Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

He has to throw and run at his pro day. 

No he doesn’t. He doesn’t have to do anything. He will definitely throw, but he can have a “tight hammy” or just not do it. 

• Like 2

Just now, mistertim said:

Is that NCAA rules?

No, I mean it would just be insane and dumb if he didn't. If he wants more time, thats fine, but he's going to need to do both at his pro day IMO. Gotta answer the questions that people have

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

No, I mean it would just be insane and dumb if he didn't. If he wants more time, thats fine, but he's going to need to do both at his pro day IMO. Gotta answer the questions that people have

But would him gaining a bunch of weight and then running a potentially subpar 40 be better than him gaining a bunch of weight to assuage people on that front and then not running (and saying something generic like "you can see my speed on film, and football speed is what's important")? 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Yikes. The crowd keeps boo'ing the hell out of Caleb Williams

If fans who are allowed in (paid ticket or not) to essentially watch these guys partake in a job interview (one that makes the NFL lots of money, sure) disrupt the process in any way, they should be kicked out. Booing in that environment at a player right out of college who isn’t even a pro yet is completely inappropriate. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

Jaylen needs to be disqualified from our board. Dude is a bust. The others are likely busts too but Jaylen is 100% a bust. Can’t even stand on a scale? Just pathetic. That’s next level coward antics. Started 5 years of college ball at two schools with advanced sports science, weight training  and nutrition programs. He has had this date checked on the calendar for months but can’t even muster the courage to get weighed. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yes, Allbright is notoriously honest, reliable and stable…

https://tbdailynews.com/pathological-liar-broncos-reporter-ben-allbright-posts-cringe-confession-to-sexting-his-ex-gets-called-out-by-her-for-lying-again-deletes-everything/

Pathological Liar Broncos Reporter Ben Allbright Posts Cringe Confession To Sexting His Ex, Gets Called Out By Her For Lying Again, Deletes Everything

Four years ago we published a couple blogs about a Denver sports reporter called Benjamin Allbright, after he picked a fight with Barstool Sports over a joke Dave Portnoy made about crushing unions. That led to a deep dive into a number of lies he’s been repeating over the years about his military service, education, and other achievements he’s been using to bolster his online profile.

These lies and claims included:

• He got nearly a perfect LSAT score, attended Harvard Law School, but left for bigger and better things.
  • Great Uncle was a speechwriter for Rockefeller.
  • He majored in everything.
  • Lived in Chicago 3 years “during Jordan,” even though “during Jordan” clearly implies the 90’s, and he wouldn’t have been old enough to remember and appreciate Jordan when he says he lived there.
  • His Grandma was 100% Native American, yet he’s 1/4 Jewish and 3/4 German
  • His family (except his 100% Native American grandmother) is from Europe and changed their name from Olbrecht. His great uncle, who was killed by a firing squad, was one of the masterminds behind the Valkyrie plot.
  • He scored high 140’s on the MENSA’s
  • Said he was in Iraq when he found out he was accepted to Harvard Law, but never ended up going there.
  • He was a walk on football player at the University of Arkansas, where he graduated with three bachelor’s degrees in History, Statistics, and English Literature
  • His father golfed on the PGA tour for three years
  • His grandfather was involved in the moon landing
  • He grew up in the mean streets of Chicago, East St. Louis, Kansas City, Little Rick, Tampa, and now Denver.
  • He was golden gloves in the army
  • He speaks Greek, Latin, Hebrew, Arabic, and English.
  • H served in combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as being stationed overseas in Korea and Germany. Yet he never mentions Afghanistan when he talks about his deployments overseas.
  • He served as a Chief Warrant Officer 2 in the army, a decorated position for “intermediate level experts of both the technical and tactical aspects of leading in their field”
  • He was part of the “spear” in Iraq in 2003, in initial invasion force to remove Sadaam Hussein
  • He headed off to be deployed to Iraq in 2003 just 30 minutes after his father’s funeral, leaving his family in tears
  • He helped build a wall between Iraq and Iran, and Iraq and Syria, neither of which exist
  • He claims to be highly decorated all the time to win arguments with random people all the time
  • He said he got spit on after getting off the plane from a tour of duty.
  • He ironically led the charge to accuse others of stolen valor
  • He tried to have Steve Robinson, then the producer for the Kirk Minihane Show, fired by Barstool Sports for sending him emails asking for clarification about his background.
  • He called the cops on both of them and said he was filing for restraining orders.
  • He successfully got other Barstool Sports personalities like Chaps to publicly criticize Robinson and Minihane for inquiring about his background in the army
  • He claimed that he’s retired after selling his consulting firm.
  • When he finally released his DD214s it showed he was in the army but didn’t show that he served in any of the places he claimed to have served.
  • He also said he was going to send someone to jail for stolen valor after he got their IP information from Twitter. 

