Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

25 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

From everything I’ve read, Deshaun Watson has a fetish. That doesn’t make it criminal. I don’t think for one second he forced himself on anyone. I do believe he asked for some “services” though. 

Well a fetish can also be criminal. IE if your fetish is exposing yourself to people without their consent, that’s a crime. Making people touch you is a crime,etc. from what I’ve read his conduct certainly falls in line with criminal acts in most states. Not sure if he will be charged- I don’t know if there is enough evidence. But the preponderance of evidence that’s out there (20 plus witnesses alleging similar acts) suggests to me he’s a ****ing creep that I don’t want on the team.

14 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Nah, he's gotta win but he's gotta have ridiculous stats to boot.  Alex Smith won but without the gaudy stats and people were still butthurt by it.  Winning ugly isn't enough for this fanbase, the sense of entitlement is astounding.

Yeah, we should never expect anything better than the utterly mediocre at best product we've been served for the last who knows how many years by this franchise. We should swallow the swill and keep asking for more.

And "winning ugly" is just a different way of saying "winning lucky". So no, we don't really dig having to settle for winning lucky every once in a while in super close games where we happen to be playing a team that's playing as crappy as we are at that particular moment.

I don't think it's some crime for the fanbase to want better QB play than we've had or it makes us "entitled".

• Like 1

Washington

Matt Corral

QB, Ole Miss

The Washington Commanders are another one of those teams with a sound infrastructure in place that is a quarterback away from being able to truly compete.

Matt Corral has grown steadily throughout his career and features good accuracy, passing game instincts, and creativity as a playmaker. I like the idea of him in offensive coordinator Scott Turner's scheme that featured a mix of schemed throws and deep shots with an emphasis on getting the running backs involved.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-mock-draft-2022-senior-bowl

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I agree, SIP.

Most I would give for JG is a 4th.  Look at his injury history: Jimmy Garoppolo - Injury History (draftsharks.com)

Plus, what's left on his contract and wanting a new one and his stats:  Jimmy Garoppolo Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

Agree that his injury history should devalue his price.  Will see. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree that his injury history should devalue his price.  Will see. 

Is there any other vet available Jimmy G level that could be available. I know what Carolina paid for Darnold so who knows what this will cost.

Edited by Redskins 2021

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Washington

Matt Corral

QB, Ole Miss

The Washington Commanders are another one of those teams with a sound infrastructure in place that is a quarterback away from being able to truly compete.

Matt Corral has grown steadily throughout his career and features good accuracy, passing game instincts, and creativity as a playmaker. I like the idea of him in offensive coordinator Scott Turner's scheme that featured a mix of schemed throws and deep shots with an emphasis on getting the running backs involved.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-mock-draft-2022-senior-bowl

I'm on the train.  Pickett 1A and tied Howell/Corral 1B.  That can change after Combine and Pro Day.  

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, we should never expect anything better than the utterly mediocre at best product we've been served for the last who knows how many years by this franchise. We should swallow the swill and keep asking for more.

And "winning ugly" is just a different way of saying "winning lucky". So no, we don't really dig having to settle for winning lucky every once in a while in super close games where we happen to be playing a team that's playing as crappy as we are at that particular moment.

I don't think it's some crime for the fanbase to want better QB play than we've had or it makes us "entitled".

Alex Smith was 100 wins, 73 losses and 1 tie in his career.  

• Like 1

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

Is there any other vet available Jimmy G level that could be available.

I think so and didn't have the supporting cast that JG did.  Dare I say it but Trubisky, IMO can put up number just as good as JG. JMO.  If we go with Trubisky (1/2-year deal.  2nd year voidable.) and draft our franchise QB at 11 (Pickett, I hope or my 1Bs), I can live with that.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Is there any other vet available Jimmy G level that could be available. I know what Carolina paid for Darnold so who knows what this will cost.

Closest I can think of is maybe Wentz (more talented than Jimmy G but also erratic), Mayfield (doubt the browns trade him but they might, I'd take mayfield over Jimmy G)  Though I don't love any of those options 

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think so and didn't have the supporting cast that JG did.  Dare I say it but Trubisky, IMO can put up number just as good as JG. JMO.  If we go with Trubisky (1/2-year deal.  2nd year voidable.) and draft our franchise QB at 11 (Pickett, I hope or my 1Bs), I can live with that.

I think Trubisky is the way to go give him two years contract. Unless we have a qb or player we love trade down get ammo for next year in case Trubisky does not work out. Right now we don't have the packages other teams can offer.

This is not a good situation to be in.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Alex Smith was 100 wins, 73 losses and 1 tie in his career.  

