Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

40 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

System QB RB playing QB... ~20 passing TDs a year isnt going to get him into the Mahomes conversation.

Are you talking about Hurts? lol he’s on pace for 36.5 total TD’s right now and hasn’t even had a huge blow-up game to skew things, just steady 2+ total TD’s a week. 

Also nobody is Mahomes except in short bursts. That doesn’t mean anything, he’s clearly an all-time talented guy and it’s not a shame to not be that. 

• Like 2

We've seen Hurts play up and down and it's probably not fair to put that label on him, but he's had 3 different play callers in three years and his success rate has been completely different. 

System matters.

Herbert has what? 2 wins? Josh Allen is streaky. Burrow hasn't been great this year.

Reid has made Smith and McNabb all pros. Now he has a clearly more talented QB that fits his system.

The point is we've seen plenty out of Howell to know he can play in this league, if we get him the right coaches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Are you talking about Hurts? lol he’s on pace for 36.5 total TD’s right now and hasn’t even had a huge blow-up game to skew things, just steady 2+ total TD’s a week. 

Also nobody is Mahomes except in short bursts. That doesn’t mean anything, he’s clearly an all-time talented guy and it’s not a shame to not be that. 

Lets not count those orlando pace chickens just yet. He has had 20+ TDs one time. And it was only 22.  I think they paid an awful lot for a run first turnover prone ~20 TD QB.  9TDs this year great - aided by our own JDR testing out forbes on AJ. But lets not overlook those 8 INTS. He has more than Howell! I am predicting 3 turnovers from him tomorrow, if JDR doesn't play deep quarter zone match man rush 4 the entire game. His superbowl fumble was glorious. Driving at mid field up 10-0 IIRC...

He has talent but his team is jack stacked - they just added another stud on the cheap... seems like they do that over and over while we trade away bad fits and eat salary. But is the tush push & pressing 800 lbs enough to win the bowl?

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Lets not count those orlando pace chickens just yet. He has had 20+ TDs one time. And it was only 22.  I think they paid an awful lot for a run first turnover prone ~20 TD QB.  9TDs this year great - aided by our own JDR testing out forbes on AJ. But lets not overlook those 8 INTS. He has more than Howell! I am predicting 3 turnovers from him tomorrow, if JDR doesn't play deep quarter zone match man rush 4 the entire game. His superbowl fumble was glorious. Driving at mid field up 10-0 IIRC...

He has talent but his team is jack stacked. Is the tush push pressing 800 lbs enough to win the bowl?

I just don’t know what point you’re making exactly. That he’s not a future HOF QB? Yeah he’s probably not. He fumbled in the SB, yes. Also had probably the best performance by a SB loser in history. idk why you keep trying to ignore the rushing TD’s as if that isn’t a huge part of the value he brings. He scored 35 total TD’s last year. He’s clearly very good. Not to mention the way he leads that locker room. It’s not like he’s running around getting destroyed while running the ball in an unsustainable way. It’s a sustainable part of his game and he’s grown immensely as a passer. Are you also someone who insists on arguing that Lamar Jackson is a bad passer?

If it makes you feel better to think he’s not as good as people think, okay. I don’t really care. Just seems weird to talk down on a dude that’s obviously better than any QB we’ve had in our lifetimes. Not sure what the goal is. I hope he starts to suck too, but I’m not gonna try to talk myself into it. 

• Like 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/10/28/nfl-quarterback-sacks/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wp_sports

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/10/24/sam-howell-sacks-stats/

Tone around Sam is definitely starting to shift a bit. He really needs a good game today. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Like 1

Was watching the Eagles pregame on YouTube which is by miles better than the crap show pregame we got. Greg Cosell, Adam Caplan and some others did a better job dissecting Washington than Smoot, Santanas, Mitchell can even dream of.

They talked a bit about how poorly our O line seemed coached up because the Giants crushed them with 101 basic stunts, crash and loop stunts.

