Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

4 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Please tell me that you're not, in a roundabout way, giving up on our number one pick Holliday. 

It would be quite the opposite. If we believe Holliday is going to turn into a star SS, the totally shrewd move would be to trade Henderson, given his value can't get much higher.

But like I said before, we have three infield spots for four legit prospects.  Unless we move Mayo to 1B.  Insurance is always nice, but if are hurting in other spots, like starting pitching, the logical thing to do is trade value for value.

Noticed that Soto didn’t do a little jig when he popped out in the 8th. 

BTW when Stanton GIDP earlier, Judge did in fact attempt to interfere with the. Hip hop horrayyyy oooooooo heeeyeee oooohhhh wave. 

• Like 1

Yankees aren't that good, I'll just put it like that.  I knew the Orioles would win today!  Even bet on it, and I never bet on my teams.  Judge is not himself and Stanton is a broken man.  Nobody other than Soto scares me.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Yankees aren't that good, I'll just put it like that.  I knew the Orioles would win today!  Even bet on it, and I never bet on my teams.  Judge is not himself and Stanton is a broken man.  Nobody other than Soto scares me.

It's early and Cole isn't even back yet.

Soto is for real, as expected. 

Os deserve their flowers, buts it's April...keep that same energy in a 'ber month, please : )

Edit: Stanton is trash, I expect nothing from him and still disappointed.

Edited by Renegade7

13 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Yankees aren't that good, I'll just put it like that. 

I think they’re pretty good when they’re clicking. Soto is a monster, Volpe and Verdugo can play. They’re stuck in the perpetual non-rebuild mode where all they can do spend stupid money to sell tickets. 

Meanwhile Stanton is close to washed, Rizzo not far behind, Judge gets hurt a fair amount and as the bat slows down his size makes him Adam Dunn out there. Cole is a question mark even if his elbow heals without surgery. 

And this season, the pitching staff is over performing in the absence of Cole. Will this continue when he comes back? Not so sure. 

• Thumb up 1

Ever since Judge ran through that wall and messed up his toe he hasn't been the same.  They have talent on that team but they don't have the speed, power, or hitting that we have. Defensively they are mediocre. Pitching is about equal.  We are going to sweep this series I am sure of it.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

We are going to sweep this series I am sure of it.  

It's a 4 game series, yall could drop one by accident and still be up 2 games...in May 😏

I think the Yankees pitching overall is pretty solid.  They're third in the majors in ERA (but 13th in FIP, they're getting a bit lucky), 2nd in ERA+, 9th in WHIP, 4th in runs allowed per game.  That's only going to get better when Cole returns.

The offense is overrated.  They've got two guys out there that used to be Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge.  Rizzo is still effective but he's not on the upswing of his career.  Volpe has cooled a lot since his big start but is still improved a lot over what he did last year.  Soto is the only one in the lineup to truly be afraid of despite the lineup consisting of big names and former MVPs.  

I would expect Judge to finish with respectable stats but I also wouldn't be surprised if this were the beginning of his decline.  

These things said, they're still pretty formidable and I expect them to be in the race all season.  

Hope to split any 4 game series but if the good guys can win one today or tomorrow, taking 3/4 is huge.  If they could somehow sweep, that would be ****ing amazing.

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Outside of beating the Yankees and Sox, nothing warms my heart more than to see the Blue Jays sinking like the Titanic with Vlad Jr. playing the part of the iceberg.

What's happening to the Jays was mu fear when the O's worked on their rebuild. What happens when the rebuild produces the most middling team possible and then you don't have the levers to add enough talent to win? The Jays are the team of Canada and have the financial resources and prior to the ownership change in Baltimore, if felt like we didn't have that. 

Ah well. Not having that issue! 

3 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

What's happening to the Jays was mu fear when the O's worked on their rebuild. What happens when the rebuild produces the most middling team possible and then you don't have the levers to add enough talent to win? The Jays are the team of Canada and have the financial resources and prior to the ownership change in Baltimore, if felt like we didn't have that. 

Ah well. Not having that issue! 

Yeah, there's risk in everything when it comes to running a franchise.  Rebuilds aren't guaranteed, neither are high priced free agent acquisitions.  

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, there's risk in everything when it comes to running a franchise.  Rebuilds aren't guaranteed, neither are high priced free agent acquisitions.  

Yea, look at the horror show that is the White Sox.