Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

36 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Rams just shut Staffy down for the year and are 3-8 without a 1rst next year. SB champs or not, that's gotta hurt. 

SB is the goal every year, but so is being annually relevant. 

That Superbowl victory gets engraved everywhere. Nobody remembers who went 3-8. Nobody cares about anything else. All that matters in this league is winning it all. Every year. If we can do that one year. Then damn all other years. Get it done. 

• Thumb up 2

30 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Winning a Super Bowl sucks? We are 3-8 every other year anyways

Yeah, but we usually have our 1st rounder.  You don't play fantasy NFL draft games, do you?  Without them, some of us would be hospitalized during the Winter and early Spring.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Mmm, looks like I'm back on the Heini train...I'll be in the caboose. Gonna turn this steam engine into a cream engine. 😉

One of the worst things I’ve ever read on here and that’s saying something, I read a lot of MassSkinsFan posts over the years 

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's not what I said, was it?

If after 30 years watching a team that’s consistently 3-8 you wouldn’t trade a first rounder a year after winning a Super Bowl, we just aren’t looking at things the same way. And that’s fine just being honest. 

6 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

Yeah, but we usually have our 1st rounder.  You don't play fantasy NFL draft games, do you?  Without them, some of us would be hospitalized during the Winter and early Spring.

Haha I do play fantasy and loathe the feeling of going into draft season without a first. But yea, I’ll take it if it means winning the whole thing. 

7 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

That Superbowl victory gets engraved everywhere. Nobody remembers who went 3-8. Nobody cares about anything else. All that matters in this league is winning it all. Every year. If we can do that one year. Then damn all other years. Get it done. 

I disagree. We've been a joke franchise for 25 years.If we had a SB victory in there, it wouldn't erase all the other garbage.

In 10 years when the Rams are still 3-8 and trending down this late in the season, I'd rather be a winner hopefully with a SB ring.

24 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I disagree. We've been a joke franchise for 25 years.If we had a SB victory in there, it wouldn't erase all the other garbage.

In 10 years when the Rams are still 3-8 and trending down this late in the season, I'd rather be a winner hopefully with a SB ring.

You're wrong. Know how I know. The Giants. They sucked recently. But they beat the Pat's twice. The falcons have always sucked. What are they famous for? 28-3. They're not famous for 8-8 or 6-10, that one Superbowl. The Giants have been mediocre these last 30 years, but have 2 sb victories and that gets them into the conversation for best run franchises outside of NE. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

You're wrong. Know how I know. The Giants. They sucked recently. But they beat the Pat's twice. The falcons have always sucked. What are they famous for? 28-3. They're not famous for 8-8 or 6-10, that one Superbowl. The Giants have been mediocre these last 30 years, but have 2 sb victories and that gets them into the conversation for best run franchises outside of NE. 

You're using the Falcons blowing a colossal lead and then losing to the definitive super power team of the last 30 years and the only team to beat them twice as the examples of that being wrong?

You do realize that I'm not arguing against winning a super being a good thing, right? I would just rather do it as a winning team and not a fluke with no future.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Rams just shut Staffy down for the year and are 3-8 without a 1rst next year. SB champs or not, that's gotta hurt. 

SB is the goal every year, but so is being annually relevant. 

The problem with the Rams IMO is they punted so much on the cap and draft picks that they are in theory screwed if thety can't bounce back with their current roster.  Some speculated that McVay is fully aware and at some point will walk away ala what some say Sean Peyton did with the Saints which used a similar approach but not as over the top as the Rams. 

The team that I believe has been sneaky clever with their roster building is the 49ers sans the Trey Lance trade.   I think the 49ers are set up well for a good run.  to some extent the Eagles too since they know how to leverage the draft to keep adding ammunition. 

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

I wonder what types of deals guys like him and Smith will command this offseason.

With Mike White its tricky because you got to hope its not like a Matt Flynn, Scott Mitchell situation.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The problem with the Rams IMO is they punted so much on the cap and draft picks that they are in theory screwed if thety can't bounce back with their current roster.  Some speculated that McVay is fully aware and at some point will walk away ala what some say Sean Peyton did with the Saints which used a similar approach but not as over the top as the Rams. 

The team that I believe has been sneaky clever with their roster building is the 49ers sans the Trey Lance trade.   I think the 49ers are set up well for a good run.  to some extent the Eagles too since they know how to leverage the draft to keep adding ammunition. 

That's what I'm trying to say here. Funny that the Eagles have a Saints 1rst to really drive that home.

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's what I'm trying to say here. Funny that the Eagles have a Saints 1rst to really drive that home.

It's the #1 thing I'd rail about Bruce, granted the list was long and why the Eagles school him.  He and Dan would rather make moves out of spite -- ala turn down a first and change for Kirk, not trade Trent when the market was hottest, etc.  Whereas the Eagles were obsessed and still are at adding draft picks.

Scot McCloughan for his faults did value draft picks and the wacky thing is I don't recall anyone making decisions with this team doing what he did in his last draft where he accumulated three picks for the NEXT draft during the current draft.  This team is always about now. 

Eagles are looking ahead.   I think Ron has improved that to some extent but still this FO doesn't operate like Howie Roseman who is always loading up on draft capital.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I wonder what types of deals guys like him and Smith will command this offseason.

May be an image of text that says 'Imagine unwrapping your Christmas gifts this year and finding this doozy TV: CBS Sun, 12/25, 1:30 PM PST Denver Broncos 3-8 Los Angeles Rams vs 3-8 Preview'

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Only guy in the top 12 that draft to play seven seasons for the team that drafted him.

That is a very solid point.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

You're using the Falcons blowing a colossal lead and then losing to the definitive super power team of the last 30 years and the only team to beat them twice as the examples of that being wrong?

You do realize that I'm not arguing against winning a super being a good thing, right? I would just rather do it as a winning team and not a fluke with no future.

And I'm saying that it doesn't matter what you do the other years. Who talks about the 84 bears? The 86? No it's just the 85. Who talks about the Vikings? They've had some great teams - the people eaters , the moss years. The Keenum year. But they never won it, so they were never the best. 

I don't care about being the Steelers and staying relevant for 50 years if I can't win at least one. Heck, the best thing other than a repeat may be to reload on a down year and try to go again. But there are no trophies for winning records. It's Superbowls or nothing every year. 

• Thumb up 1