Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Go Carolina, love to see Darnold and Trubisky on the same roster. 

We should be targeting Winston, then Mariota according to the chart.  RR and Co. can't play around this year. I think the only way they are going to be able to draft one of the two is to move up whether it be giving up a play and picks or picks.  Ridder might slide into the late 1st/early 2nd before our 2nd round pick. I heard that Stong looked out of shape, but his arm looked good.  I'm a no on Strong just like other unless knee checks out and with him looking overweight it might not show enough commitment to the game and taking care of himself. 

4 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

What does everyone think we offered the seahawks for Wilson, my guess is 3 number 1's and Payne 

Mark, I think there comes a point where you need to put a plug on it.  I'm sure we've offered something close to that and to give more would set this team back even further.  Seattle has made it more than clear Wilson is staying put.

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

Here's the deal.  Taylor got us seven wins last year.  How many wins would someone like Trubisky or Mariota likely get us?  is a one win for an 8-9 season and a slightly worse draft pick worth an extra five or six million dollars

Between a slightly better QB in Mitch or Mariota and an easier schedule and what we do in free agency and draft I see it as easily 3 game difference. So I'd say 10-7 would be easily done but could be 11-6  or 12-5. 

42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Stafford was on the trade block, Wilson is not.   They can’t make Seattle trade him.  Apples to melons as to the Stafford situation.

This is good for the Commanders if it plays out this way.  One less team for Willis or Pickett or Corral but no mention of Corral by Keim/Standig.  Could mean something; could mean nothing as far as Corral.  Best case scenario (It doesn't look like premium vet QBs will be traded) is Winston or Mariota plus Willis/Corral and then Pickett.  RR and Co. need to be more aggressive with Ridder as he might go before our 2nd round pick.

INDIANAPOLIS – One league executive at the NFL combine said the Carolina Panthers are a “sh-- show’’ with three straight five-win seasons, a quarterback situation that is a mess and a coach who hasn’t gotten a public vote of support from owner David Tepper.

Others wonder if there is a shift of power with Matt Rhule being one of five head coaches who didn’t have a formal podium interview, while general manager Scott Fitterer did.

Amidst all the uncertainty surrounding the Panthers, one thing is clear: They have to figure out the quarterback position to turn things around and give Rhule an opportunity to coach beyond the 2022 season.

And that won’t be easy.

“There’s a lot of teams looking,’’ Cincinnati Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin told ESPN.com. “And there’s not enough elite guys to go around, and that’s something that everybody is keenly aware of.

“There’s a lot of good quarterbacks to go around, but finding the elite one is very difficult.’’

Tobin got an elite quarterback in Joe Burrow, the top pick of the 2020 draft out of LSU, who, in two years, took the Bengals from one of the worst teams in the NFL to the Super Bowl.

Carolina doesn’t have the luxury this year of having the top pick or a quarterback class with the immediate star appeal the past two drafts did. The free-agent crop isn’t stellar, either.

...Fitterer will consider trading down if he can pick up extra draft picks and still get the right player, whether it’s a quarterback or left tackle. He might be willing to go as far down as 19th because this draft class is so deep.

He also needs draft capital, having traded away his second- and third-round picks a year ago in deals for Darnold and cornerback CJ Henderson.

Regardless, Fitterer will exhaust every avenue to find a franchise quarterback. He also will spend the offseason investing in the offensive line so whoever plays quarterback has a chance to succeed.

https://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/36164/will-carolina-panthers-take-kenny-pickett-or-malik-willis-at-no-6-to-solve-their-quarterback-situation

4 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

I have no confidence in the ability of any of the QBs in this draft to be day 1 starters.

No need to draft one in the first round.

Then no need to draft one at all because QBs taken after the first round have basically a 2% chance of being great. 

• Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

I have no confidence in the ability of any of the QBs in this draft to be day 1 starters.

By comparison, some of the top QB's drafted last year weren't ready to be day one starters either but they got thrown in there and still may have bright futures....Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance....none of them had a good season. This tells me that no matter who we draft at QB in round one we will struggle to win and we'll be looking ahead to 2023 to make a run. 

13 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Except that is not an option as they have to draft a QB to go with the new name if they can't get one in the FA. 

• Thumb down 2

12 minutes ago, VirginiaVibes said:

Then no need to draft one at all because QBs taken after the first round have basically a 2% chance of being great. 

you really seem to be missing the point that being drafted in the first round does not actually make them better

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

6 minutes ago, MrJL said:

you really seem to be missing the point that being drafted in the first round does not actually make them better

And you are missing the point of what Jason Wright eluded to during the name change about getting a franchise QB in the draft. 

2 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Other Watson jimmyg and Wentz are there any qb available to trade for?

I read something indicating Watson isn't available yet, the league is waiting to see if criminal charges happen or if it's just civil.

Wentz might also not be available.  They're dissatisfied with Wentz, but they haven't actually said they're moving on from him or if he's not the starter for next season.  They just paid a 1st rounder for him, they might not want to part with him so soon.

For all we know, the only veteran QB on the block might actually be Jimmy G.

• Thumb up 1

Glad Seattle said no. Wilson is a good QB but I don’t think he’s a true difference maker at this point. Not a guy that instantly makes Washington super bowl contenders. And if you’re trading multiple 1st round picks for a 33 year old QB, that guy better make you an instant contender. 

• Thumb down 3

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

You seem to be opposed to just about everything TH related...and the only thing absolute in your post is that you absolutely don't know what's going to happen just like the rest of us because you're not the GM or the head coach. You're good at mocking people that have opinions outside of yours though....that's an absolute fact.

I am opposed to TH playing.  So is Ron.  So is Marty.  So is everyone.  Everybody else has figured out his place: on the sidelines and available only in an emergency.  He doesn’t have any upside.  

I’m not the only one poking some fun at you and @zCommander.  Everybody is.  You’re entitled to your position.  However you two are basically on your own, and honestly, the way the arguments are being made by twisting facts, making ludicrous statements like TH beat Russ and Tom, trying to contort statements from coaches FO members to suit the agenda, and a general disregard for the facts leads itself to some degree of ribbing. 

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

And you are missing the point of what Jason Wright eluded to during the name change about getting a franchise QB in the draft. 

wanting to get a franchise QB doesn't make them one.  If they draft someone with 11 that they legitimately believe is going to be there at 42 then they're wasting their pick

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

Who do you think that guy is, zC?

1 hour ago, VirginiaVibes said:

Kinda like the Stafford bit, we weren't actually in the running.  We just drove up the price tag the Rams had to pay.  We knew there was little chance of Rodgers coming here, but I guess we can all collectively just move on now.

Swung hard at Wilson, got a no.  Swung at Rodgers, he only wants Denver or Green Bay.  Asked about 40 other rostered QB's.  The effort is there, but it takes two to tango.

I wonder which QB we're going to draft.

• Like 2