Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

wasn't one of them a garbage time TD?  According to this board, those don't count

I don't remember honestly, I just don't like the narrative that this is in any way the defenses fault because they didn't dominate. 

They didn't play their best game of the year but they did their jobs and if we had a competent offense we'd have won that game easily  

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So how long before somebody shows up and says we all wanted him to play bad so we could “be right”?

🥹

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

On a positive note my fantasy playoffs start next week and I have the 49ers defense. 

Should get 30 there anyway. 

Some of these twitter analysis are terrible. 
the dropped pick in the end zone is because of a bad snap, he didn’t have his eyes on the field and didn’t get to read things. He panicked and threw it. It happens. Not a great decision but that’s why. 

the Samuel throw down the side line was because he was under pressure and trying to get rid of it before the pocket collapsed. It was solid to make the completion. Yet these boobs are complaining he didn’t hit him in stride for a TD run. 

most fan analysis is total and utter garbage. It’s almost like they don’t ever watch football and base everything off a life of playing madden or something. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

the dropped pick in the end zone is because of a bad snap, he didn’t have his eyes on the field and didn’t get to read things. He panicked and threw it. It happens. Not a great decision but that’s why. 

the Samuel throw down the side line was because he was under pressure and throwing off his back foot. It was solid to make the completion. Yet these boobs are complaining he didn’t hit him in stride for a TD run. 

most fan analysis is total and utter garbage. It’s almost like they don’t ever watch football and base everything off a life of playing madden or something. 

His PFF score is going to be a 🗑️ 🔥.

That bad snap needed to go out the back of the end zone.  The pressure is no excuse for floating that pass to Samuel.

I agree that fan analysis is generally bad, but for different reasons.  Fans tend to blame everything on the OL or coordinators when they like the QB, even though the QB has responsibility to know where the free man is coming or to have some semblance of awareness and not run into sacks and protect the football.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

His PFF score is going to be a 🗑️🔥.

That bad snap needed to go out the back of the end zone.  The pressure is no excuse for floating that pass to Samuel.

I agree that fan analysis is generally bad, but for different reasons.  Fans tend to blame everything on the OL or coordinators when they like the QB, even though the QB has responsibility to know where the free man is coming or to have some semblance of awareness and not run into sacks and protect the football.

Oh I’m not defending Heinicke. I love watching and rooting for him but I’m not delusional. Anyone who watches football and isn’t a dumb dumb can see he’s limited.  And I’ve referenced him throwing a minimal number of picks each game in game day threads. 

But the analysis is just laughably bad. Look at all the ref/league conspiracy people that have come out since last nights game. Is there any bigger sign of a sore loser that is limited intellectually than blaming the refs? 

we have the most well built team we’ve had under snyder and look at all the people that want the coaches fired 😂 we’re just missing a qb. we have a team that’s actually worth rooting for - effort is A+ and no drama. I’m not thrilled with our OC - but i also know it’s hard to grade everyone when you aren’t in the meeting rooms and don’t know when it’s poor execution and when it’s bad OC decision making. But people want to blow it all up 😂 

it’s just laughable. People are more interested in being mad (about a team that won’t go anywhere, and is stuck decision making wise until this sale situation is worked out) and complaining than being right in what they say. 

Edited by tshile

Hard to tell on that play whether Heinicke could have thrown that ball sooner.   Maybe yes, maybe no.  The pocket certainly did not collapse from the jump.

But the point of Taylor not throwing to WRs in stride and under throwing balls isn't wild.

I'll give him that he aired out a couple of deep balls showing some arm.  but the thing is with weak arm QBs it's exposed more when they can't get their full body into the throw or on those 2nd level-3rd level outs. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 8.26.21 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise

The team is on life support and we basically have to win out to make the playoffs. Make the change to Wentz, what do we have to lose.

I watch the same bland boring offense every week so don't expect different results if you don't make changes.

Edited by JSSkinz

38 minutes ago, tshile said:

the Samuel throw down the side line was because he was under pressure and trying to get rid of it before the pocket collapsed. It was solid to make the completion. Yet these boobs are complaining he didn’t hit him in stride for a TD run. 

Not a great decision? It was an awful decision. If you aren't looking why would you throw it? It makes no sense and no excuse should be given for Taylor's awful play there.

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

Great, now we're nitpicking.   TH almost threw another INT...TH should have hit Samuel in stride....Etc...

Nit picking? Dude, your schtick is ridiculous. That pass in the end zone on the bad snap play should have 100% been an interception and we're lucky we can even talk about the two bad calls.

• Like 4

Just now, KDawg said:

Not a great decision? It was an awful decision. If you aren't looking why would you throw it? It makes no sense and no excuse should be given for Taylor's awful play there.

yeah I dont disagree. 

but there’s a difference between just flipping out and stomping your feet and saying - oh yeah I see what happened there and why it went that way 

We have plenty of examples of not ****ty qb’s making bad mistakes when the snap is completely botched. And we’ve seen Heinicke make great plays on botched snaps in critical moments. 

there’s plenty of ways to be critical without harping on a play that was botched from the start by someone else. 

I guess some people have unrealistic expectations so they get really upset when things go wrong. Heinicke is who he’s always been, and we got what he is last night and some people seem to be surprised 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

and we got what he is last night and some people seem to be surprised

Nobody is surprised, vindicated maybe but certainly not surprised. 

I don't want heinicke to fail and I'm not happy about last night because he did.

I went to bed upset just like every other person on here but I'm tired of being pissed on an being told it's rain.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

yeah I dont disagree. 

but there’s a difference between just flipping out and stomping your feet and saying - oh yeah I see what happened there and why it went that way 

We have plenty of examples of not ****ty qb’s making bad mistakes when the snap is completely botched. And we’ve seen Heinicke make great plays on botched snaps in critical moments. 

there’s plenty of ways to be critical without harping on a play that was botched from the start by someone else. 

I guess some people have unrealistic expectations so they get really upset when things go wrong. Heinicke is who he’s always been, and we got what he is last night and some people seem to be surprised 🤷‍♂️ 

I think you have a bad read on the situation. I see what happened there. I understand what happened there. I also understand that the entire decision by Heinicke there is the same decision he's made many times and gotten lucky it didn't result in a turnover to destroy this team. 

Being understanding of WHY doesn't excuse the result.

It's not an unrealistic expectation to expect the guy that is playing because of his "moxie" to not do something like that. You are a QB in the NFL.

For the record, I feel equally about that as I do about the whole Patriots end of game scenario yesterday. Inexcusable. 

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nit picking? Dude, your schtick is ridiculous. That pass in the end zone on the bad snap play should have 100% been an interception and we're lucky we can even talk about the two bad calls.

At least you admit there was a bad snap.   Any other "turnover worthy" plays?