Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

That is a reason not to take him. He is the most skilled of available Qb of the bunch.  We are probably going to have to pick from this group. 

JimmyG 

Wentz

Trubsiky 

Marrota

Bridgewater

Winston 

I figure we will be trying to get a qb next year unless one of them plays amazing. For this year to be successful I want ten wins, playoffs, and a new Mlb, Wr, and g. Also to have the draft picks to get the top vet or franchise qb for a major trade next year.

Flowers and Schweitzer will be our starting Guards in my opinion, I agree that we need MLB and WR, and if we Trade Payne I would sign Settle to a LTD and draft a DT. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

It feels to me like ...

Watson to Bucs

Wilson stays in Seattle

Rodgers to Denver

Not sure where that leaves Carolina in terms of being aggressive. Or Pittsburgh for that matter.

I wouldnt be surprised if we went after Jameis and took a shot at QB in the draft. But we'll see what happens.

Wildcard: Would Carolina go get Murray?

If they want Murray they'd literally have to kidnap him. Arizona isn't trading him.

11 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

The Bucs appear to like him, but I have wondered about him being traded if the Bucs were to make a move for another high end vet to replace Brady. 

Brady may unretire later in the season and tell Tampa; he wants to go to Team A. Tampa has his rights. Some are thinking Tom wants to play elsewhere; so he retired for now.

• Like 1

Just now, oraphus said:

My fear is that with the dearth of QBs this year, weak QB draft class and a lot of teams with QB needs.... Skins are dumb enough to overpay for Garoppolo to the tune of a 1st rd pick+  

I really wonder how much Washington might underestimate the blowback from the fans for such a stupid move. Talk about continuing to bleed fans.

3 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If we don't get plan A the Qb we get will have some problems. We need to have more picks so we could at some point get plan A.

Winston turnover are bad, but he has been a winner in past.  He can make all the throws. He is the best of the bad bunch this year. Remember we hope it is only for one year.

I think we should look at Wentz if the Colts have to make a Brock Osweiller deal. With Wentz cap hit they will have to give the team that takes him something to take him.If we traded a 4th got Wentz and colts second or found away to get there mlb we should at least look at it. You never know maybe the Qb works out.

No matter what we do we still need to add a Wr,MLB, and G in off season.

Hell no.

You don’t trade for a cancer. He got shipped out of Philly and couldn’t make it work with the OC; when he had his best year. Red flags.

21 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Hell no.

You don’t trade for a cancer. He got shipped out of Philly and couldn’t make it work with the OC; when he had his best year. Red flags.

There an out on his contract after this season. Plus they would have to give us something to take him. It his last chance as well. There not alot of options this year. We should at least look at it. 

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Athletic predictions.  Jimmy G to this team is definitely a hot rumor.   If its for a third like that article mentioned, I could live with it.

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 1.58.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 1.58.40 PM.png

The extension would be 35 million?

Edited by Redskins 2021

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Athletic predictions.  Jimmy G to this team is definitely a hot rumor.   If its for a third like that article mentioned, I could live with it.

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 1.58.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 1.58.40 PM.png

I'd rather us go with Winston or Tribusky before trading for JG.  Just me. :) 

8 minutes ago, zCommander said:

And it looks like he hasn't changed at all. Definitely stay far away as possible from Winston. 

Got any recent articles to show this?

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'd rather us go with Winston or Tribusky before trading for JG.  Just me. :) 

Got any recent articles to show this?

I am on board... reality is that top tier QBs will likely stay where they are. Neither of above options is exciting but I believe will garner similar results to Jimmy G without giving up picks and can be paired with a draft qb.

I also highly doubt Jimmy will only get a 3rd.. he is the only "proven" option of the 2nd tier of available QBs. Demand will push his perceived value up

9 minutes ago, oraphus said:

I am on board... reality is that top tier QBs will likely stay where they are. Neither of above options is exciting but I believe will garner similar results to Jimmy G without giving up picks and can be paired with a draft qb.

