Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I think we know they will all go where they are selected. I think the point is that whether they are the 1st pick or 3rd is mattering less and less because more people are realizing its all about the situation you are drafted to that largely determines your success.

And he said it to Simms and Florio when they asked him about people talking about him possibly going #1

He knows he is not going no.1 anyway, so there is that too. I think he said he did not care if it was 1 or 32 the interview I saw.  It was the thing to say, he cares $$$.

Do yall honestly think Lamar Jackson would rather have gone top 5 to a terrible team and made more money as a rookie over ending up in a really good situation in Baltimore? I do not. 

Do I think he would have liked to have gone higher? Sure. Do I think he is more thrilled about the situation he landed in with that organization and Harbaugh? Absolutely.

Edited by ThatNFLChick

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Do yall honestly think Lamar Jackson would rather have gone top 5 to a terrible team and made more money as a rookie over ending up in a really good situation Baltimore? I do not. 

Do I think he would have preferred to go higher? Sure. Do I think he is more thrilled about the situation he landed in with that organization and Harbaugh? Absolutely.

He held out last season didn't he? Yes and he is glad and they are glad it worked out. 

14 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

That's a little dramatic but do you think Trubisky would forego 15 million if he could have gone to the Chiefs instead of the Bears? I do. 

I don't know what the outcomes might have been. Maybe if Mahomes went to the bears they would be the ones with the Superbowls?? You never know. Hindsight is always 20/20. All I know is when you watch these guys fall on draft day the look on their face is very telling. They lose money  as they fall down the board and at the end of the day it is a business.

Edited by rumplestilskin
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

He did not take his ball and go home like the other 3. He threw some nice deep outs yesterday and gets a chance to throw like the other 3 with familiar WR's. He was clearly better than Nix yesterday for the no.4 spot. But from day one everybody said he needed a year. 21 years old and it's what you project. Tape says your blowing up the accuracy thing.  If Maye lights it up in his pro day he should be the pick and could sit a year. If you trade down and J.J. lights it up at his pro day he should be the pick. Daniels and Williams have to much risk for me over what they can do on the field. 

Caleb is number 1, non of the other guys are even close, McCarthy is closer to Jayden and Drake than they are to Caleb. I’m just glad one of the top 4 guys that everyone is projecting to go in the 1st had the balls to throw. What were the other 3 so afraid of that McCarthy wasn’t?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I think we know they will all go where they are selected. I think the point is that whether they are the 1st pick or 3rd is mattering less and less because more people are realizing its all about the situation you are drafted to that largely determines your success.

And he said it to Simms and Florio when they asked him about people talking about him possibly going #1

It's pretty easy to say something like that when you just aren't going to go number one. Turns out that I, myself, also don't care about going first overall. 

I like Daniels. Love his running. Love his release. I think this combine wasn't a good look for him. At least show up and be measured and stay. He's not Caleb or Marvin, the unquestioned top pick at his position. 

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

1. Whatever your opinion of Daniels, sincr Orlovsky, Riddick, etc have been talking about him being QB1 the question was fine to ask.

2. I don't think he was saying he would absolutely not want to go 1, but the situation you are drafted in matters a lot more than where you are on the draft board. 

He will never go #1. They are just filling space and time here in the offseason, Orlovsky, Riddick, etc. I liked him a lot originally. The story about him, how he put muscle on, focused more on strength and conditioning and protecting himself, etc. shows a lot of grit and willing to do what is needed to be as successful as one can be with their skillset.  Just looking closer and realizing the rigors of an NFL season, his age, his lack of arm strength, etc. I just do not see us taking him. I think we wind up with Maye. 

Multiple QB's historically have found themselves on very poor teams and have turned them around over a couple of seasons, when reasonable talent is added.  Again, IMO you can't possibly concern yourself as a QB prospect about the "situation" your drafted into. I mean that is part of the challenge being an NFL QB if you go #1, or #2, or #3, off the board. You are going to a team that has significant issues.

