Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, real quick to add to your point: When Mike Shanahan was fired, there is no chance Kyle was going to be hired as HC.  Also, he then went to Cleveland for a year and then to Atlanta for a couple years before being hired by the 49ers.  He wasn't ready.

McVay was the TE coach when Jay was hired, and was elevated to OC.  And he was 26.  So he wasn't going to be a HC candidate in 2014.

Now, I have said they should have fired Jay and hired McVay after the 2016 season.  But he has said there is no way he would have taken the job, he was close with Jay.

FWIW, LaFleur was the QB coach, and then went with McVay to be the OC before he was hired by GB.

So can we stop with the false narrative please?  

Jay Gruden coaching tree though. It’s a thing

• Haha 2

So, real quick to add to your point: When Mike Shanahan was fired, there is no chance Kyle was going to be hired as HC.  Also, he then went to Cleveland for a year and then to Atlanta for a couple years before being hired by the 49ers.  He wasn't ready.

McVay was the TE coach when Jay was hired, and was elevated to OC.  And he was 26.  So he wasn't going to be a HC candidate in 2014.

Now, I have said they should have fired Jay and hired McVay after the 2016 season.  But he has said there is no way he would have taken the job, he was close with Jay.

FWIW, LaFleur was the QB coach, and then went with McVay to be the OC before he was hired by GB.

So can we stop with the false narrative please?  

I edited my original post cause I realized the person I responded to was talking about Kyle and McVay not Zac Taylor, which I thought cause I'd been looking at some of the earlier posts and Jay had come from Cincinnati, but thank you for adding this

Yeah, 2 huge drops which could have been TDs.  

I feel like that's going to come back and be a factor later. 

Tie game and they came away with no points on what should have been seven, twice.  Just like when the chiefs failed to kick an easy field goal at the end of the first half, leaving points on the board tends to prove to be a terrible idea in the playoffs.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is one of the biggest collapses for really no reason.

Mahomes just played an absolutely abysmal 30:05 of football.  

He’s still an unbelievable QB.  But he completely gagged and threw up all over himself. 

Mahomes is incredibly overrated.  He'll win some games on his arm and legs but he lacks a certain grounded authentic confidence. No way his last half of football is on the rest of his team. I think he's going to crash badly as he has to become more reliant on his poise and mind.