Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@NoCalMike exactly.

I'm getting tired of Taylor getting credit for winning games the defense clearly is.

If for any reason it makes the conversation more complicated then it needs to be.

I know some may take me as a Taylor Hater, but I just want to the conversation to stay honest and true to what's actually best for the team.

The last 5 games on the schedule look nothing like the Texans, and it's gonna determine our season whether we even get in the playoffs or not.

Yes exactly.  If people were more willing to say "Right now, the rest of the team is making it possible to win with mediocre QB play" instead of "No, Heinicke is actually good" then I would probably just zip my lips about the entire subject for the rest of the season, but alas, I keep having to hear that 15/27 for 190 yards is good because Heinicke has moxie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm nervous...

The argument can be made the Texans are so bad any of the Howell, Taylor, Wentz as a starter coulda won that game.

Decisions do need to be made not just on what is happening for 2022, but the plan for 2023.

Promising Taylor the staring job for 2022, if thats the eventual plan, and spending all offseason replacing him is dead ass wrong.  Business, but wrong.

How could that possibly be wrong?  2022 has nothing to do with 2023 at this point.  It’s obvious Wentz is not coming back at $33M.  And it’s obvious that Heinicke isn’t close to good enough to enter a season as the anointed starter.  Every measure to replace him should be considered.

Draft position is shot.  All that matters at this point is trying to win as many games as possible, which has zero to do with 2023.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I think its just coincidental that the team is playing better at the time Heinicke took over as the starter. In the Rivera Era though we seem to always hit our stride around November. 

Said it game day thread...really hard to judge what this team is until right before Thanksgiving since Ron took over.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I think its just coincidental that the team is playing better at the time Heinicke took over as the starter. In the Rivera Era though we seem to always hit our stride around November. 

They could be doing the exact same thing with Wentz IMO if guys didnt play harder for Taylor. Maybe because of the Rudy element of feeling they have to. 

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Yes exactly.  If people were more willing to say "Right now, the rest of the team is making it possible to win with mediocre QB play" instead of "No, Heinicke is actually good" then I would probably just zip my lips about the entire subject for the rest of the season, but alas, I keep having to hear that 15/27 for 190 yards is good because Heinicke has moxie.

Who is arguing Heinicke is actually good?  I haven’t seen a single person.

• Haha 1

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

How could that possibly be wrong?  2022 has nothing to do with 2023 at this point.  It’s obvious Wentz is not coming back at $33M.  And it’s obvious that Heinicke isn’t close to good enough to enter a season as the anointed starter.  Every measure to replace him should be considered.

Draft position is shot.  All that matters at this point is trying to win as many games as possible, which has zero to do with 2023.

No...people like Ron are responsible for having winning seasons and championship runs outside of one at a time.  Consistent winners and multiple shots at January. 

How can they possibly do that if they say straight f it this season and let's jus see what happens after we lose our starter and backup this offseason? 

Not how you build a team at all, but that'd what we risking right now. 

Wentz should get another chance to prove we can get the most out him as part of restructuring or we are in serious trouble at the QB position going forward into 2023. And that will be here fast.

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm nervous...

The argument can be made the Texans are so bad any of the Howell, Taylor, Wentz as a starter coulda won that game.

Decisions do need to be made not just on what is happening for 2022, but the plan for 2023.

Promising Taylor the staring job for 2022, if thats the eventual plan, and spending all offseason replacing him is dead ass wrong.  Business, but wrong.

Taylor hasn't been promised anything more than a couple game leash before he'd get benched. Which is fair, it's not like we have a superstar sitting on the bench. But he wasn't promised anything for 2022, and still isn't being promised anything for 2023.

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Taylor hasn't been promised anything more than a couple game leash before he'd get benched. Which is fair, it's not like we have a superstar sitting on the bench. But he wasn't promised anything for 2022, and still isn't being promised anything for 2023.