I don’t give a **** about any of this, the guy is a weirdo. I happened to be on twitter the night he had his weird meltdown with his ex girlfriend and they aired all their drama for the world, it was wildly awkward. 

But I don’t care, he’s always been an asshole. I’ve follow him on twitter for over a decade. His football related reports are good. He’s right far more than he’s wrong. He has actual sources who actually know things, and breaks news all the time. I don’t read the rest of that crap. I see his reports, that’s it. 

I’m not interested in the guy outside of that. The main point was that Allbright is a legit insider, Chad Forbes is nothing. 

Having some sort of strong emotional opinion about essentially an Internet personality is not my style. Is their info good? Do they have sources? I’m not a fan of a reporter/radio host, I’m a consumer of information. Only the value of that information matters to me, it’s twitter, I’m not forming parasocial attachments or grudges to insiders there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

If fans who are allowed in (paid ticket or not) to essentially watch these guys partake in a job interview (one that makes the NFL lots of money, sure) disrupt the process in any way, they should be kicked out. Booing in that environment at a player right out of college who isn’t even a pro yet is completely inappropriate. 

I don’t think it’s disrupting the process at all, just hurting the feelings of a few reporters. If the guy who says he’s going to “rewrite history” can’t handle a few boo birds, well then I say good luck to him. But my guess is he doesn’t care about it one bit. I agree it’s classless behavior, but not something they should be kicked out over.

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

His  football related reports are good. He’s right far more than he’s wrong. He has actual sources who actually know things, and breaks news all the time. I don’t read the rest of that crap. I see his reports, that’s it. 

Not according to the fans of the team he actually covers:

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jaylen needs to be disqualified from our board. Dude is a bust. The others are likely busts too but Jaylen is 100% a bust. Can’t even stand on a scale? Just pathetic. That’s next level coward antics. Started 5 years of college ball at two schools with advanced sports science, weight training  and nutrition programs. He has had this date checked on the calendar for months but can’t even muster the courage to get weighed. 

:lol: this has to be an act right? 

Just now, woodpecker said:

I don’t think it’s disrupting the process at all, just hurting the feelings of a few reporters. If the guy who says he’s going to “rewrite history” can’t handle a few boo birds, well then I say good luck to him. But my guess is he doesn’t care about it one bit. I agree it’s classless behavior, but not something they should be kicked out over.

I don’t give a **** about Caleb Williams and his feelings, it’s more of a general thing in principle at an event like this. 

It should be a professional environment. These guys are trying to lock in and  secure their future. This is purely on the NFL’s greed, but it shouldn’t even be a ticketed event for fans. It should be a total bubble of football people and necessary media. Even the random fantasy football clowns they’re giving press badges to and allowing to ask questions of guys at the podium shouldn’t be there. It’s a circus. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

I don’t give a **** about Caleb Williams and his feelings, it’s more of a general thing in principle at an event like this. 

It should be a professional environment. These guys are trying to lock in and  secure their future. This is purely on the NFL’s greed, but it shouldn’t even be a ticketed event for fans. It should be a total bubble of football people and necessary media. Even the random fantasy football clowns they’re giving press badges to and allowing to ask questions of guys at the podium shouldn’t be there. It’s a circus. 

That’s fair. But they did let the fans in, and everybody knows… Fans boo sometimes

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I'm about as pro Daniels as anybody other than our proud LSU/Louisiana battalion of newly minted Commanders fans, but this is serious.

Daniels is now officially off my board of qbs worth taking at pick 2-- until we get a legitimate weight on him, either at his pro day or when he comes to visit us.

The reality is we have no earthly idea what he weighs or how tall he really is. The numbers that colleges report are purely cosmetic.

He could be anywhere from 190 lbs soaking wet to the 210 lbs. he's listed at.

My guess is he's probably under 200 lbs and he's having issues gaining weight; which would be a serious concern if true.

