Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP/CBS/ESPN: Joe Gibbs coming back; Gregg Williams D-Coord: Woah Woah Woah (MERGE)

SRVFan72

It's true. It's absolutely true. There is no way a good marketing guy like Snyder would let this get out if it was false. It would be such a crushing, disillusioning blow to get someone like Rhodes after being teased with a coaching God -- Snyder's not gonna let that happen. Welcome home, Saint Joe!

Now kick them in the ass! Fire this team up! It's SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL TIME!

I will probably committ suicide if this does not come true now. After reading 15 pages of this Im not sure I can sleep tonight.

I also think there is a chance that this thread can pass "The Daily Babe" in one night!

Originally posted by SkinsFan56

I will probably committ suicide if this does not come true now. After reading 15 pages of this Im not sure I can sleep tonight.

I also think there is a chance that this thread can pass "The Daily Babe" in one night!

over a quarter of the way there in just over an hour!

Can you imagine what tickets will go for on the first home game? Even the first pre-season game. I remember SS first preseason after Japan we went to Tampa and people wanted $300 for preseason. If SS brings that kind of following from the Gators just think what Gibbs will do. Snyder will make it all back on merchandise.

Redskins | Looking to the Past to Move Into the Future? - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 6 Jan 2004 20:50:40 -0800

Jay Glazer, of SportsLine.com, reports former Washington Redskins great Joe Gibbs may return to the coaching ranks in the NFL. Gibbs has been out of coaching since 1992 after leading the Redskins to three Super Bowl titles, and high-level Redskins sources have told SportsLine.com that the team has begun negotiations with Gibbs to have him return as their head coach. Gibbs, who currently has a small percentage of ownership with the Atlanta Falcons, was thought to be seriously considering a return. Should he do so, he'd have surrender his shares with Atlanta. Gibbs has not yet officially signed and others in the past have been close to a deal only to back out, but his consideration alone is nothing short of shocking.

OK, so he's got about $15m in cap room... what would Joe want? He's got his "fun bunch", sort of, and his Hogs, sort of. He needs his Riggins. And he needs his Butz, Manley, and Mann.

Yes, the NFL has changed... but Joe was never a hidebound coach. He'll roll with the punches. Dream up new things. Can you imagine what he'll do with Arrington? With Coles? How he'll protect Ramsey?

I can't wait to see top notch special teams play. Nasty defense. Smash-mouth heavy jumbo packages on the goal line. Oh joy!

Originally posted by Johnny Punani

LMAO!! If Gibbs is back this is what you will hear on draft day.

"and with the 5th pick in the 2004 NFL draft the Washington Redskins....Select Kevin Jones, RB, VT....Bank on it...

Do you think we'll have problems getting players to want to be here? They'd be waiting outside of Redskins Park to talk to St. Joe!

Originally posted by EvoSkins

I do see soem old assistants coming back to work for Gibbs.

I bet Synder is throwing more than $5 million a year to have Gibbs come back.

The band is back together!!!!

:wave:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Archived