Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If the Jets are offering that much I'd ask for more.

Deebo is a strange case. He doesn't want to do any of the RB stuff anymore and that's where a lot of his value comes from. If he's just a pure WR from here on out he's not even at Terry's value. He also has an injury history.

I think this is getting totally misconstrued. Its about $. I dont think Deebo cares about the role in and of itself so much as he thinks the rb role hurts his value. He wants pure WR money not WR/RB money. I guarantee if he got paid true WR $ hes not going to care that much about how hes used.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Jurgens v. Parham

I'm taking Jurgens every time personally. Jurgens flew under my radar and I am embarrassed to have missed him. He looks like a great OL prospect.

I actually think there are a bunch of OG/C prospects that can be decent players in the NFL. Cole Strange, Marquis Hayes, Daniel Faalele (if moved to guard), Zion Johnson, Jamaree Salyer, Kenyon Green, Jurgens, Parham.

I don't think they are all-pros, but steady centers and guards? Sure. Linderbaum is the best center in the class and probably has the highest ceiling of them... but only if he is a fit.

Fit wise I don't think he's a bad fit here, either. But for the value I think you can snag a Jurgens type in the mid rounds and get good production from them and not use #11 on an IOL. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not replacing a good center with a better center and taking a 22 million dollar cap over 3 years to do it.  If people want to give Ron a hard time for roster allocation decisions -- this would take the cake.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/chase-roullier-21941/

Roullier has an out in his contract after this season to where he'll be far cheaper to cut than keep on his current deal.  A 5.1 million dead cap hit vs 11.37 million.  With that contract structure, Roullier is going to either have to restructure or he'll probably get cut.

So they can either be proactive this offseason and get into position to take the best center prospect to come along in years, or they can be reactive and wait until the need becomes dire next offseason.

I'm not saying to pick Linderbaum at 11 because I think it's unnecessary to take him that high.  I'm saying that he's being massively undervalued.  He's one of the best bets in the entire class and he's being undervalued because of market inefficiencies in the way players at his position are valued.  The best move is to capitalize on that by trading up or down into position to get him at where the league is valuing him, and get surplus value from the picks we have.

I like Jurgens btw, but he is a big step down from Linderbaum.  This is an opportunity to go from a pretty good starter to one with All Pro upside.  Jurgens is competent starter material, Linderbaum is someone with the potential to be the best player at his position in the NFL.

12 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I just don't see the greatness of drake London. Sure he gets contested catches. Great. Yeah he's Physical...get some yac...great. great catch radius...great. I don't see great explosiveness off the line. I don't see greater route running or great separation. Doesn't have great speed. So when he's going against bigger better cornerbacks who can stay on him his one skill of making tough catches is gonna be 50-50.  Devonta Smith who weighs 110 lbs and gets bullied on the line has great speed and great route running and put up some good numbers as a rookie. Idk why we so stuck in wanting to draft the next te to transition from wr.

I just hope if we do pick a receiver that he is not like Rod Gardner who turned into a total bust.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I actually think there are a bunch of OG/C prospects that can be decent players in the NFL. Cole Strange, Marquis Hayes, Daniel Faalele (if moved to guard), Zion Johnson, Jamaree Salyer, Kenyon Green, Jurgens, Parham.

I don't think they are all-pros, but steady centers and guards? Sure. Linderbaum is the best center in the class and probably has the highest ceiling of them... but only if he is a fit.

Fit wise I don't think he's a bad fit here, either. But for the value I think you can snag a Jurgens type in the mid rounds and get good production from them and not use #11 on an IOL. 

I like Marquis Hayes a lot. Love his power. I probably whiffed in my top 100 not including him and having the VA Tech OG instead. I'm feeling pretty dumb for omitting Josh Paschal too :)

Edited by Chump Bailey

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

I just hope if we do pick a receiver that he is not like Rod Gardner who turned into a total bust.

We say that, and Gardner was infuriating... But...

image.png.47824fd893f39752878be7ea6537f4c7.png

Obviously McLaurin is a much better player. Gardner had a ton of drops. Look at the targets vs. receptions. Henry Ellard is another one for us that was targetted a ton. 

But #16 all-time receiving for us.

Granted, in general he was a bust. But for us? Scary enough that he's a top 16 receiver all-time :ols:

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We say that, and Gardner was infuriating... But...

image.png.47824fd893f39752878be7ea6537f4c7.png

Obviously McLaurin is a much better player. Gardner had a ton of drops. Look at the targets vs. receptions. Henry Ellard is another one for us that was targetted a ton. 

But #16 all-time receiving for us.

Granted, in general he was a bust. But for us? Scary enough that he's a top 16 receiver all-time :ols:

Crazy to see that a d see how short a WRs career is too. I think we get a play and want him around 15 years. Shoot by this we are lucky to get 4-7 years out of one. 

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Crazy to see that a d see how short a WRs career is too. I think we get a play and want him around 15 years. Shoot by this we are lucky to get 4-7 years out of one. 

If we were to compile an all time statistics team for this franchise...

Going 5 WRs deep...

Gardner is one player away from being on our third team.

Granted there's all sorts of problems with an all-time statistics team. But how scary is that? :ols:

EDIT: Actually, removing the TEs from the list... He's on it. :ols:

Edited by KDawg

After doing about 30 minutes of research which is far less than what I typically do for the NFL draft (not compared to some of you weirdos, some of you guys need to get a life) I have concluded that I'm all in on....

hamilton-gif.gif

Hamilton.

