Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

But his record as regular season starter is still 11-9.

12-9 actually. Math must be failing you as well :P (oh come on I had to!)

2-1 (weeks 2-4 last season)

0-4 (first 4 game losing streak)

4-0 (4 game winning streak)

1-3 (his finall 4 starts last season)

5–1 (6 games starting so far this year)

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

12-9 actually. Math must be failing you as well :P (oh come on I had to!)

2-1 (weeks 2-4 last season)

0-4 (first 4 game losing streak)

4-0 (4 game winning streak)

1-3 (his finall 4 starts last season)

5–1 (6 games starting so far this year)

He's 4-1 this year.   You're all failing!   

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I kindof think math is just failing him. 

No he was right, I was off by one game because of the Gilbert loss but I stand by my point, if you do the ole price is right yodeling hiker and hit the button right where you want to frame it you can make his record look better than it is.

But hey I'll take the win streak it's certainly better than losing.

Edited by redskinss

4 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

4-1 Has only started 5 games this season...come on, guys lol

Crap. It’s the 5 wins in the last 6 games overall that failed me there. 

nevermindddd 

or, I was just getting ahead of myself by counting the falcons game as a win already ;) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I blame @Voice_of_Reason...his "Cookey went bananas" typo tore a rip in the space-time continuum and merged this thread with 47 other QB threads from alternate universes.

I need a gif of Kirk yelling “it’s not my fault!” as he threw an INT because Ryan Grant fell down.  I think against the Falcons.  It would be the perfect meme for this moment.  

Sometimes the internet fails me.  This is one of those times.  

So I’ll go with this as my other response….

B9D2FDC4-0D03-42B4-B8D4-91BE5A9CE438.gif.84a7a86506b554b91b78abedf794c8e8.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I need a gif of Kirk yelling “it’s not my fault!” as he threw an INT because Ryan Grant fell down.  I think against the Falcons.  It would be the perfect meme for this moment.  

Sometimes the internet fails me.  This is one of those times.  

So I’ll go with this as my other response….

B9D2FDC4-0D03-42B4-B8D4-91BE5A9CE438.gif.84a7a86506b554b91b78abedf794c8e8.gif

Not Kirk but I could totally see this for you lol

BitterSerpentineIslandwhistler-max-1mb.g

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t think they can.  I mean, sure they can, but tag and trade actually is not allowed in the CBA.  There has to be intention of retaining the player.  How you prove that, no idea.  

I think there is a sneaky chance they re-sign Jimmy though and trade the other guy.  They might look like fools for trading up and it not working out, but I’m not sure how you can mess with success. Hell, Ron can’t even bench the 45th most talented QB in the league because they run the ball 50 times a game, play good defense and wins, and the guy is beloved in rge locker room because he give out free Jordan’s.  

If Ron can’t bench Hienicke (and shouldn’t) then how the hell do the 49ers go away from a QB who had them in the playoffs every year and go them to a SB (so far, maybe 2 depending on how this year ends up)? 

I don’t think they can either.  

Brees has a perfectly fine NFL arm, even a god one, until the last year or so when Father Time caught up to him.

I'd be shocked if they traded Lance. They spent three 1st round picks on him. I doubt they see Jimmy G as the future. They've been around him for a long time and have determined that he's not the guy. I sorta doubt one strong season would make them suddenly change their mind and jettison the young QB they traded up for unless he is absolutely horrific and they truly see him as a lost cause.

And if they think Lance is bad enough that they're willing to trade him at this point, and adding that he's coming off a serious injury, I doubt they'd get much for him. I think it would be more likely that they'd do a non-exclusive tag on Jimmy G and see if they could maybe get two 1sts for him...though even with him having a very good season I think that's unlikely. I'm guessing the Wilson trade may have made teams a bit wary about giving up enormous draft hauls for a QB...and Wilson is a future HoF QB.

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'd be shocked if they traded Lance. They spent three 1st round picks on him. I doubt they see Jimmy G as the future. They've been around him for a long time and have determined that he's not the guy. I sorta doubt one strong season would make them suddenly change their mind and jettison the young QB they traded up for unless he is absolutely horrific and they truly see him as a lost cause.

And if they think Lance is bad enough that they're willing to trade him at this point, and adding that he's coming off a serious injury, I doubt they'd get much for him. I think it would be more likely that they'd do a non-exclusive tag on Jimmy G and see if they could maybe get two 1sts for him...though even with him having a very good season I think that's unlikely. I'm guessing the Wilson trade may have made teams a bit wary about giving up enormous draft hauls for a QB...and Wilson is a future HoF QB.

I dunno.  I hear everything you’re saying, but let’s say they get to the NFC championship game again.  That would give Jimmy G 3 NFC championship game appearances and a SB appearance in what, 5 years?  Thats tough to give up on ASI for a guy who hasn’t played and got hurt and would be going into year 3.  With, probably, a top-3 roster in the NFC.  

Jimmy G. is TH except with a 30% better arm.  Almost all the other traits are there.  Players love him, great locker room guy, makes plays you wouldn’t think possible, ok mobility.  

It’s actually remarkable how similar they are, except Jimmy has an NFL starters arm and TH does not.  

16 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Yeah I don't think it makes sense to blow anything up, this roster is too into the process of being built and I actually think it is pretty close to taking the next step.  

It would be fitting that snyder sells the team right as it appears to be being built correctly, forcing a persons of lame duck ownership where someone like Payne walks because a deal can’t be made. 

which, not to go too far off topic, but that situation irks me. My gut says let someone else pay him big bucks for a guy that put up huge numbers for us in a contest year. 

but by all accounts he’s young, he hasn’t had health issues, and his biggest issue was consistency and if hes fixed that maybe he’s worth dumping big bucks into for 4-5 year contract

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jimmy G. is TH except with a 30% better arm.  Almost all the other traits are there.  Players love him, great locker room guy, makes plays you wouldn’t think possible, ok mobility.  

Do you feel like Jimmy G would/could do the pylon dive like Heinicke did against the Bucs? I don't really follow JG's games, he just seems too tall to do something like that lol...

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

So what does Wentz have to improve on in order to be worthy of starting here next year?

Everything. He appears lost and can’t read defense. He can’t move. His accuracy was terrible. And he’s got baggage with an attitude problem. 

I don’t even see the point. Roll with TH and Howell unless an opportunity presents itself. 

given the state of the team, I would thinking swinging big and missing hurts more than patiently waiting for the right opportunity. 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I dunno.  I hear everything you’re saying, but let’s say they get to the NFC championship game again.  That would give Jimmy G 3 NFC championship game appearances and a SB appearance in what, 5 years?  Thats tough to give up on ASI for a guy who hasn’t played and got hurt and would be going into year 3.  With, probably, a top-3 roster in the NFC.  

It’s actually remarkable how similar they are, except Jimmy has an NFL starters arm and TH does not.  

Yeah I get you, but at the same time I'm sure they're well aware of his limitations and his relatively poor performance in the postseason overall. I doubt they're under any illusions that those SF teams carried Jimmy G and not the other way around.

Doesn't mean they don't like him, but they clearly seem to feel the same way about him as our coaches do about Heinicke: great guy, good locker room person who teammates like, enough talent to succeed with great pieces around him, but not a true franchise QB.

And you're right. He is eerily similar to Heinicke, but has a legit NFL arm. Though this year he seems to be killing it, so who knows. But I'd still be super wary of taking his stats this year and assuming it would stay that way vs reverting back to the mean.