Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP/CBS/ESPN: Joe Gibbs coming back; Gregg Williams D-Coord: Woah Woah Woah (MERGE)

SRVFan72

Yea Mad Monkey, something is fishey about Glazer breaking this one... youd think that Maske or Lenny P. would have the scoop considering the access that Maske has always had (and the recent number of things that Lenny P. had busted out).

I still wont believe it until I see the press conference. It would be too painful to do otherwise....

Originally posted by Long n Left

Now, if Bruce Allen (who just left the Raiders yeaterday) comes in as GM, and Russ Grimm is hired as OC...I think I'll faint, bust my head on the side of my desk, and wake up with a perpetual smile...tears of joy streaming down my face...

That would be ALOT of Redskins bloodlines on one staff.... I could root for this staff for a good two decades even if we dont have another winning season.

I swear it all sounds too good to be true. If it IS true, then the season ticket waiting list is about to triple.

I went to bed at 10 est last night. I didn't find out about this until 6 this morning. The shock didn't wear off until page 22 on this thread. Now I am just holding back the tears of joy and awaiting official confirmation.

Wow

Ok, maybe I am still in shock:)

I've been trying to come up with -- assuming this thing happens -- what might be a bigger positive day in recent Redskins history. Or at least since SBXXVI.

Haven't found one yet. The playoff win over Detroit in '99 was sweet. The hiring of Spurrier was exciting.

But neither had me misting up like this one did, when I first heard the news on the radio sitting in traffic.

Unbelievable.

I am just finding this out this morning. I havent been this happy since the birth of my daughter. I knew Snyder was going to pull a rabbit out of his arse to get us excited again. This is more akin to him pulling the golden goose out of his arse.

Happy Days are here again.

Please oh lord let this be true. I don't want to go to work now and sit in meetings. I want to cancell all my appts. and sit by the pc and tv all damn day now.:laugh:

I just saw it on espn sports show. They did a really quick 15 second bit on it.They didn't say it was a done deal. They said it was in the works . They also said Coughlin is the top Giant candidate like that is a news flash. They better go back to the Gibbs story. I think I am going to F'in explode waiting on the confirmation.

Warpath, either one frankly.

I heard that one of them had just declared, so I guess I meant that one.

But right now, I'm thinking Udeze or even trading down to get another pick, and between 10-15, getting (maybe still Udeze) and then Lavalais in the 2nd.

Nothing would make me happier, and if this does go down, like we all hope and pray it does, I think that the best thing to come out of it would be Gibbs telling Snyder to just sign the checks and stay out of the football decisions. Better get that resume ready Vinny!:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

COME HOME ST. JOE!!!!:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Originally posted by Blade

(I am trying to keep the "Gibbs returns!" threads merged in this thread.... nothing was deleted)

I swear I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasnt April 1st....

Williams already hired as D-coord??!? How could Jay Glazer have scooped Maske on this?

This all has the feel of a bigass joke on us poor Redskins fans... I am still waiting for the punchline. Or, I am waiting to wake up...

:joker: :doh1: :yikes:

have I ded and gone to Redskins heaven?

I feel like I am being set up on punked

Archived