Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Back-up speak (obviously)

The only question that remains is when our coaching staff feels our rookie QB will be ready to start. Is it right away, mid-season, after a year? Can be argued any number of ways.

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Ran across this and wanted to share it. 

Dual tragedies to our starting qbs, seperated by time and space, yet linked together forever.

I vaguely remember a few of these "coincidences" but seeing them all together is stunning and  depressing...

If this was a plot in a novel I'd dismiss it as preposterous. Sometimes truth really is stranger than fiction. 

"There are more things in heaven and earth...than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Screenshot_2024-03-13-20-33-04-25_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

Loved how Mariota touched on his value as a mentor to other QBs if called upon. That was huge for me in terms of the Vet we were gonna bring in. It was my #1 mandatory quality. Marcus has been in situations where the team had a young signal caller that was understood to be "the guy". Last year in Philly w/ Hurts comes to mind. He knows how this is gonna work.

He said he would always like to start as a competitor but made sure to point out that he wont let his own ego get in the way of what is best for the team.

Side note, age looks like it hit Mariota w/ a stick. Man's got Salt-n-Pep hair lol

That suit choice don't help either. Old soul.

Had to double check if he still had those legs last year, and he does ^^.

I'm a happy camper w/ this. I wanted Mariota for years.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Loved how Mariota touched on his value as a mentor to other QBs if called upon. That was huge for me in terms of the Vet we were gonna bring in. It was my #1 mandatory quality. Marcus has been in situations where the team had a young signal caller that was understood to be "the guy". Last year in Philly w/ Hurts comes to mind. He knows how this is gonna work.

He said he would always like to start as a competitor but made sure to point out that he wont let his own ego get in the way of what is best for the team.

Side note, age looks like it hit Mariota w/ a stick. Man's got Salt-n-Pep hair lol

That suit choice don't help either. Old soul.

Had to double check if he still had those legs last year, and he does ^^.

I'm a happy camper w/ this. I wanted Mariota for years.

Man. I'm 1.5 years older than Mariota, am also seeing the ratio of salt-to-pepper shift significantly, and was thinking to myself how much I liked his blazer in that press conference. Am I... an old now??

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Maye would destroy Mariota in any open competition anyway

Just now, Est.1974 said:

We’re getting a rookie, he’s going to be a strong mentor for Caleb.

I luv how ES is a multicultural mixing pot but I gotta say its weird seeing how Daniels is spelled across various languages.

• Haha 4

Just now, FootballZombie said:

I luv how ES is a multicultural mixing pot but I gotta say its weird seeing how Daniels is spelled across various languages.

Ngl this cracked me tf up

I dont see any of the big 3 being beaten out by Mariota tbh

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

That’s still fine by me.

29 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Yeah they need to learn how to spell "New England's QB"

14 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Jacoby JaJuan Brissett

Absolutely no chance the Pats see him as anything more than either a bridge for the guy they draft at 3 or a guy who can start for a year if their guy needs to sit.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Absolutely no chance the Pats see him as anything more than either a bridge for the guy they draft at 3 or a guy who can start for a year if their guy needs to sit.

I have no idea what the Pats are thinking. However, Brissett, as it’s stands, is New England’s QB.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I have no idea what the Pats are thinking. However, Brissett, as it’s stands, is New England’s QB.

We can certainly make an educated guess as to what they're thinking. Probably the same thing that every team in a dire QB situation is thinking: "We need a franchise QB". But most teams in dire QB situations don't have the #3 overall pick in a top heavy QB class with 3 blue chip prospects.

So yeah, they're taking a QB.

55 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If we draft him, I'm gonna spell his name the way Mr. Miyagi spells it 

4 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Ran across this and wanted to share it. 

Dual tragedies to our starting qbs, seperated by time and space, yet linked together forever.

I vaguely remember a few of these "coincidences" but seeing them all together is stunning and  depressing...

Theismann got hurt in D.C.  Smith got hurt in Maryland.

(The difference between D.C. and Maryland may not matter much now, but it sure mattered until September 30, 1986.)