6 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

He will never go #1. They are just filling space and time here in the offseason, Orlovsky, Riddick, etc. I liked him a lot originally. The story about him, how he put muscle on, focused more on strength and conditioning and protecting himself, etc. shows a lot of grit and willing to do what is needed to be as successful as one can be with their skillset.  Just looking closer and realizing the rigors of an NFL season, his age, his lack of arm strength, etc. I just do not see us taking him. I think we wind up with Maye. 

Multiple QB's historically have found themselves on very poor teams and have turned them around over a couple of seasons, when reasonable talent is added.  Again, IMO you can't possibly concern yourself as a QB prospect about the "situation" your drafted into. I mean that is part of the challenge being an NFL QB if you go #1, or #2, or #3, off the board. You are going to a team that has significant issues.

Except even Caleb Williams acknowledged that its cool for him that Chicago has the #1 pick even though they weren't the worst team in the NFL. Them having the #1 pick while also going 7-10 and having pieces makes it a good situation

I am not even sure what the debate is here after the Bryce Young Panthers situation. Nobody wants to be drafted to a situation like that. CJ Stroud said it, everyone in the media has said it and raked Tepper over the coals for it. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Raiders move to #3 for Daniels. Seems like there is significant mutual interest there.

Unless the Pats decide to trade down; no one is getting that pick.

The Pats had Brady , they know the importance of qb; especially after post Brady.

Don’t know why they’d pass up the opportunity to get third best qb in draft.

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The Pats had Brady , they know the importance of qb; especially after post Brady.

Don’t know why they’d pass up the opportunity to get third best qb in draft.

I could see the Pats having interest in Kirk Cousins. Just a guess.

• Like 2

Just now, rumplestilskin said:

They supposedly have interested in Baker Mayfield. I think if Evans leaves the Bucs, Mayfield becomes a lot less interested in staying with them. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Cousins has proven he is a good QB, BUT imo it has to be a team that has the pieces to make a playoff run.  If that is the case, I would definitely pick him up if he were available. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Cousins has proven he is a good QB, BUT imo it has to be a team that has the pieces to make a playoff run.  If that is the case, I would definitely pick him up if he were available. 

Maybe but Mayo said he wants to "burn some cash" and that is music to Kirks ears as we know. LOL

Edited by rumplestilskin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Not really. That was #9 to #1 last year…

The Panthers have traded up to acquire the No 1 overall pick in the draft from the Chicago Bears in exchange for Carolina’s No 9 and No 61 overall picks in 2023, a first-round pick in 2024, a second-round pick in 2025 and star wide receiver DJ Moore, two people familiar with the deal said Friday.

I mean that kind of is a lot

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

They supposedly have interested in Baker Mayfield. I think if Evans leaves the Bucs, Mayfield becomes a lot less interested in staying with them. 

He would definately be cheaper than Kirk. That is for sure. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Maybe but Mayo said he wants to "burn some cash" and that is music to Kirks ears as we know. LOL

I mean you would think at this juncture of his career Cousin's would be saying to McCarthy his agent, shop me with a team that can make a run, and give him a short list. But not Kirk. He likes to be paid. And he has enough money now for generational wealth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Kirk wants 45-50 million/year at minimum and wants most if not all of that guaranteed. Vikings don’t want to do that, so if he doesn’t resign there; that will be why.

So, what team will do that? Maybe Atlanta. I don’t see Pats paying that much, if they choose veteran route.

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think you could be right :ols:

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean that kind of is a lot

Getting to 3 is not like getting to 1, but yes it’s plenty. Far from impossible though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I mean, if there is truth to the line that Maye is QB1 for both Peters and Kingsbury then the door is firmly closed. If that is true of course….

• Like 3

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I mean, if there is truth to the line that Maye is QB1 for both Peters and Kingsbury then the door is firmly closed. If that is true of course….

Doubt they are firm about anything still more to process about these QBs. Although wouldn’t surprise me if they have leanings but the process is just starting so I’d be surprised if they are firm 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Or it is a Jedi mind trick they are playing on Da bears.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Doubt they are firm about anything still more to process about these QBs. Although wouldn’t surprise me if they have leanings but the process is just starting so I’d be surprised if they are firm 

Agree. There is so much detriment to showing your cards that publicly being firm now would be dumb.

• Like 1