Cool story. Has nothing to do with anything. Alex Smith was a completely mediocre QB for his entire career. With us he was completely mediocre until he got hurt, and after he came back he had I believe the lowest QBR of any starter.

The Chiefs thought he was medicore too. That's why they gave up a bunch to move up for Mahomes after they'd just been to the playoffs with Smith.

Stop settling for mediocrity and pretending it's something other than what it is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think Trubisky is the way to go give him two years contract.

I can just hear the deafening roar of all 16 fans showing up on opening day to watch a Mitchell Trubisky-led offense put up 6, maybe even 7 points. 

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Cool story. Has nothing to do with anything. Alex Smith was a completely mediocre QB for his entire career. With us he was completely mediocre until he got hurt, and after he came back he had I believe the lowest QBR of any starter.

The Chiefs thought he was medicore too. That's why they gave up a bunch to move up for Mahomes after they'd just been to the playoffs with Smith.

Stop settling for mediocrity and pretending it's something other than what it is.

Glad someone has said it. Just because your team wins, doesn’t make you a good QB. It kinda like the MLB starting pitcher that has a high ERA, but since his team scores a lot in his starts, he has a winning record. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Mediocre QB with a winning record.  Cool.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

From everything I’ve read, Deshaun Watson has a fetish. That doesn’t make it criminal. I don’t think for one second he forced himself on anyone. I do believe he asked for some “services” though. 

Hey - consenting adults in private and all that. And I don’t think there are any claims of rape, but there are a lot of claims of unwanted touching and lewd behavior. Too many.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I can just hear the deafening roar of all 16 fans showing up on opening day to watch a Mitchell Trubisky-led offense put up 6, maybe even 7 points. 

I don't think we can do much better. Trubskiy got a 29-21 carer record. Next year draft there is CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, and Clemson Qb.

Even if we take a rookie this year we still need a vet for beginning of next year. I would love to get top flight Qb but it does not seem likely.

Edited by Redskins 2021

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So it's better to lose most of your games, then win them. The lions are better than the Bills and Ravens and 49ers.

Because the 49ers bills and Ravens can't do anything to improve, because they're only pretty good.

Or maybe the eagles are a better comparison. Best team in the East the last 20 years and won a SB without an elite QB and the best one they had was hurt. Hell, they were on their 3rd RB too. But they won games, routinely won the division or were really close and they won one.

I get it, you hate winning until we are at a Brady level of dominance, but it doesn't make any sense.

You can be good and get better. We can do what the Chiefs, Rams, 49ers are doing. Hell, patriots were really good, with a franchise QB and they still improved. 

This attitude makes it seem like you are either Brady level dominate or the lions. Its a ridiculous argument to make.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Mediocre QB with a winning record.  Cool.

Why did the Chiefs get rid of him for a raw QB with more upside? Because they knew he wasn't a guy that was going to make them a perennial contender or take them to a Super Bowl.

He was a super duper safe game manager who could helm a really talented team into the playoffs as long as he wasn't asked to do too much. His biggest attribute was that he didn't make too many bad mistakes.

He was never a guy who would elevate a team or be able to win with his arm. He was never a guy who would go to a Super Bowl unless he was on an absolutely dominant team. Basically a Jimmy G type player.

The Niners knew it and jettisoned him for a higher upside guy in Kaep, the Chiefs knew it and jettisoned him for a higher upside guy in Mahomes. I'm sure plenty on our coaching staff knew it as well, but it sounds like they didn't have a ton of input in the matter.

11 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Glad someone has said it. Just because your team wins, doesn’t make you a good QB. It kinda like the MLB starting pitcher that has a high ERA, but since his team scores a lot in his starts, he has a winning record. 

Smith was a good QB. Very good, but not elite. He knew how to win games and did constantly on 3 teams who enjoyed winning and then took a shot at a possibly elite QB.

We were a 4 win team. Alex Smith plays we're 1 rst in the east both times.

Only change, QB. 

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

But dude!  He eats innings!

• Thumb up 1

Here is are problem we don't have the picks or packages that other teams want. Phil, Ny, and other team have multiple picks we need to get ammo to be able to make the right move.

We may not like it but this will probably be a retread QB this year. We need to make sure next year we have ammo to get a QB like Denver has.

Are biggest mistake was not getting M. Stafford last year. We need to prepare that we get a Trubisky type Qb this year. We should have been prepared this year for a Qb trade were not.

Next year draft is big for Qb and Kyler Murray make come available if AZ does not play well next year. 

Edited by Redskins 2021