Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Jds0912 said:

We’re one or two drafts away from being a well respected scout like KDawg! I can only hope I reach that level. Houston is being very smart by building around Mills. 

You're a funny guy. I like you.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jds0912 said:

Somebody agrees with me! Davis Mills checked a lot of boxes for me last year too and I was screaming for us to take him in the 2nd round. I think Pickett will be better than Mills though. 

I think Pickett and Mills will be about the same. And that’s not a knock on Pickett, either, even though I know you’ll take it as one.

I think Mills has a chance to be a middle of the road QB they can win games with. Not elite at any point, but capable of winning football. 

That’s about where I see Pickett. Though, Pickett is in the literal perfect position to succeed and Mills is in Houston.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I’m actually in favour of getting a higher prospect QB. Does Willis seriously make it passed the first 3 picks of the night?

I'd be surprised if he does.  Wouldn't shock me if Howell and Corral are still there at 47.    I'd guess Ridder goes too before 47. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd be surprised if he does.  Wouldn't shock me if Howell and Corral are still there at 47.    I'd guess Ridder goes too before 47. 

Corral was getting some traction from us a few days ago

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/sports/nfl/football

SNY's Ralph Vacchiano believes the Giants could select North Carolina QB Sam Howell if he's available in the third round of the NFL Draft. 

Neal

KT

Howell

= Good day at the office

16 minutes ago, skinny21 said:
43 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m not opposed to double dipping at receiver, but carrying a pure slot guy like Austin seems excessive (when we already have 3 guys that might be better suited to the slot than outside). 

Yeah I’d probably go Kevin Austin day 3. We’ve got a lot of ways to add great value today though other than WR. Going to be intriguing.

• Like 1

My take of the Dotson pick is that they though the BPA in Hamilton would land in their lap at 16 and then their fallback in Williams went to Detroit.  They panicked and knew they had to address WR somehow.  Here's hoping it works out.  Today, they need to address the MLB and Buffalo Nickel positions.  

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think Pickett and Mills will be about the same. And that’s not a knock on Pickett, either, even though I know you’ll take it as one.

I think Mills has a chance to be a middle of the road QB they can win games with. Not elite at any point, but capable of winning football. 

That’s about where I see Pickett. Though, Pickett is in the literal perfect position to succeed and Mills is in Houston.

I see Mills being a little better than Kirk Cousins and Pickett being a little better than Dak Prescott. But enough with talking about qbs we didn’t draft. Let’s get ready for tonight. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

I don’t really understand the fascination some have with kicking Cosmi inside. He’s a freak athlete and played pretty well as an OT as a rookie. He’s development is on track to fill a role equal to his immense tools, on a rookie 2nd round contract. That’s the entire goal for a guy with his tools, even assuming he adjusts and is as good inside as he is at OT, I’m not sure moving him inside is even a net gain unless the guy you replace him with is a really really good prospect. Seems easier to me to just spend lesser draft capital for an actual OG who is like Cosmi but hasn’t already flashed big time at OT. Right? 

I don’t think anyone has a fascination with it.  I’ve only brought it up a couple of times because of the team talking about emphasizing protecting Carson, and because Keim has said multiple times they’d look at tackle (and move Cosmi inside if they landed one).  Granted, that was mostly about tackles falling to 11, but it’s apparently something the team is looking pretty hard at.

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I am all about adding depth on the OL. Because we brought in Rasheed Walker for a Top 30 I assumed he would be at play at 98/113/120. But Raimman would be fun as well. That being said, we have two solid starters at Guard right now.

Leno - Norwell - Roullier - Cosmi - Raimmann is a stout, stout OL. Plus you have the ability for Raimman or Cosmi to eventually flip to LT. But that also leaves Schweizer, Charles, Lucas as pretty high-end backups. Again, more OL the merrier, not going to complain about investments in the OL and would love the Raimman pick longterm. I guess I just assume we'll go OL in the 3rd or 4th with our added picks, which puts that player more into "backup mode" which is what I feel we need most right now. But adding a potential starter and kicking a current starter to depth isn't terrible, it just might be at the expense of adding a starting Buffalo Nickel, etc., which I feel are more important than upgrading at RG slightly from Schweizer to say, Comsi. 