They thought it was criminal for Rivera to give Howell a crappy O line. Cosell goes it’s really hard to play well with both a young QB and a bad O line.

They then extolled the Eagles for putting resources in building a great o line and trashed Rivera for how little he did for the O line and said Rivera has done a poor job running personnel, 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Pretty solid game today. 4th quarter was rough but overall, encouraging.

8 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Jesus Christ. You treat him like he’s your family. 

What was wrong with that post?? 

I'm definitely letting emotions get the best of me. But there are plenty of fans (not saying you) who expect Howell to play like Mahomes in his 9th game. If Young or Stroud played the Eagles the way Howell did today, they would be certified all-stars by the fans and media. Howell is not perfect, but today was three steps forward. Quick decisions and only one sack. His best career game by far.  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

We've seen Hurts play up and down and it's probably not fair to put that label on him, but he's had 3 different play callers in three years and his success rate has been completely different. 

System matters.

Herbert has what? 2 wins? Josh Allen is streaky. Burrow hasn't been great this year.

Reid has made Smith and McNabb all pros. Now he has a clearly more talented QB that fits his system.

The point is we've seen plenty out of Howell to know he can play in this league, if we get him the right coaches.

Not only can he play in this league, he's going to be superstar in this league. The kid has the IT factor big-time, everything should be done to protect him and help him thrive. That last throw to Crowder was top-level Mahomes type stuff. I love this kid!

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I'm definitely letting emotions get the best of me. But there are plenty of fans (not saying you) who expect Howell to play like Mahomes in his 9th game. If Young or Stroud played the Eagles the way Howell did today, they would be certified all-stars by the fans and media. Howell is not perfect, but today was three steps forward. Quick decisions and only one sack. His best career game by far.  

No but we can project ahead. He was solid today. Maybe his best game yet. But he threw essentially a game breaking INT at the worst possible time. 

Sam right now is very hot and cold. For as good as he was today he’s been equally if not worse over the last month. 

I personally would trade him at the end of the season. He’s going to be on his 3rd offense in 3 years next year. Even then he hasn’t shown to me that he has the capability to be elite. Think Derek Carr level.  Let some one else take that risk 

1 minute ago, Tyler Spiers said:

superstar in this league

Whew lad that’s quite the stretch 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stihl89 said:

No but we can project ahead. He was solid today. Maybe his best game yet. But he threw essentially a game breaking INT at the worst possible time. 

Sam right now is very hot and cold. For as good as he was today he’s been equally if not worse over the last month. 

I personally would trade him at the end of the season. He’s going to be on his 3rd offense in 3 years next year. Even then he hasn’t shown to me that he has the capability to be elite. Think Derek Carr level.  Let some one else take that risk 

In this plan, where do you think we are getting another QB?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stihl89 said:

He's shown solid starter potential and is on a rookie deal. You let the new coach work with him/decide.

Clearly a lot of fans just watch their own team and highlights of other QBs. 

• Like 3

Larson being in at Center and not having Charles sloppy ass next to him made a world of difference. 

We also sort of used the run game today to keep them a little off balance.

Do that and let the kid learn how to play in this league.

Can't let him just get pounded every snap and wonder why he isn't winning games.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hooper said:

He's shown solid starter potential and is on a rookie deal. You let the new coach work with him/decide.

Clearly a lot of fans just watch their own team and highlights of other QBs. 

I dont disagree. Just saying. Solid is fine for another year or two then he gets paid an absurd amount of money. I just doubt the next FO is going to saddle up the last teams QB

1 minute ago, Stihl89 said:

I dont disagree. Just saying. Solid is fine for another year or two then he gets paid an absurd amount of money. I just doubt the next FO is going to saddle up the last teams QB

We'll see how the rest of the year goes, but having a promising QB on a rookie deal is so attractive to a prospective head coach. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

Whew lad that’s quite the stretch 

Well, some smart team would easily take your offer.  The dude is well beyond most young QBs.