Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well, that leaves Saints and TB as possible destinations depending on the outcome of Jimmy G.  Many indications is he will replace Wentz in Indy.  Time will tell.  It also opens up the door for Pickett being there at #11.  Keim always mentioned Pickett as their favorite, at least it seemed that way so if he were to make it to #11 would RR and Co. draft him there?  

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is anyone else confused on what that 2nd part means….? Did he mean *wasn't* gonna happen? Or is he implying something else?

Yeah i am listening to him on the radio.  His theory is this team knew Watson wouldn't be coming here and that made them even more in on Wentz.

Which reminds me Sheehan and Finlay were beating the drum nonstop for Watson.  Yet Wentz is the big roll of the dice to them?  :ols:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is anyone else confused on what that 2nd part means….? Did he mean *wasn't* gonna happen? Or is he implying something else?

JP is confusing at times and yes, I don't understand the second part that starts with "If - and it's a big if".

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Keim always mentioned Pickett as their favorite, at least it seemed that way so if he were to make it to #11 would RR and Co. draft him there?  

dont know.  Doesn't seem like Keim knows either for sure at this standpoint. I think if they drafted someone like Trubisky than almost for sure.

My gut is they will have Wentz in the building for about a month predraft and that might influence this some. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah i am listening to him on the radio.  His theory is this team knew Watson wouldn't be coming here and that made them even more in on Wentz.

Which reminds me Sheehan and Finlay were beating the drum nonstop for Watson.  Yet Wentz is the big roll of the dice to them?  :ols:

Ohh ok. I thought he was trying to imply that if the commanders knew Watson was gonna happen, could that have sped up the desire to get wentz, to trade him for Watson. 

what you’re saying makes much more sense 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So clean pockets are his fetish. To each his own.

Wentz is a Felix Unger type of quarterback, which is by no means a bad thing.

It's just that the great ones tend to be more like Oscar Madison in that they can earn their bones in the dirtiest of pockets -- Mahomes, Rogers, Josh Allen et al.

The "great" Jim Zorn called it the ART of throwing-- avoid...reset...throw when the pocket becomes unclean.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

It's just that the great ones tend to be more like Oscar Madison in that they can earn their bones in the dirtiest of pockets -- Mahomes, Rogers, Josh Allen et al.

The "great" Jim Zorn called it the ART of throwing-- avoid...reset...throw when the pocket becomes unclean.

You're gonna enjoy and hate watching Wentz.  :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LeGarrette Blount who played in Philly on 106.7  just now.

He was asked did Washington get a good QB. "oh heck yeah"

Said he was a good guy, good teammate

Mitchell and Finlay who don't like the trade -- I'll give them credit they didn't lead the witness in this interview away from being positive.

Finlay kept hinting all day to their being a bad story involving Wentz and Sproles but not sure what its about, he asked Blount about it.  Sounds like it was something relating to a heated argument if they would have had as good of a season if Wentz didn't play most of that SB season.   I couldn't quite understand it the way it was described, I probably got to relisten.

I'll just sum it up like this.  Some in the local media think Wentz is some obnoxious A-hole.  Will see.  I think they will be surprised when he does his interviews which I think will happen probably next week. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

LeGarrette Blount who played in Philly on 106.7  just now.

He was asked did Washington get a good QB. "oh heck yeah"

Said he was a good guy, good teammate

Mitchell and Finlay who don't like the trade -- I'll give them credit they didn't lead the witness in this interview away from being positive.

Finlay kept hinting all day to their being a bad story involving Wentz and Sproles but not sure what its about, he asked Blount about it.  Sounds like it was something relating to a heated argument if they would have had as good of a season if Wentz didn't play most of that SB season.   I couldn't quite understand it the way it was described, I probably got to relisten.

I'll just sum it up like this.  Some in the local media think Wentz is some obnoxious A-hole.  Will see.  I think they will be surprised when he does his interviews which I think will happen probably next week. 

That's the steam room fight. Had to pull Wentz and someone (Sproles) apart. Supposedly Wentz didn't want to win the superbowl if he wasn't playing in it and it was taken as him routing against the team.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

If if you watch him spiderman himself out of pressure, you'll see he's not exactly a dude who folds under that.  You should recall that from his games against our team alone.

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 12.51.45 PM.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Carson Wentz is the only QB to ever throw for 4,000 yards without a 500 yard WR.

This is by a large margin, the best offense he's ever had.

Yep.  I have been doing a dive into the receivers of this draft on and off for a long time.  But I am really diving in now in a big way.  I am compliing a comprehensive stat sheet that I'll post on the draft thread probably next week, its taking me some time.   

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  I have been doing a dive into the receivers of this draft on and off for a long time.  But I am really diving in now in a big way.  I am compliing a comprehensive stat sheet that I'll post on the draft thread probably next week, its taking me some time.   

A week ago I was feeling so desperate like this teams time has come and gone. Now the FAs coming loose and the draft are perfect for our needs and Wentz is the perfect reclamation QB, which is the best we could have hoped for. Sky is the limit.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's the steam room fight. Had to pull Wentz and someone (Sproles) apart. Supposedly Wentz didn't want to win the superbowl if he wasn't playing in it and it was taken as him routing against the team.

WTF the steam room fight!?

Damn that sounds wild. Two angry players, buck naked save for towels, trapped in the steam room throwing blows at each other (so to speak) blood everywhere until other players rushed in and forcibly seperated them.

Wow, sounds like a scene from a bad prison movie.

How did I never hear this juicy tidbit?

😊

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 4

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

WTF the steam room fight!?

Damn that sounds wild. Two angry players buck naked save for towels trapped in the steam room throwing blows at each other (so to speak) blood everywhere until players rushed in and seperated them. Wow, sounds like a scene from a prison film.

How did I never hear this juicy tidbit?

Control yourself tiger.  :ols:

Anyway, the happiest man in the NFL

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

McLaurin definitely benefits from this move.

I also hope we can resign McKissick. For the first time he'll have a qb that can regularly get him on deep balls against linebackers. 

Dyami might be salvageable with this move. Run deep fast and catch the ball. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

McLaurin definitely benefits from this move.

I also hope we can resign McKissick. For the first time he'll have a qb that can regularly get him on deep balls against linebackers. 

All these Wentz reels that I've watched the last couple days, I think my favorite is when the RB (or whoever) cuts up and hits full speed and then the ball just drops into their hands from over head and they don't miss a beat.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just listening to the NFL Blitz with Bruce Murray and Mark Domenick (former Tampa GM)....both believe we overpayed for Wentz but also suggested free agents don't want to come to DC so Washington was over a barrel in many ways. They then went on to agree that Wentz will be listed as the #1 QB but wouldn't be surprised if Heinicke beat him out???? Both don't see Wentz as much of an upgrade over TH....

It's good to hear former teammates speaking up positively about Wentz. I'm looking forward to seeing what we do on top of this move to support him.