I also highly doubt Jimmy will only get a 3rd.. he is the only "proven" option of the 2nd tier of available QBs. Demand will push his perceived value up

I hope RR isn't taken by it and doesn't listen to Mayhew if Mayhew tries to persuade RR to trade for JG.  Mayhew may not have an interest in JG but he was there when JG was a 9er.  Just saying. We can better than take on millions of dollars of his contract and by re-upping our own players or signing other FAs and keep whatever draft pick (i.e. 2nd, 3rd, 4th whatever) and spend it as I have mentioned a FA QB and draft our QB.    

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can't think of a better way to add some juice to the rebrand than by adding Jimmy G for over 30MM per.  Sheesh.

I think they would let him play out the last year of his contract and see how he does w/o extending him.  RR has to know better.  JG has been injured multiple times and is not the current or LT answer.

• Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Brady may unretire later in the season and tell Tampa; he wants to go to Team A. Tampa has his rights. Some are thinking Tom wants to play elsewhere; so he retired for now.

Just been reading that. Brady likely pushing a move elsewhere in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can't think of a better way to add some juice to the rebrand than by adding Jimmy G for over 30MM per.  Sheesh.

Agreed. That’s another kick in the nuts.

Not going to be a favored opinion but if I were in charge.

1. I would draft Pickett from Pitt (hopefully he’ll be there) I wouldn’t pick Corral from Ole Miss (kinda reminds me of a Johnny Manziel type) or going even further back to Heath Shuler… kinda been hearing he’s a 1 progression type passer, doesn’t scan the field looking for more options….

2. I’d keep Taylor Heinicke… if you can draft Pickett, probably have Taylor be the starter until maybe around the 5-6 week of the season or if things are going well then I wouldn’t make the switch, buy as much time with Pickett as you can on the bench.

3. I’d improve the OL, start by resigning Schreff and then either the draft and/or FA.

4. There’s no way I’d trade this seasons or future #1’s for anyone…. Not even Rodgers or Watson or Wilson and to be honest I wouldn’t go out and sign a FA either….. guys like Trubisky etc… we have that or better imho in Heinicke and he’s already been in the system under Turner for several seasons now dating back to Carolina.

5. If… big if and I don’t see this happening, the colts would trade Wentz for a 2nd or possible future 2nd’s I’d entertain that deal, but I wouldn’t mortgage a #1 for him … this season or future, but doubt Colts and Ballard would trade Wentz for anything less then a #1 seeing they gave up so much for him 

Edited by ashlynskins

23 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think they would let him play out the last year of his contract and see how he does w/o extending him.  RR has to know better.  JG has been injured multiple times and is not the current or LT answer.

I can't see shipping a 1st for a guy on a lame duck show me contract.  You have to at least pretend you think he's the guy if you send a first, which is what the rumors indicate he'll fetch.

It's a rock and a hard place scenario, Jimmy G is clearly better than what we have, but not what you really want.  Basically Alex Smith 2.0, particularly when considering the money associated with it.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

My fear is that with the dearth of QBs this year, weak QB draft class and a lot of teams with QB needs.... Skins are dumb enough to overpay for Garoppolo to the tune of a 1st rd pick+  

As good as last years top 5 QBs were rated, I still expect 3 to turn out to be busts for the team that drafted them. This years class seems even worse. While the Skins could have to trade a 1+ for the likes of Garrapolo, that seems to be an NFL-wide issue.

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I would not trade any first round picks for anyone not named Rodgers or Wilson.  Wentz, IMO, is the best of the tradeable bunch if it's for a combo of 2nd or 3rd round picks.  

Yeah I’d take that chance on Wentz. Think he’d have that edge back in the division.

Nothing more than a day 3 pick from me to entertain Jimmy G. Ok, maybe another conditional 2023 pick as well as a 4th. Just.