Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

I'm heart broken for Buffalo. Chiefs are cool, but the Pats dynasty was enough 1-team domination to last me a lifetime. I want to see more fresh teams up there.

The OT rules are fine. FGs walkoffs were boring because you only had to make it to the 40 or so yard line. Touchdowns, you really gotta earn that. The Chiefs earned it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm heart broken for Buffalo. Chiefs are cool, but the Pats dynasty was enough 1-team domination to last me a lifetime. I want to see more fresh teams up there.

It's going to transition to Chiefs representing AFC every other year, Mahomes is just that good.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The OT rules are fine. FGs walkoffs were boring because you only had to make it to the 40 or so yard line. Touchdowns, you really gotta earn that. The Chiefs earned it.

Agreed.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

The you'd have gotten KC TD, Buffalo TD, KC Field Goal, game over.

If that's better it's not by much.

You’re probably absolutely right. But at least you can’t put it on the coin flip necessarily. This was a coin flip win. Had Buffalo won the toss they’d likely be heading to the AFCCG. 

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ranking the potential Super Bowl matchups 

1. Chiefs - Rams

2. Chiefs - 49ers - rematch from 2 years ago

3. Bengals - Rams

4. Bengals - 49ers - would be 3rd time they’d meet in a Super Bowl.

It’s Cheifs Rams and everything else is a let down.  No one wants to see Jimmy G in the Super Bowl.  Everyone wants Mahommes in the big game.  

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The you'd have gotten KC TD, Buffalo TD, KC Field Goal, game over.

If that's better it's not by much.

It’s way better than both teams not getting a chance imo. Just because these particular Ds were shredded cheese at that point doesn’t change that it’s more fair and entertaining 

Just now, Destino said:

It’s Cheifs Rams and everything else is a let down.  No one wants to see Jimmy G in the Super Bowl.  Everyone wants Mahommes in the big game.  

I don’t think you can go wrong with the AFC winner. But Jimmy G in the Super Bowl is underwhelming. The women would love it though, and therefore the NFL ratings would love it.

• Haha 1

Yea, football overtime is meant to get the game over with, it's not like basketball to see who has most points by end of overtime period. 

The defense first priority is to prevent TDs, if you can't stop that in overtime, you deserve to go home. 

Chiefs walked right down the field again, they likely would've done it one more time if given another chance,  Bills collapsed that badly on defense.

I'd change it so if the team that starts with the ball scores a TD, the opposing team has to get a TD AND the 2 point conversion. Anything less and its game over.

But really, the Bills should have held on with 13 seconds left. I mean if you squib kick it you kill off like ~5 seconds at least. That's enough to win the game.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s way better than both teams not getting a chance imo. Just because these particular Ds were shredded cheese at that point doesn’t change that it’s more fair and entertaining 

It's not though. You're allowing one team to have two chances and the other to have one. 

"they both had a chance" is basically the same as saying "you should have won it in regulation"

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You’re probably absolutely right. But at least you can’t put it on the coin flip necessarily. This was a coin flip win. Had Buffalo won the toss they’d likely be heading to the AFCCG. 

Still Bills fault for letting it go to OT in first place, KC went right down the field with 13 seconds left, that is crazy bad.

• Like 1

Just now, NickyJ said:

The Bengals have pretty long odds in my book. Burrow is legit, but neither the offense nor the defense is as good as the Chiefs are at this moment.

Yeah its gonna be a rout to be honest. Bengals have had a great season and have a bright future, but this is their ceiling. You gotta lose first and pay your dues before you win a ring(Brady being the exception).

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Still Bills fault for letting it go to OT in first place, KC went right down the field with 13 seconds left, that is crazy bad.

And it was KC’s fault for letting Buffalo score. It goes both ways. That game doesn’t deserve to end because of a coin flip. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's not though. You're allowing one team to have two chances and the other to have one. 

"they both had a chance" is basically the same as saying "you should have won it in regulation"

that’s fine, but two times to stop them is fair. One blown assignment doesn’t end the game before your best unit and players even get a chance