Been here since 2003 , long before many on this board :cheers:

• Thumb up 2

14 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I'm not sure what this means...everyone is reporting things that directly contradict another person's report lol!

I’ve said this before.  It’s lying season.  

There is no flying up the boards.  The media frenzy and the draftniks basically know nothing.  

The only people who really know anything are the GMs, head coaches, and a few other top personnel executives per team.  

In our cases I’d assume that was Peters, Quinn, Newmark and maybe Gribble who’s the director of college scouting.  

I guarantee you none of those people are telling anything accurate to any reporter. About their grades, who is rising, what they think, nothing.  

ESPN was BRILLIANT years ago when they invented Todd McShay to be the foil to Mel Kiper.  Because when they did that, now they can argue about things without having any real information from any decision makers and have a good television show for 3 months.  Todd’s gone, because the entire industry has basically taken his place so paying the one guy was irrelevant.

98% of the information you see is planted by agents.   

2% are things teams want to get out for some PR reason.  It’s not because they are trying to fool another team.  

The actual “news” will be reported by Ian Rappaport or Schefty.  Like when we release players.

If they say something, it’s worth paying attention to because they were told directly.  The question is, are they doing an agent a favor or is it from the team.  

• Like 4

I'm leaning more towards @Connon this one. I get that these guys should definitely be able to take some boos, but it's not so much about them as it is about people comporting themselves with some level of dignity and class at such an event. It's not a ****ing game where you're drinking beers and screaming and cheering or booing. Save that crap for then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not according to the fans of the team he actually covers:

You are too invested in this, please stop quoting me about it. Definitely don’t post super specific (and low traffic) Reddit links that you searched up about it.

You’re making me defend a guy I do not care about when my entire point is that for what I care about, as a consumer of information on twitter—as a national “insider” breaking news—Allbright is good and very reliable when he actually reports something. Even when he soft reports it as a strong rumor, good track record.

I don’t care about his weird personality, internet beefs, or Broncos radio stuff. He’s got like a 4 hour radio show every night as his main job covering the broncos. I don’t really care what he’s wrong about on that. It’s irrelevant to me.

Again, for my purpose only—national insider reports—I’ve followed the guy for over ten years and seen plenty of good information. He clearly cultivates and benefits from real sources, nationally. I do not care beyond that. I especially don’t care what a specific fanbase thinks about anything involving coverage of their own team, having been here for approaching 20 years and seeing peoples’ idiocy in that regard every day. 

• Haha 1

All I know about Caleb is he has a GREAT rep at USC and at Gonzaga High.  Everything else is just noise.

He's going 1 unless the Bears are nuts.

No matter who we take, I feel like the Kingsbury hire was fantastic. He's going to make the transition so much easier for a college QB.

The national media doesn't seem to grasp how terrible Bienemy was -- or last year's entire staff. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

All I know about Caleb is he has a GREAT rep at USC and at Gonzaga High.  Everything else is just noise.

He's going 1 unless the Bears are nuts.

No matter who we take, I feel like the Kingsbury hire was fantastic. He's going to make the transition so much easier for a college QB.

The national media doesn't seem to grasp how terrible Bienemy was -- or last year's entire staff. 

Agreed the Kingsbury hire was great.

9 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

:lol: this has to be an act right? 

No. There are massive questions about your weight and you show up and refuse to weigh in. Indianapolis is 700 feet above sea level. Baton Rouge is 60 feet above sea level.  The difference would be a small fraction of an ounce so negligible it would not be statistically significant on the scale. 

Not passing is understandable. He wants to showcase with his own guys and control the environment. Not weighing in is absolutely unacceptable. How did he do medicals without height and weight? 

The guy is obviously a complete fraud and doesn’t deserve any consideration as the 2nd pick. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Conn said:

I would bet he doesn’t run at his pro day and we never get a 40 for him. He’ll just do the scripted passing, maybe some of the other measurables. But he can’t maximize for weight and for 40 speed at the same time and he doesn’t want to appear slower than expected, so my official guess is he just won’t run

Yeah, it’s what I would do if I was in his position. I would gain tons of weight to try and get to 210 (215 if possible, but I doubt it). Then, I would either claim sore hammy or say “take a look at the tape for my speed.” What does it matter what he runs? He’s not a 4.3 guy to my eyes so if he runs a 4.4 or a 4.5. He’s fast as hell, no one is debating that. 

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 1