Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

18 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I mean, isn’t it all just a big posturing game. The basic eye test can tell you quite a lot about a prospect. The enormous intangible is the prospect itself, person, habits, work ethic, desire, passion for football.…

The easy thing is analysing historic performance and base fundamentals of play, is that part really difficult ….

If evaluating College QBs and projecting them into the NFL was easy really smart people wouldn’t make mistakes like Trey Lance, Zach Wilson or Sam Darnold. And that’s just recently.

Hard to get between the ears of a 22 year old who just got given millions of dollars. 

• Like 2

Just now, MartinC said:

If evaluating College QBs and projecting them into the NFL was easy really smart people wouldn’t make mistakes like Trey Lance, Zach Wilson or Sam Darnold. And that’s just recently.

Hard to get between the ears of a 22 year old who just got given millions of dollars. 

It is super difficult, that's why when I mention 'analysts' I am talking about people like Riddick, Simms, Orlovsky, Jeremiah, Brooks, Waldman, people who have been doing it for years, who have a history of scouting QBs that I can refer to, who have more hits than misses and who flat out know more than a random Twitter user. I watch tape and film but I would never pretend to know more than Riddick or people who actually have played the game, been in the league, worked for an NFL team, etc. 

Nobody is going to be right all the time

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

It is super difficult, that's why when I mention 'analysts' I am talking about people like Riddick, Simms, Orlovsky, Jeremiah, Brooks, Waldman, people who have been doing it for years, who have a history of scouting QBs that I can refer to, who have more hits than misses and who flat out know more than a random Twitter user. I watch tape and film but I would never pretend to know more than Riddick or people who actually have played the game, been in the league, worked for an NFL team, etc. 

Nobody is going to be right all the time

Mike Mayock....LOL

51 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Lots of people loved Stroud. Reich apparently wanted him.  Projecting Levis over him and now killing people who have some questions about Maye is hilarious.  Good Lord, he had Tanner McKee ranked higher. It's clear this guy likes QBs with certain measurable and appearance. 

Who in here is "killing people" who have some questions about Maye? Even people who like Maye say there are legitimate questions about him.

Edited by mistertim

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

I don't want to cloud the board with too many confusing images. So I spent a lot of time trying to work on this image this weekend. Let me know if you can understand it. This is QB sacks since 2019. I wont get into the details of the debugging of why the image was wrong but I was too excited about getting an image and got the wrong image to display. This one should be better and show more correlation. 

image.png.d522537dea2bb36bd338ae2a6fd73e70.png

Thanks for this.

My takeaway here is that Howell was prodigiously bad at eating sacks and losing yards. 2021 Malik Willis takes the cake but 2021 Howell was terrible too and I see 2019 Howell up down there too.

Can't find 2020 Howell, I guess he's somewhere in the jumbled mess.

Maye looks to be in the neighborhood of most guys.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Now watching Mahomes dice em up…gimme the pocket passer again LOL

Not that Maye is as good as Mahomes…not yet ;)

Makes me look really hard at Maye or Williams. Would really like to see Williams in B&G.

If caleb is really the next mahomes, if the bears are trading the pick away, then you gotta get up to number 1 and get him. Even if it cost the #2 overall and another 2 firsts, you still gotta think about it.

That skill set in today's game is what you need.

Just now, mac8887 said:

If caleb is really the next mahomes, if the bears are trading the pick away, then you gotta get up to number 1 and get him. Even if it cost the #2 overall and another 2 firsts, you still gotta think about it.

That skill set in today's game is what you need.

I think we call Chicago to at least inquire. Remember Peters was part of the FO that traded up for Lance. Now that was more of a Kyle move I believe but still. 

But I think theyll be happy with Maye. He also has elite traits and will fit Ben Johnson’s offense perfectly with his ability to attack the middle of the field.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I think we call Chicago to at least inquire. Remember Peters was part of the FO that traded up for Lance. Now that was more of a Kyle move I believe but still. 

But I think theyll be happy with Maye. He also has elite traits and will fit Ben Johnson’s offense perfectly with his ability to attack the middle of the field.

Got to find out the cost, but I agree that Maye would be fine as well.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Maye is not even close to caleb when it comes to improvised passing. Daniels moves better than maye in the pocket as well, he just doesn't like to throw it once he starts moving. I don't see us passing on either of them for maye.

The unc vs uva game this year soured me on maye a little. Uva sucks and made maye look mediocre.

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 1

Edit: wrong thread 

3 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Maye is not even close to caleb when it comes to improvised passing. Daniels moves better than maye in the pocket as well, he just doesn't like to throw it once he starts moving. I don't see us passing on either of them for maye.

The unc vs uva game this year soured me on maye a little. Uva sucks and made maye look mediocre.

Mayes weakness is improvizing I agree but he’s elite at almost everything else and his game translates best to the NFL. Hes also younger than every other prospect.

Edited by Warhead36

3 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I disagree on the UVA game. I am a Virginia fan and initially had the same thoughts as you. Rewatching that game however to see Maye and not the Hoos, I realized Maye had a good game. UVA played incredible that game and Maye still had a chance to win at the end.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

I disagree on the UVA game. I am a Virginia fan and initially had the same thoughts as you. Rewatching that game however to see Maye and not the Hoos, I realized Maye had a good game. UVA played incredible that game and Maye still had a chance to win at the end.

UVA fan here also, nice to see another fellow wahoo here. I agree, that game was more about how good UVAs offense was that day and not how Maye played. Folks also need to know that Mack Brown is good for 2 to 3 losses every year after fast starts. If you put Maye on this year's LSU team and surround him with their talent then he might be the one going #1 overall 

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Edit: wrong thread 

Mayes weakness is improvizing I agree but he’s elite at almost everything else and his game translates best to the NFL. Hes also younger than every other prospect.

I'd argue with mahomes and Lamar winning multiple mvps, williams and daniels games translate better. The only trait that maye has that we know for sure is better than the other 2 is size and power running. He looks to have a slightly stronger arm, but all 3 can make every throw.

It'll be hard for us fans to tell who reads defenses better or who goes through their reads better until they start playing in the nfl. We don't know how much leeway jaydens and Caleb's college coaches gave them, they might not of harped to much on getting the ball out quick because they are both so special at creating. Hopefully the new fo and coaching staff figures it out pre-draft. They'll get to interview the players and their coaches, and hopefully pick the right one. All 3 look promising.

8 minutes ago, oldskoolfan said:

UVA fan here also, nice to see another fellow wahoo here. I agree, that game was more about how good UVAs offense was that day and not how Maye played. Folks also need to know that Mack Brown is good for 2 to 3 losses every year after fast starts. If you put Maye on this year's LSU team and surround him with their talent then he might be the one going #1 overall 

I'm a uva fan as well, but maye didn't look great that game, especially in the 1st half. There were times this year where uncs offense would hit some serious lulls, kind of in the mold of the uva basketball offense. I wish he would've put the team on his back doe. Both daniels and Williams have that superman trait that I didn't see in maye. He may have it though, he could easily turn out to be better than the other 2.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bearrock said:

I think "legitimate NFL starter" has a wide room for interpretation.  His other tweets seem to indicate that his opinion of Stroud is pretty low.  But yeah, bad is probably overstating on my part, but the lead up to last year's draft is full of negative tweets about Stroud, below being some samples.

Crackpot