And that super important in the context of how many folks want to cut Wentz.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Who wants to cut Wentz right this minute? After this season, pretty much everyone does, but that goes hand-in-hand with "get literally anyone else".

No...people like Ron are responsible for having winning seasons and championship runs outside of one at a time.  Consistent winners and multiple shots at January. 

How can they possibly do that if they say straight f it this season and let's jus see what happens after we lose our starter and backup this offseason? 

Not how you build a team at all, but that'd what we risking right now. 

Wentz should get another chance to prove we can get the most out him as part of restructuring or we are in serious trouble at the QB position going forward into 2023. And that will be here fast.

Huh?  Are you still under a delusion that Wentz is a real QB in this league?  Like, multi year starter that can lead a deep playoff run?  He’s sucked for three teams now.  It’s over.

Is this a joke???

No???

Just now, Zim489 said:

I dont rule this out solely because of ownership change yet. We might not be able to do any other moves because no is charge to sign the checks. 

You think a new owner rolls up and says yeah, let me invigorate the fan base by bringing back Wentz at 15% of the cap?  It’s not happening here or anywhere else either.

All that matters is trying to win games now.    There aren’t any viable future considerations on the table we’re sitting at.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Huh?  Are you still under a delusion that Wentz is a real QB in this league?  Like, multi year starter that can lead a deep playoff run?  He’s sucked for three teams now.  It’s over.

No???

You think a new owner rolls up and says yeah, let me invigorate the fan base by bringing back Wentz at 15% of the cap?  It’s not happening here or anywhere else either.

All that matters is trying to win games now.    There aren’t any viable future considerations on the table we’re sitting at.

Wentz is paid. lets just see if we can get anything for the $

He didn't suck for the Colts, their owner was drunk, and picked a bone on the wrong problem.

Getting rid of Wentz requires a better option, even as a stopgap, I'm still waiting, as Taylor ain't it..

No???

It's still funny, though...

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Could be weird timing. I dont think this will happen but Its not 0% either 

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He shouldn’t be here in the first place.  It was a dumbass trade when it happened, it’s a dumb ads trade today, and he needs to be gone as soon as humanly possible.

Heinicke can be the backup to a real QB.  Wentz is a failed #1.  Those guys don’t become backups.  They get fired out of the league.

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

He shouldn’t be here in the first place.  It was a dumbass trade when it happened, it’s a dumb ads trade today, and he needs to be gone as soon as humanly possible.

Heinicke can be the backup to a real QB.  Wentz is a failed #1.  Those guys don’t become backups.  They get fired out of the league.

This is nonsense hateration to look cool and does not address the question if not Wentz or Taylor then who?

Edited by Renegade7

16 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

They could be doing the exact same thing with Wentz IMO if guys didnt play harder for Taylor. Maybe because of the Rudy element of feeling they have to. 

I don't buy the notion that the guys play harder for Heinicke. The D played well in the last few games Wentz played as well. I will buy that Heinicke has better chemistry with McLaurin because they played together the last couple of years while Wentz didn't build a rapport with McLaurin in the off season due to the contract situation, but that's about it.

I think the big difference is the sacks Wentz takes. Heinicke can keep even one or two of those sure fire sacks into at the very least no loss plays which you could say might have made the difference in the Packers and Colts wins(definitely Colts, that last drive he was under pressure quite a bit). Today we could have put any of us at QB and still won. Eagles game not sure, the nervous factor might have affected Wentz but its not like Heinicke had to do much in that game either.

If we can shore up the pass protection than this offense's ceiling is just so much higher with Wentz and we know Turner and Rivera et al see that. And if we TRULY want to make a run we're gonna have to be able to put up points because the top dogs in the NFC all have offenses to go with good defenses(see Cowboys, 49ers, and I'd put the Eagles up there as well even though we did just beat them, can't bank on them having 3 turnovers again).

5 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

If I actually knew what i was talking about Id argue that...but I dont. and I have my suspicions that you know what youre talking about....so I want to see wentz again

Edited by dunfer
  • Haha 1