Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP/CBS/ESPN: Joe Gibbs coming back; Gregg Williams D-Coord: Woah Woah Woah (MERGE)

SRVFan72

*whew* ok I think i have this freakin thread reconstructed... I will have to remember never to copy a thread that is this big and getting this hammered with hits without closing it down fist :)

All posts in this thread *hopefully* are back where they are supposed to be.

Originally posted by Parlett316

Well then I will repost to be apart of this great thread. :)

Yeah, I me, too. I just wanted to post so I could officially be a part of THIS thread. I'm still going thru the other 24 or 25 pages, so give me the Cliff's Notes...is this a hoax?

This is almost "Elvis Is Alive!!!" caliber stuff.

Good Lord, this is what I get for going to bed at a decent hour :laugh:

Total shock on checking my email with 50 gazillion Joe Gibbs subject lines...if it becomes official then wow, what a shot in the arm for this franchise.

What a day its going to be waiting for an official announcement.

Are we ready for some football...

Joe Gibbs style?!

I think we are.

:cheers: :notworthy :cool: :applause: :thumbsup: :wish:

:allhail:

Originally posted by Parlett316

Junkies already saying that there is no chance in hell that Gibbs comes back to coach but more likely a consultant.

Those clowns know nothing. I'll take Maske over the junkies any time. There's too much media-generated smoke for there to not be at least some fire. A deal may still fall through, but the deal is being reported from all sides to be coaching, not consulting. It's the lead story on www.foxsports.com , with the huge headline "NO JOKE: Gibbs reportedly considering return to the Redskins".

Originally posted by Fitzman

Those clowns know nothing. I'll take Maske over the junkies any time. There's too much media-generated smoke for there to not be at least some fire. A deal may still fall through, but the deal is being reported from all sides to be coaching, not consulting. It's the lead story on www.foxsports.com , with the huge headline "NO JOKE: Gibbs reportedly considering return to the Redskins".

They are saying it's a Dan Snyder spin move but their is no logical reason to do that.

Why spin the media and chase off your top three canidates?

Why spin the media and piss off Joe Gibbs?

It makes no sense.

OK, i just got in from a late poker night, checked my messages and had one from a friend back on the east coast saying there was some breaking news that he wanted to discuss with me. I checked the Post's sports news and wow, all I can say is:

Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please, Oh please.

Not in my wildest dreams did I think we had a chance of getting Gibbs back. He's so far above any other coach on my wish list that he might as well be alone. I don't think this is a done deal yet but do think that if he comes back he will be coach. Got to give Snyder this, he knows how to make a splash in the offseason. Oh, and if this is true I will take back everything nasty I've said about Snyder.

This is looking pretty close to official:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6985695

For the second consecutive year it appears something unthinkable will happen in the coaching ranks.

High-level Redskins sources told SportsLine.com that Washington Redskins great Joe Gibbs has accepted a deal to become the Redskins new head coach. Terms of the deal were not immediately available, but the sources said he accepted late Tuesday.

Gibbs owns a small percentage of the Atlanta Falcons and would have to surrender his shares with the team, but he has already discussed the solution with Falcons owner Arthur Blank.

In addition to his acceptance of a deal, Redskins sources also told SportsLine.com that Gibbs has already met with and signed former Bills head coach Gregg Williams to become his new defensive coordinator. Williams was the hottest defensive coordinator on the open market and was previously set to fly to New York on Friday to interview with Tom Coughlin.

Last year, the Dallas Cowboys signed Bill Parcells, taking him out of retirement. But Gibbs is a different story. He has been out of coaching since 1992 after leading the Redskins to three Super Bowl titles and then left football completely to join NASCAR.

One person close to the situation said Redskins owner Daniel Snyder offered Gibbs a rather hefty sum to return to the sidelines and wanted to make a big splash with such a shocking development in the next day or two.

Gibbs made his decision yesterday, but then moved immediately to construct his staff. It is unclear when the Redskins will make such a shocking move official.

Good God........whwen I logged on and saw all the folks on the board at 6:35 am, I knew something was up. I'm not gonna get too excited just yet. Of course, when I saw the thread and started to read, I ran through the house yelling:laugh:

I'm keepin my fingers crossed.

[edit: long n' left, i suggest changing this thread title to say, "it's official: joe has signed a contract" or something along those lines because that's exactly what the sportsline article says.]

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High-level Redskins sources told SportsLine.com that Washington Redskins great Joe Gibbs has accepted a deal to become the Redskins new head coach. Terms of the deal were not immediately available, but the sources said he accepted late Tuesday.

In addition to his acceptance of a deal, Redskins sources also told SportsLine.com that Gibbs has already met with and signed former Bills head coach Gregg Williams to become his new defensive coordinator. Williams was the hottest defensive coordinator on the open market and was previously set to fly to New York on Friday to interview with Tom Coughlin.

WOWW!!!!!!!!!

TRIPLE WOW!!!!!!!!

One person close to the situation said Redskins owner Daniel Snyder offered Gibbs a rather hefty sum to return to the sidelines and wanted to make a big splash with such a shocking development in the next day or two.

OLD WORKAHOLIC JOE IS BACK! HASNT EVEN STOPPED TO SMELL THE GREEN, HE'S ALREADY STARTED PUTTING A CRACK STAFF TOGETHER!

(I am trying to keep the "Gibbs returns!" threads merged in this thread.... nothing was deleted)

I swear I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasnt April 1st....

Williams already hired as D-coord??!? How could Jay Glazer have scooped Maske on this?

This all has the feel of a bigass joke on us poor Redskins fans... I am still waiting for the punchline. Or, I am waiting to wake up...

Mods, please don't merge this. It contains some surprising and startline new information.

The most amazing thing: Gibbs has ALREADY signed a contract and has ALREADY begun assembling a crack staff!

Gibbs returns to Redskins; ex-Bill Williams to coach D

Jan. 6, 2004

By Jay Glazer

SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Tell Jay your opinion!

For the second consecutive year, something unthinkable happens in the coaching ranks.

Gibbs owns a small percentage of the Atlanta Falcons and would have to surrender his shares with the team, but he has already discussed the solution with Falcons owner Arthur Blank.

Last year, the Dallas Cowboys signed Bill Parcells, taking him out of retirement. But Gibbs is a different story. He has been out of coaching since 1992 after leading the Redskins to three Super Bowl titles and then left football completely to join NASCAR.

Gibbs made his decision Tuesday, but then moved immediately to construct his staff. It is unclear when the Redskins will make such a shocking move official.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6985695

Originally posted by Broohaha

Mods, please don't merge this. It contains some surprising and startline new information.

Broohaha,

Nice work on the highlighting, but this was already posted in this thread. I am sorry, but the sprawl on this topic is going to be HUGE.... We will have a hard time keeping things clean today :)

Archived