Proud to say, I've still never seen it but I felt that the reference would be fun for a gif.

But I also wouldn't be broken up over...

london-england.gif

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But I WOULD put RB and Center value close to one another. Would you draft a RB at 11?

If he was BPA I would.  There have been many of these threads where I've been shouting into the void to pick a RB as BPA with our first round pick, and those guys haven't always panned out but they usually have. 

I just don't place the same importance on positions/need that the rest of you guys do.  I don't care if I get a great player at center or running back or safety because it means I got a great player.  And if I have a bunch of great players on my team, regardless of the positions they play, I'm going to have a great team.  If I've got 20 great players on my team and you've got 10, then I'm going to win the hypothetical game the majority of the time even if my best players don't play premium positions and yours do.  I just saw a Stetson Bennett led team beat a Bryce Young led team in the NC game and Bama had the best kids in the country at QB, WR, pass rusher, and LT.

The only truly bad use of cap dollars or draft picks is when you waste them on bad players.  And any time you've picked an All Pro player (who isn't a dedicated special teamer) with an early first round pick, you've made a great pick.  The reason I've got Linderbaum so high is, regardless of position, he is one of the best bets in this class to be a great player.  That individual upside and safety has to be the bottom line for me.  Other players could certainly end up being individually better than him, but only five other guys for me are as safe and easy to see coming as Linderbaum is, and on draft day we don't get the benefit of hindsight.  We need actionable schema for making difficult, rapid-fire decisions about a complex market and safety needs to be a big part of that system.  BPA provides that safety because it gives you the best chance of not spending your picks on bad players.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sebestian said:

I am starting to think that RR, wants everyone to prove it, who is holding him accountable??

Yet, if we start the season 6-2 (zornish) we will forget this crap so fast, LOL.

Off topic.  Does pschrggs have the best job ib the world

Ryan Gossling jacked for tmrw night.  The gif is inappropriate.

Any job that allows him to hang out with Kay Adams all day has got to be the best job in the world...

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

If he was BPA I would.  There have been many of these threads where I've been shouting into the void to pick a RB as BPA with our first round pick, and those guys haven't always panned out but they usually have. 

I just don't place the same importance on positions/need that the rest of you guys do.  I don't care if I get a great player at center or running back or safety because it means I got a great player.  And if I have a bunch of great players on my team, regardless of the positions they play, I'm going to have a great team.  If I've got 20 great players on my team and you've got 10, then I'm going to win the hypothetical game the majority of the time even if my best players don't play premium positions and yours do.  I just saw a Stetson Bennett led team beat a Bryce Young led team in the NC game and Bama had the best kids in the country at QB, WR, pass rusher, and LT.

The only truly bad use of cap dollars or draft picks is when you waste them on bad players.  And any time you've picked an All Pro player (who isn't a dedicated special teamer) with an early first round pick, you've made a great pick.  The reason I've got Linderbaum so high is, regardless of position, he is one of the best bets in this class to be a great player.  That individual upside and safety has to be the bottom line for me.  Other players could certainly end up being individually better than him, but only five other guys for me are as safe and easy to see coming as Linderbaum is, and on draft day we don't get the benefit of hindsight.  We need actionable schema for making difficult, rapid-fire decisions about a complex market and safety needs to be a big part of that system.  BPA provides that safety because it gives you the best chance of not spending your picks on bad players.

This isn't about need, though. It's about impact.

London/Wilson/Williams offer a higher impact than Linderbaum vs. A) what we have on the roster, B ) vs. what's available at the positions. 

I wanted Najee last year. Why? I thought his value was enough from where we were picking last season that it was justified. And that is about the place I'd begin to consider Linderbaum. 

Even then, I think Olave/Dotson offer better value than a backup center in a year that we have to find success.

But you don't truly appreciate BPA if you don't include punters.

If it weren't for Tress Way we would have gotten throttled more than a few times. So you can't say you're a BPA guy and dismiss players in certain positions, imo. You are either a BPA guy or you aren't. Otherwise you absolutely ARE factoring in need/position value. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This isn't about need, though. It's about impact.

London/Wilson/Williams offer a higher impact than Linderbaum vs. A) what we have on the roster, B ) vs. what's available at the positions. 

I wanted Najee last year. Why? I thought his value was enough from where we were picking last season that it was justified. And that is about the place I'd begin to consider Linderbaum. 

Even then, I think Olave/Dotson offer better value than a backup center in a year that we have to find success.

But you don't truly appreciate BPA if you don't include punters.

If it weren't for Tress Way we would have gotten throttled more than a few times. So you can't say you're a BPA guy and dismiss players in certain positions, imo. You are either a BPA guy or you aren't. Otherwise you absolutely ARE factoring in need/position value. 

OMFG, let's take a kicker/punter at 11.  I just want to see the meltdown on here, it would be so worth it.  

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am slowly going through Keim's podcast, other stuff is filtering in the mix, one of them that I like is they do like Lewis Cine. 

I like a reach on Cine on a trade back to 20 opposed to a fall of Hamilton to 11

Just now, KDawg said:

Antoine? Kenneth? Herschel?

Trayvon outta Georgia 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I knew who you meant. In my opinion... Stressing that here... in my opinion... That's a very Jaguar move :ols:

I do agree with the thinking they have that Walker has the best ceiling of the 3. Thibs would be my pick