Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

Sounds like it's JD's job to lose next week based on that last sentence.

Funny that Keim dedicated the whole post to making it clear that it is nobody’s job to lose, and why—and your immediate takeaway was that it is in fact someone’s job to lose. When he said “don’t overlook something because u have already settled” he’s explaining why they haven’t already settled on anybody, not saying that despite settling on somebody already they don’t want to miss something

Edited by Conn
  • Like 12

They're definitely leaning towards someone. It could be 51-49, or 34-33-32 if McCarthy is still in the running, but its not possible to be this late in the process and not have some slight lean one way or another. In fact I actually think its a negative if you don't have a lean, because it means you're possibly caught up in thought paralysis. If I had to speculate, I think the smoke is mostly true and that as of this moment, gun to their head if they had to draft someone, it'd be Daniels. 

My guess is this time next week after the meetings they will know 100%, and we'll probably get some definitive reports coming out.

• Like 6

Any chance we're close to 50/50 or have a slight lean on Maye, but the smoke is strategic and we are hoping someone (NE) makes us an offer to come get Daniels? I don't see us going down further since it takes us out of the running for who "our" guy could be. 

Unless the internal gap between Daniels/Maye and McCarthy/Penix is so close that we're willing to just take a godfather offer and move down and take Penix somewhere later in the 1st.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Any chance we're close to 50/50 or have a slight lean on Maye, but the smoke is strategic and we are hoping someone (NE) makes us an offer to come get Daniels? I don't see us going down further since it takes us out of the running for who "our" guy could be. 

Unless the internal gap between Daniels/Maye and McCarthy/Penix is so close that we're willing to just take a godfather offer and move down and take Penix somewhere later in the 1st.

50/50 is likely but I don't think we have a lean on Maye. Too much smoke says we're leaning Daniels, but its probably super close(like 51-49). If we really like someone we're not gonna risk trading down and losing them, and by all reports the Pats love Maye.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

50/50 is likely but I don't think we have a lean on Maye. Too much smoke says we're leaning Daniels, but its probably super close(like 51-49). If we really like someone we're not gonna risk trading down and losing them, and by all reports the Pats love Maye.

We'd need to know who the Pats are taking to make that trade. If they're enamored with Maye, and our lean is Daniels, the more smoke that's out there and the more unknown our pick is, the better our chance is at executing a trade. As long as the Pats know our pick could be for sale, the chances of us going down with someone else to snipe the Pats preference, the better. 

Obv. we can't get too cute. In the end we probably take our guy at #2. But if there's a feel that our guy and the Pats guy aren't the same, the longer we can stretch this out, the higher our chance of a pick swap. But we'll see.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We'd need to know who the Pats are taking to make that trade. If they're enamored with Maye, and our lean is Daniels, the more smoke that's out there and the more unknown our pick is, the better our chance is at executing a trade. As long as the Pats know our pick could be for sale, the chances of us going down with someone else to snipe the Pats preference, the better. 

Obv. we can't get too cute. In the end we probably take our guy at #2. But if there's a feel that our guy and the Pats guy aren't the same, the longer we can stretch this out, the higher our chance of a pick swap. But we'll see.

But the thing is, what incentive is there for the Pats to make this trade? They'll be thinking: "Wait a sec, if they wanna swap, that means they like someone we don't. So we can just sit pat and take the guy we like because they're gonna take the other guy." They know there is no chance we trade with anyone else. They have no real reason to swap with us.

It creates an overly convoluted situation. Most likely both teams are gonna just sit where they are and end up with a guy they like.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

But the thing is, what incentive is there for the Pats to make this trade? They'll be thinking: "Wait a sec, if they wanna swap, that means they like someone we don't. So we can just sit pat and take the guy we like because they're gonna take the other guy." They know there is no chance we trade with anyone else. They have no real reason to swap with us.

It creates an overly convoluted situation. Most likely both teams are gonna just sit where they are and end up with a guy they like.

Yeah, you're probably right. Unless the Pats just want to guarantee their guy and we'd be willing to accept less value to still get our guy, in theory. 

58 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Not sure Daniels could have taken those hits, just a opinion? Howell took one on the sideline against Arizona head to head, It was a cheap shot should have been ejection and he got up. 

That **** made me so mad. I remember one of the fans next to me making the craziest threats to the player who did it. Not like he could hear him. But crazy to the point where people around us where getting very uncomfortable. Wild ****. 

• Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I really don't care at all about how these guys are as public speakers one way or another.

I think it’s important, as it shows their communication skills. How comfortable are they speaking to a group? How will they handle the media after a rough game? How will they handle any public adversity, should it arise? How does that all translate to being a team leader?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

I think it’s important, as it shows their communication skills. How comfortable are they speaking to a group? How will they handle the media after a rough game? How will they handle any public adversity, should it arise? How does that all translate to being a team leader?

Public speaking to the media is different then talking to guys in the huddle during a game or commanding a practice. And these are kids in their super early 20s. I don't expect super polished speakers.

• Like 1

Brian Kelly says Daniels is the best leader he has ever had. Very much a leader by example. Take it for what its worth....I guess you would expect him to say that. But here he is saying it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

I dont think it matters at all. He plays football good. If he does that great. If he doesn't he has to go. No ones career is made on the podium lol 

59 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They're definitely leaning towards someone. It could be 51-49, or 34-33-32 if McCarthy is still in the running, but its not possible to be this late in the process and not have some slight lean one way or another. In fact I actually think its a negative if you don't have a lean, because it means you're possibly caught up in thought paralysis. If I had to speculate, I think the smoke is mostly true and that as of this moment, gun to their head if they had to draft someone, it'd be Daniels. 

My guess is this time next week after the meetings they will know 100%, and we'll probably get some definitive reports coming out.

What's confusing is that Daniels doesn't seem to believe that it is him.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I really don't care at all about how these guys are as public speakers one way or another.

Strange. I’d say it carry’s some importance, especially as it likely reflects general communication skills on all levels.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ghost of said:

But you didn't post his counter points:

If you’ve followed me for any amount of time, you know that I like to establish what I’m not saying. What I’m not saying is:

Mobile quarterbacks are injured less frequently than statue quarterbacks.

Running the football, as a whole, is less dangerous and results in fewer injuries than passing the ball.

Pocket passers won’t stay healthy/are injury prone.

Also what the fantasy community values isn't what I'm valuing in the future. 

Sorry, I just saw the post I quoted, thought it was interesting, and went hunting for info; I'd never really looked into it and was a little surprised at the conclusions. I really thought mobile QBs would be found more susceptible to injury.

Maybe folks with access to more detailed research (medical journals/portals?) might be able to find better-targeted research? Not sure. Does seem like there's been a much much bigger focus on NFL injuries/risks in recent years, lots of people/groups doing research, so that's good.

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

Not sure Daniels could have taken those hits, just a opinion? Howell took one on the sideline against Arizona head to head, It was a cheap shot should have been ejection and he got up. 

Daniels seemingly runs to contact... Bad idea in the NFL.

Listened to Schefter on Standig

Both said they talked to a number of people, Schefter said its tracking Daniels based on whom he spoke to but the operative word is "tracking", the haven't decided and it can change and he cited the prodays coming up.

Standig said more or less the same and said when asking about the QBs, Maye is the one with the most variance, postive and negative with some worried about bust potential.

• Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Strange. I’d say it carry’s some importance, especially as it likely reflects general communication skills on all levels.

Talking to news cameras in no way reflects on general communication skills. Those press conferences are not how regular conversations work.