on his earlier endorsement of Elon Musk as the right choice to lead the company, speaking out against the billionaire who, for the past six months, has led Twitter through a series of largely self-inflicted crises.

Asked on Bluesky, Dorsey’s new Twitter-like social media venture, whether he believed Musk has been the best possible steward of Twitter, Dorsey said flatly: “No.”

Dorsey added that Musk “should have walked away” from acquiring Twitter for $44 billion, and faulted Twitter’s board in hindsight for trying to compel Musk to follow through with the deal despite Musk’s attempts to back out of the purchase last year.

image.gif.b3d38265a5cfc187c49d9b7c9d3a53e7.gif

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Dorsey added that Musk “should have walked away” from acquiring Twitter for $44 billion, and faulted Twitter’s board in hindsight for trying to compel Musk to follow through with the deal despite Musk’s attempts to back out of the purchase last year

won't somebody please think of the shareholders? - Helen Lovejoy - Meme  Generator

• Haha 1

people bragging about quitting twitter, good for you

continue to be misinformed. getting off twitter is like voluntarily refusing to be informed

"BUT ALL THE FAKE NEWS BOT"

HINT: DON'T f***ING FOLLOW THEM

Edited by ixcuincle

18 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

continue to be misinformed. getting off twitter is like voluntarily refusing to be informed

Actually, I think Elon destroying Twitters legitimacy as a source is good for democracy, america, and the world. 

The problem with “don’t follow the news bots” is that 90 percent of the world isn’t as smart as you are 😉 and may be unaware.

maybe the second sentence contradicts the first.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

27 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Of all the ways to be informed Twitter is probably the most dangerous and least reliable. 

so. Lol at this notion twitter is how you stay informed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Of all the ways to be informed Twitter is probably the most dangerous and least reliable. 

so. Lol at this notion twitter is how you stay informed. 

I don't follow anyone who would be misinformation so i'm not affected

• Haha 1

At the end of the day Twitter still remains the primary means of me getting information, and when that changes I too shall change.

It's well documented I have an app here that aids me in posting tweets and breaking news.

image.thumb.png.522a6bb288b728f1f88d157e7c5f8140.png

The second that people move, en masse, to this blue sky, and they also develop a desktop app that also streams information in real time for me to consume, would be the day I leave Twitter.

We get twitter is bad we get that

But at the end of the day it provides a lot of information and insight. Heck this very forum continues to have people whose majority of posts in fact (gasp) are tweets or information. And that isn't wrong or bad at all!

It's not just all politics either. Twitter is important on this end for my Japanese and Korean scouting services. Without it I would not be able to get the information I get now about Korean prospects like Lee Jung-Hoo (Kiwoom Heroes outfielder, Nats should look into him!) or Murakami and Sasaki for NPB.

Yes, Twitter is getting worse and worse. We know. I don't need to be reminded of that. But it still has enough usefulness that I will continue to use (and post insight from it) daily.