Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP/CBS/ESPN: Joe Gibbs coming back; Gregg Williams D-Coord: Woah Woah Woah (MERGE)

SRVFan72

Originally posted by Rejuvenated Canadian Hog

"He's not here yet. Please let it happen. But he's not here yet" - DAN T

Trust me, the deal is as good as done. No way something as big as this gets reported and nothing becomes of it. We'd be having alot of Skins fans inflicting pain on themselves if this doesn't go down.

Hope you're right Hog. I'll through one turd in the punch bowl though. Beathard was going to be here too a little while back and that fell through.

But I can't believe Danny will let this one get away.

Hal-Lay-LEW-YA

Good God! The one name that will unite all Skins fans in joy!

Joe Gibbs can pick and choose his assistants. Joe Gibbs could bench Arrington and no one would second-guess him. He's the closest thing to a Redskins God. We're going back to smash-mouth football, gentlemen! We'll never be outcoached again!

Happy days are here again!

I'll say it: if he pulls this off and puts Joe Gibbs on the sidelines again, Snyder is a genius.

Meh. I'm not liking this very much. If there is one thing I could count on the past few years playing the Skins, it was the Eagles would have a coaching advantage.

If someone could ever get the 'names' to play like a team. . don't want to think about it tonight.

When do you think this would be finalized?

I saw the spot on Sportscenter as I was flipping through the channels. The first place I went to was this site.

WTF!!!!!!!

This better be the real thing. I don't care if we go 4-12 again just to get Gibbs.

ESPN said to stay tuned to the 1AM Sportscenter for more developments.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Meh. I'm not liking this very much. If there is one thing I could count on the past few years playing the Skins, it was the Eagles would have a coaching advantage.

If someone could ever get the 'names' to play like a team. . don't want to think about it tonight.

When do you think this would be finalized?

:evil:

Fear the Spear!:D

Yes it all makes sense!! It is said by wise eastern philosophers that you cannot know day without experiencing night. You cannot know true joy without also knowing sadness. Our suffering is now clear. We have suffered for 11 long years so that we may now know what true football joy really is. We will never ever ever take a playoff berth for granted. We will never never ever take a Super Bowl berth for granted. Praise be I truly believe that I have died and this is what it's like at the other end of the tunnel.:D

Here is something from Sportsline... Says it may be finalized by Wednesday...

Deal to bring back Gibbs might be finalized Wednesday

Jan. 6, 2004

By Jay Glazer

SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Tell Jay your opinion!

For the second consecutive year it appears something unthinkable will happen in the coaching ranks.

Advertisement

High-level Redskins sources told SportsLine.com that the team has begun negotiations with former Washington great Joe Gibbs to return to the team as its head coach. Gibbs, who owns a small percentage of the Atlanta Falcons, is thought to be seriously leaning toward a return to the team that made him famous and a deal appears imminent barring a late breakdown or change of heart.

A deal could be finalized as early as Wednesday.

Gibbs owns a small percentage of the Atlanta Falcons and would have to surrender his shares with the team.

Last year the Dallas Cowboys signed Bill Parcells, taking him out of retirement. But Gibbs is a different story. He has been out of coaching since 1992 after leading the Redskins to three Super Bowl titles and then left football completely to join NASCAR.

One person close to the situation said that Redskins owner Daniel Snyder offered Gibbs a rather hefty sum to return to the sidelines and wanted to make a big splash with such a shocking development in the next day or two.

However, Gibbs has not yet officially signed and others have been close to signing only to back out of the deal. But the fact that Gibbs is even talking to Snyder about a return is nothing short of shocking.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6985695

Originally posted by Skeletor The Invincible

It's midnight here on the east coast, and I don't think we'll be getting anything new tonight.

How soon could it possibly be finalized? With Snyder, you know he moves quickly (almost TOO quickly) to finish stuff. So, uh, you never know... (tomorrow?)

For once I won't mind him moving too quickly

There was an interview with Gibbs recently and he was mentioning that his son is doing most of the Nascar stuff now. So leaving Nascar now is not a big problem because of his son.

I still think Allen or someone else would have to be GM. I just don't see Gibbs answering to Vinny.

The NFL Commish has a huge hard on right now if this is true. Then again for them to post it and now Fassel's people to say there is a surprise then it has to come true now. Maybe the whole thing with Rhodes was to ask him to come here to be the DC.

I think I might be buying tickets afterall for next season now, sorry honey no dog just yet :laugh:

PS Did anyone here on this site ever read Gibb's book? If you haven't I highly recommend it. I was in highschool at the time and was very good read and amazed what the man has been through.

Archived