Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Scott Hall aka The Bad Guy Razor Ramon

spjunkies

Scott Hall came to a Frederick Keys game a few years ago. He was doing a meet and greet with the fans and I was able to get a picture with an autograph. He was a good guy. He is still the only wrestler I've ever met in person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I started watching wrestling seriously around 1992/1993 and was kind of on the fence as to whether it was real or not.  Scott Hall actually scared me a little when I was a kid and he was doing the Razor Ramon thing.  I hadn't seen Scarface at the time so I never made that connection.  The guy was just big and mean, and great with the character.  RIP Chico.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Rrrrrrrazor.... Rrrrramon.... (throws toothpick at the camera).   

Young teenage me never watched WCW, so I missed half of the Monday Night wars and I never truly appreciated the art of sports entertainment until my later teenage/early 20s.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

If you watched wrestling in the 80s and early 90s, you know that big-named wrestlers would routinely have matches with "jobbers" (no-namers who were there to get their asses kicked).

This changed it all.  A jobber beat a superstar.

Sean Waltman, the winner, immediately had a fued with Razor...then joined the NWO and DX as "X-Pac".

Scott Hall basically added jet fuel to Waltman's career, while also ending the jobber era at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1