Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

You have to be able to make anticipation throws in the middle of the field into tight windows. Daniels has not shown that ability. Maybe he can learn to. Maybe he cant.

I seen pundits say that one of jaydens best abilities is layering the ball over the middle

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

I seen pundits say that one of jaydens best abilities is layering the ball over the middle

Its not. Hes a sideline thrower. And cant throw with anticipation.

Hes RG3 2.0 except older and hopefully not with the same ego or body fragility.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Are the same people who said "Daniels is nothing like Lamar" now using Lamar's play as an excuse not to draft Daniels? It would be hilarious if it wasn't so predictable. 

No it's a reflection on people wanting quarterbacks not two great dual threat players who aren't surgical from the pocket when needed. What's worse is that Daniels has no sixth sense about getting rocked and he's not built to take that abuse. Notice how Mahomes just knows where to step in and out of the pocket? He doesn't even have to run that much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Source? Link? Have you watched his cutups?

I think the one with colt Mccoy also showed him layering the ball over the middle really well. 

Said his biggest issue is coming off reads to quick. I'd much rather someone come off a read to fast than hold and hitch waiting for a guy to get open.

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

You do know that "cutups" are not the way to watch film right?

Sure, it's not as ideal as all-22 for seeing exactly what routes were run, where all the receivers are, what the coverage is, etc. But for seeing if a QB throws mostly to the boundaries, or if he goes through progressions on most of his throws, they're just fine.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

No it's a reflection on people wanting quarterbacks not two great dual threat players who aren't surgical from the pocket when needed. What's worse is that Daniels has no sixth sense about getting rocked and he's not built to take that abuse. Notice how Mahomes just knows where to step in and out of the pocket? He doesn't even have to run that much. 

No its an excuse for the same people who loudly proclaimed that 'Daniels is nothing like Lamar' to now hilariously and clumsily backpedal and say 'see what Lamar just did is exactly why we shouldn't draft Daniels' and regurgitate the same talking points to fit their narrative.

But how about this? If we are using "comps" to determine whether a QB should be drafted, lets compare Lamar's accolades and W/L record to Allen and Herbert. Get back to me. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its not. Hes a sideline thrower. And cant throw with anticipation.

Hes RG3 2.0 except older and hopefully not with the same ego or body fragility.

So he passed for 3800 yards and 40 TDs and in the TOUGHEST conference in college football by not throwing with anticipation, not fitting the ball into tight windows and not throwing over the middle? I call BS. Absolute BS.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I think the one with colt Mccoy also showed him layering the ball over the middle really well. 

Said his biggest issue is coming off reads to quick. I'd much rather someone come off a read to fast than hold and hitch waiting for a guy to get open.

The guy in this video simply stated that Daniels could throw into tight windows while showing him throwing to wide open guys. lol

• Haha 2

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

No its an excuse for the same people who loudly proclaimed that 'Daniels is nothing like Lamar' to now hilariously and clumsily backpedal and say "see what Lamar just did is exactly why we shouldn't draft Daniels' and regurgitate the same talking points 

But how about this? If we are using "comps" to determine whether a QB should be drafted, lets compare Lamar's accolades and W/L record to Allen and Herbert. Get back to me. 

If Daniels is to have success, its following the Jackson route. Simple offense, one read and rely on mobility. They arent 100% the same style but similar enough. Its hard to sustain and doesnt result in winning championships. Mobility and athleticism is a great bonus but if you cant make big boy NFL throws you cant sustain succes, especially in the postseason when good Ds can take the simple stuff away.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

If Daniels is to have success, its following the Jackson route. Simple offense, one read and rely on mobility. They arent 100% the same style but similar enough. Its hard to sustain and doesnt result in winning championships. Mobility and athleticism is a great bonus but if you cant make big boy NFL throws you cant sustain succes, especially in the postseason when good Ds can take the simple stuff away.

I'm not interested in the backpedaling now, thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

No its an excuse for the same people who loudly proclaimed that 'Daniels is nothing like Lamar' to now hilariously and clumsily backpedal and say "see what Lamar just did is exactly why we shouldn't draft Daniels' and regurgitate the same talking points 

From what I’ve seen, people have been saying Daniels is nothing like Lamar as a runner. 

There’s a subtle difference there, which I know you know. And it’s still true. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, pico926 said:

So he passed for 3800 yards and 40 TDs and in the TOUGHEST conference in college football by not throwing with anticipation, not fitting the ball into tight windows and not throwing over the middle? I call BS. Absolute BS.

You can complain about it all you want. Watch his cutups and you'll see that he rarely goes beyond his first read then bails, his two 1st round WRs are constantly getting very open, he's usually throwing to the boundaries, and he rarely throws balls before his receiver is open or has made his break.

So yeah, he did that without throwing often with anticipation or often having to fit the ball into tight windows over the middle.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Daniels has shown this year that he is twice the passer coming out of college then Lamar. Jaydens been over 70% completion 2 years in a row

• Thumb up 1

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

From what I’ve seen, people have been saying Daniels is nothing like Lamar as a runner. 

Yes exactly. daniels is a better passer, but note that Daniels is 23. Jackson was 21 when he came out. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

No, thats not what they have said and you can scroll back in this thread and read the countless posts for yourself. I'm not entertaining the sudden backpedaling and twisting of the narrative. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

No, thats not what they have said and you can scroll back in this thread and read the countless posts for yourself. I'm not entertaining the sudden backpedaling and twisting of the narrative. 

Sounds like someone is big mad.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

You can complain about it all you want. Watch his cutups and you'll see that he rarely goes beyond his first read then bails, his two 1st round WRs are constantly getting very open, he's usually throwing to the boundaries, and he rarely throws balls before his receiver is open or has made his break.

So yeah, he did that without throwing often with anticipation or often having to fit the ball into tight windows over the middle.

What would you have him do, throw to less open guys? Hold and hitch and take lots of sacks? 

Just now, mac8887 said:

What would you have him do, throw to less open guys? Hold and hitch and take lots of sacks? 

Jesus Christ on a hoverboard. Why are you having such a hard time understanding the point here so many times? Nobody is saying that he shouldn't throw to guys who are getting wide open.

The problem is that he currently is playing with superior talent and making throws in a way that he absolutely won't be able to do in the NFL. Even top WRs don't get that open and you have to be able to throw into tight windows and with anticipation if you want to succeed.

That doesn't necessarily mean he can't learn to do it. But it does mean that he doesn't currently show those NFL level traits or abilities. That's a big risk with a top 3 pick.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Sounds like someone is big mad.

A childish response like this is unsurprising. I'm not going back and forth cause a bunch of people decided to backpedal and act like they didn't post a million times that Daniels was nothing like Lamar lol. ALLLLLL the posts are right here in this thread. 

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I would be as a Daniels fan too. I’m sure his agent has been throwing things across the room all night 🙂

Funny. 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1