Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dream Coach

RVAskins

I've been thinking of the Redskins' coaching tree: McVay LaFleur, Shannahan, etc. It's crazy how many successful coaches passed through here.

That said, I think Ron Rivera is a good coach and needs to be given his chance. The only thing that frustrates me about him is he seems too loyal. He has his guys and he sticks with them. I mean we basically are the Carolina Panthers coaching staff plus Del Rio and that group was fine, but they were not the best. They were not poached for head coaching gigs for example. Reassembling the Panthers' Front Office allows smacks of a lack of imagination.

It's settling. It's doing what's comfortable. Now, it does occur to me that Rivera may have done this because the people who love him and have worked with him may have been the ones least likely to be impacted by the organizational dysfunction that surrounds Snyder. We suspect that over Jay's last years, he couldn't recruit a good DC or replacement coaches. Part of that was because everyone knew he was on the hot seat. The other part of it might have been that people hated Bruce Allen and Snyder and the org had a reputation as a lousy place to work. 

I think Rivera changes that. Rivera is at least, by all accounts, a good boss and good to work with. So maybe once that sinks in Rivera can find some up and comers. Right now, with the current staff is I don't think I see anyone who looks like they would be poached. Not even Del Rio because he's had his turns at head coach and has failed at it. Not having someone on your staff that other coaches/owners envy is a bad thing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Morrissey1972 said:

It’s water under the bridge, but we missed an opportunity to have a legacy situation with the Shanahans. Mike should’ve been welcomed to stay until he was ready to give the reins to Kyle. Whatever they wanted, Dan should have given it to them. 

If I’m going with a dream coach, I’m going with someone who wins more than 46% of their games.