Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP/CBS/ESPN: Joe Gibbs coming back; Gregg Williams D-Coord: Woah Woah Woah (MERGE)

SRVFan72

Originally posted by Dan T.

SRVFAN72, with 20 freaking posts total, scoops the biggest story on Extremeskins in years. Definite rookie of the year candidate.

Hell, right now he's got to be the frontrunner. If the story pans out and Gibbs does comeback, then the emotional vote clearly goes his way. Actually, just hand him the damned trophy. So help me, and I don't expect this from Maske and Shaipiro, if this turns out to be even close to bogus I'm going to be extremely put out.

:cheers:

Love it!

Player respected him and he knows how to adjust to teams even after halftime.

Unless the team was down 42-0, I never felt we were out of a game with GIBBS as a HC.

He also knows how to put together a staff!

God I hope this happens, as this would be a major Coup for SNYDER.

Things to come...adios to CERRATO...hello Allen?????

Originally posted by The Wicked Wop

The only reason I think he would try it....A) Realized Parcell's success in such small time frame, B) Minority ownership included....Though I agree STI

I was wondering if minority ownership would be part of the deal. How else do you bring a HOF coach out of retirement after ten years who also happens to own another team at the moment?

Originally posted by SlinginSammy

It would be like a kick in the gut if it doesn't happen. Like have your heart ripped out and stomped on it.

It would be a sure sign that the football gods are doubling the curse that already haunts this team

Originally posted by RDSCNZ20

man....now i can't sleep tonight.....but if he comes back and he is not successful..i won't even think that...

BLASPHEMY!!! You know not what you speak! The Skins WILL be a success if Gibbs comes back, whether it's as coach or GM.

Originally posted by SRVFan72

Your welcome for breaking the story by the way:) Anyway, I just called a buddy of mine and we discussed it for half an hour....there are ENDLESS reasons why Danny may be doing this, and we could analyze them to death..let me pose these questions...IF Gibbs comes:

1. Does Champ stay?

2. Does Snyder give some ownership up to him?

3. Does Snyder get back in all of our good graces?

4. Do the Redskins DO WELL??? Honestly, can Gibbs right the ship?

5. Does he bring back Hanifan, Sevier, Bugel, Grimm and Company?

Just a few questions....

Way to go on the story dude. And good questions all.........

I have repeatedly pinched myself. This is the kind of thing that was merely a laughing dream to so many of us. I do not believe it will happen. In fact, I have conflicted feelings about the possibility as exciting and inspiring and breathtaking as the possibility is. Again though, I'd be STUNNED if it happens.

To make it remotely possible Gibbs would have to have 10 percent ownership stake or something significant. This is the most invigorating story you could possibly see. But, as has been expressed here, if it doesn't happen now ANYONE we sign will be a SERIOUS let down.

Archived