Yeah, it’s far from my favorite use of resources, I’m just going by what the team supposedly is thinking.  Don’t like messing with Cosmi’s development either.  

I do think Cosmi could be a heck of a guard… in fact I think he’s a really similar guy to Scherff - massive play strength, great athleticism to pull and reach the 2nd level, but has some struggles in pass pro.  Not a chance I’m in favor of taking, but I could see it paying dividends.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

My take of the Dotson pick is that they though the BPA in Hamilton would land in their lap at 16 and then their fallback in Williams went to Detroit.  They panicked and knew they had to address WR somehow.  Here's hoping it works out.  Today, they need to address the MLB and Buffalo Nickel positions.  

I disagree. They knew those players were top 15 picks. I truly believe they liked Dotson and he was in their upper tier of players.

Edited by lavar1156
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Why do people keep saying stuff like this. They didn’t drop 20 spots and gamble, they dropped five. I’ll repeat…they can count to five and see who their “worst case” get is, and they were obviously fine with that opportunity cost to gain the 3rd and 4th. Projecting “panic” onto such an obviously foreseeable situation is illogical and says more about the poster’s POV than the team’s. Again…five spots. All they needed to do was count five names and decide if they were fine with it. That’s what every team does for small trade down scenarios. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I can see them taking a chance on Rasheed Walker. He is kind of similar to Charles. Has some fantastic film. Has some meh film. Absolute freak of nature for a OT/G prospect. 

Could see them using Walker as a swing guard and tackle and if he develops he takes a starting spot somewhere. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I have a gut feeling that Troy Andersen is the pick if he's there. We're obsessed with position flex and Troy Andersen is the webster's definition of position flex.

Still can't believe we did the smart-FO move of trading down. I think they initially maybe thought they could do another trade down from 16 but with Dotson the last WR available they had a 1st round grade on, they didn't want to risk it.

Not only did we win the trade, the quality of the picks we received are higher than normal due to the depth of this draft.

It was always Drake London or trade down and they didn't stray from their smart plan. Watching Dotson closer after last night and I'm beyond excited for our WR room.

I'd do a backflip if we doubled up later on and brought in competition for Cam Sims with the likes of Kevin Austin or Tyquan Thornton, or Alec Pierce if he falls for some reason. What a home run that would be. Or maybe @KDawg guy, Fryfogle.

at minimum we need to bring in some UDFA tall WRs to practice squad as insurance for Sims.

@kdawg, you ready to party if we take Walker or Hall?

If Andersen was the pick at #47, that would make the draft for me.  Such a multi-talented player.  I'd first though like to see a small trade down to acquire another 3rd rounder, if possible and then select Andersen. :)  

16 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m actually in favour of getting a higher prospect QB. Does Willis seriously make it passed the first 3 picks of the night?

I'm Sam Howell all the way.  Just me, 1974, It's all good.  :)  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

IMO non first round QBs are a waste outright. The hit rate is abysmal. Wouldnt take one ever. 

This staff needs to be married to Wentz 

I almost always completely agree. But toolsy guys in the early-ish 2nd is my cutoff. You can rarely get a Carr or Hurts when the board falls right and while a guy like Hurts isn’t a franchise QB imo, he’s certainly a viable usage of a 2nd round pick given the way a rushing QB can artificially create opportunity. Willis projects that way for me, Corral I’d need to see fall into the 3rd due to character concerns that Rivera feels he can work with, and even then I’m iffy. Ridder and Howell I’d be out on in the 3rd but I haven’t watched those two nearly enough to judge them as potential 2nd rounders.

Willis in the early-mid 2nd though as a raw running QB? I can see that argument even if I’m torn on whether it’s a good usage of our resources in particular. It’s intriguing if unlikely to present itself as an option. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Seems like the Packers would have been interested but they landed Wyatt and the best 3-tech DT in this class for me. 

It could still happen tonight but if not tonight DP plays this year and we hopefully get a 3rd for him but he'd have to have a monster year and I hope RR and Co. don't invest the $$$ in him.  We need Sweat more so than DP.  

• Like 1